Royal Jordanian / Abusive Airline Employee

United States, New York, New York
Royal Jordanian
New York
Good day,

I flew RJ (Royal Jordanian Airlines) out of JFK. It was not my first time flying with RJ. However, this time the "manager" of the airline at the check-in was very aggressive and verbally abusive towards me. He asked to see my entry visa to my destination and I provided it to him, I expected that we would continue normally with the check in process. Instead, He proceeded to threaten me several times with being shot at, he shouted at me, he banged his hand on the counter violently and refused to check me in several times, telling me that to leave. I was bombarded with racial slurs and lies about my intentions. He continued to ask me to provide evidence of lawful entry into the United States. I do not understand why he would need to do this. I have traveled to the States and 12 other countries, but never have I experienced such ill-treatment or interrogation from a check-in agent. Nonetheless, I was able to navigate through this ordeal and board the flight. Had there been any merit to his reasoning; I would have indeed not been able to board the flight. Other employees present did nothing, they just watched. You can review the tapes from that date on the CC cams and observe for yourself the actions of this employee. I was with my wife at the time and did not want any delays so I did not pursue formal complaints. I did not want to miss my flight. This employee saw that and took advantage of the situation. I wonder if JFK management is okay with passengers being treated this way, Is there an official that can be reached that can make sure any other passenger does not suffer this kind of treatment.

That being said, I boarded the flight and the cabin crew was courteous and professional in all their dealings

Note: I tried to reach the airline but their response has been indifferent at best.

My contact and flight information is listed below.

Flight number 262 from JFK to Amman (20th of June)

Ticket reference number: [protected]