Royal Palm Car Wash - Palmetto / $5 Car Wash - $500 Damage

1 1650 US 301 N.Palmetto, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 941-744-5500

STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR WASH !!!

I had a brand new car - factory new - no damage - no scratches - just brand new. Unfortunately I decided to take it to a car wash. The Royal Palm Car Wash had the amazing deal of a $5 car wash... now I know why. As I already stated, the car was brand new. After paying my $5 for the car wash and going through the tunnel I was "quite surprised" to see a long scratch on the roof of my new car.

I confronted the owner of the carwash Martin E. He checked the video and I received a written report from Royal Palm Car Wash that there was no evidence of a scratch before entering the car wash. I was told that Martin E. knows somebody who could do something like a touch up if that would be ok. A brand new $35k car and asking me if I would be ok with a touch up made by a friend who knows somebody who has a friend ... I denied that and went to my car dealer. They estimated the damage to $500. After faxing the estimate to Royal Palm Car Wash of Palmetto they suddenly denied all responsibility and liability.

They pretty much told me that I did the scratch myself. Right - as there was no damage before the tunnel - I must jumped out of the car in the middle of the car wash, climbed on my roof, made a nice long scratch into my paint, jumped back in the car, dried my self up, changed the wet clothing against the exact clothing I stored in the back of the car, and went then to the owner to show him the scratch and ask him to get it fixed. Right, that is the way I like to spent my off time. Again, there was no evidence of a scratch before I entered the tunnel. And yes I do have a written report of Royal Palm Car Wash of Palmetto.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR WASH !!!

Mr

Comments

• Dd
      7th of May, 2008

File a claim in small claims court,

• Em
      17th of Nov, 2008

Your sattire isn't needed.. There is NO equiptment in the tunnel that is anything but soft cloth (think Terry cloth for our brushes) so there is nothing that would warrant a scratch #1.. #2 It doesn't take alot of sense to figure out the dealer service is the most expensive work you can have done so the 500 dollar estimate is just that, I'm sure you found it cheaper somewhere else.

we run Porshes, Maseratis and Ferraris thru our tunnel on a day to day basis that keep coming back time after time. Martin Tried to work it out with you, on more than one occassion at that, but you were set in your way to take it back to the dealer for the work.

• Br
      9th of Jul, 2009

I've been thru the wash many times and haven't had anything but good service there. The staff is friendly and attentive and the owner doesn't seem the type to dismiss blame if responsible. I think three estimates is pretty standard.

Good luck to all.

• St
      10th of Oct, 2009

Everybody that knows anything about new cars ala worked at a dealer ship knows that just because a car is new doesnt mean it doesnt have blemishes on the paint.They dont send a new car back that just came of the truck because of scratches they mask it with a buff or paint.when ever you pass through a good car wash you remove dirt and old waxes from the paint.Then because you have not seen that blemish you assume the wash did it.I assure you that this miss communcation has come from ignorince from a upset person that didnt want to believe the truth Iv used this wash for year and a half and never had any problems. if this was the case you would think there would be more poeple complaining-sD

13th of Nov, 2014

Watch out beware. They scratched my new car before u go into the wash they have a guy washing over thr car by hand with these big brushes with black handles and they hit my car with brush. I will never go back. And now i see a huge scratch they tried to fix it . But now im werid to goback.and.let them.try to fix it again. Beware my friends. Dont go here. Go up the block to.the ellenton 9.95 handle wax