Royal Choice Distributors / Poor quality product!

WV, United States Review updated:
3.75
If a man comes to your door selling meat (beef, pork, chicken, seafood, etc.) do not buy. The quality is guaranteed for two years. But I have left messages to replace the product and have yet to get a return phone call. www.wvago.gov/press.cfm?ID=79&fx=more For more Info visit this site. I have already written this off as a bad choice on my part, but I will not sleep until I warn as many people as possible. I want to put theses people out of business.

Comments

La
  2nd of Mar, 2008
I only wish that I had read this before I bought from this company. Not only is the meat terrible and the company will not return any phone calls, they are unethical, immoral, and will committ illegal acts. They came to my door selling their product and I told them that I did not have the money to buy their product. I told the salesman that I had been out of work due to surgery and I did not have any money coming in yet. He persuaded me to post date a check promising to hold it for me. Not only did he deposit the check the next day, he altered my check by changing the date and forging my initials. I am currently working on taking them to court.
Ma
  6th of May, 2008
My husband's parents were taken advantage of by these people as well. They live on a very fixed income and were persuaded to buy meat that they could not eat. The man they purchased it from wanted them to pay him cash and reluctantly accepted a credit card, but then charged them more money than he originally stated he would sell them the meat for. They tried to cancel their purchase within the three-day cancellation period and the man refused to stop the payment and then stopped returning phone calls all together. They have not heard from or seen this man since. They are in the process of filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and with the Attorney General's office. I urge anyone who has been affected by these people to do the same. You may contact the Attorney General's office at 1-800-368-8808 and the Better Business Bureau at 1-800-362-0494. I want to see this company put out of business completely. The hard-working people of this state deserve better.
Ed
  18th of Jul, 2008
I filed a complaint against verizon a couple months ago and never heard anything from you, can you tell me what I need to do, what I need to send in,
Edwin crites 163 meadowlark lane mineral wells wva 26150-3129 phone 304 4891330
Ri
  4th of Jan, 2009
My wife was pressured into buying 10 steaks for 35.oo just so they would leave. They wanted 480.00 for the whole lot(Chicken, Beef, Shrimp). I called to complain to the salesman, and he threatened me. Needless to say I got nasty right back. I live in Virginia, the sheriff's office suggested I contact the Alleghany County Government office tomorrow, to see if they had a licence to sell in Virginia.
Ca
  11th of Oct, 2009
Hello to everyone... for your informations we are deaf from west virgina. The company two men who was selling the steak meats to us ( royal choice distributors). same thing happenes to us. The two mens came down to my house and selling us, we told them we dont have the money right now.. They forced me to buy it meats. we did told them no, We dont have any the money to buy it. they forced my husband to write a checks $ 478 hundred dollars and told him to hold it the check till Oct 1st. But the next day they deposited in the bank but it costs my husband 36 dollars for returned the checks. then in one week later, the two mens came to my house and kept bother me, They kept button rang flash lamp for 30 mintues. kept looking at the windows around my house . they are stubborn, not respect. i have the baby with me in my house. they werent a patient or respect. they thought we werent at home. then later tonight, they came back to my house around at 8pm what is going on late they came to my house. they not respect us again... my baby needs to sleep early . they kept knocking the door when i was in the office and talked to my friend. i was turned and noticed the two men at my door. i was like " oh again" . i opened the door and asked them what r you doing at my house late night? then two mens forced me to paid him $ 478.00 they said you have a bad checks, you owes me now or i will call the police on us for bad check.. I mean my husband's... i'm his wife writting down. it pissed me off at them! I told them to takes it theses stupid steak meats back... but they said no, but we ingored them. they kept said no, dont ! my husband was so mad and took all steak meats put in boxes. the man who knows in signs and told my husband " no, dont take it. then my husband said no i want thoses the steakmeats out of my house period. take them away from us. my husband insulted them to get out of my house or we will call the police on him. so they took the steak boxes and left so quickly right away. they seems scared that we planned to call the police. later we found out the peoples complaints about the company royal choice distributors steak... Honsetly with you, for your informations ... DO NOT BUY IT THIS stupid company. they ripped u off ! my husband tried to call this company numbers, but they never answered the calls when we kept calling them at royal choice distributors company but they never answered the phone. til few weeks later, then they kept bother me. is there two mens are hiding from us or something. we wanted to found out who they are coming from the businesses... i really want them stay out of the businesses. because two mens still subborn bothers us to much. i felt that they are stranger to us. Warning you, whenever two men company royal choice distributors come to your house to selling you the steak meat... please watch out of white little truck with a freezer ( i noticed it they dont have a businesses license numbers on his truck, seems they dont have on his truck . U know that it required a businesses license numbers on his truck .. its a state law required!! we noticed that white little truck dont have license numbers on it... whats going on! seems like they dont have any businesses license yet... if they dont have a businesses license, the steak meats can give to everyone a dieases what if happens. they must have a business license its a law!!! i want you guys to be very very careful . When i ate bacon with steak, it made me so sick because i had a gallbladder stone. i told them i dont want them steaks, but they still stubborn forced us to write a check. we dont want the two men come to my house again. if they do that, we will go against him the court. but we will go to court and file complaint against sue them for sure. warning you! be carefull watch out two mens to selling to everyone. they want the money without businesses a license. its a law!!! u should know that. thank you very much... i hope you all guys listen my truth stories about this company ! CAREFULLLLY!
Ro
  26th of Feb, 2010
I too was scammed. I am a single woman and they came to my home selling steaks. They came back after calling me numerous times and when they left my home there were things taken from my home of value while my back was turned putting steaks in the freezer. I called the company owner in Nutter Fort. The following day he lied to the police. He then called me and said he was inclined to fire them, but did I really believe they stold my things! I told him imphatically I did. He did not fire them. A few nights later the two guys abandoned the mans truck, stold the contents and let it parked along the road! i PROBABLY WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING back and in addition I tried to call the home office and SURPRISE : Its disconnected. Not only are they thefts but no one seems to care! I also would like to see them run out of town. My next call is to the local newpaper and then the attorney General's office!
Rs
  3rd of Apr, 2010
I KNOW WHAT EVERYONE THINKS OF THESE PEOPLE BUT NOT ALL OF THE COMPANIES THAT GO DOOR TO DOOR ARE THIS WAY. I HAD BOUGHT FROM ROYAL CHOICE AND THE MEN WERE REALLY RUDE AND DESITEFULL, AND THEN ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO 3 YOUNG MEN IN A SILVER VAN CAME TO MY DOOR ASKING IF I LIKED STEAKS, AND MY INSTANT REACTION WAS YES. THEN ONE OF THEM TURNED AROUND AND SAID "LET ME SHOW YOU MY STEAKS". AFTER GETTING BURNT AND PRESSURES THE LAST TIME FROM ROYAL CHOICE I DIDN'T WANT ANY PART OF IT AND I TOLD HIM NO. HE SAID "OK SORRY TO DISTURBE YOU BUT JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I'M NOT THIS COMPANY THAT IS GOING AROUND HEAR RIPPIN PEOPLE OFF THEN HE SAID HE HAD HEARD ALL THRU THE NEIGHBORHOOD ABOUT ROYAL CHOICE AND THAT HE HAD BEEN DOING IT FOR 10 YEARS AND THAT COMPANIES LIKE THAT WAS RUINING HIS REPUTATION" AND FOR SOME REASON I DECIDED TO LOOK AT HIS STEAKS. HE WAS NOT PUSHY OR RUDE IN FACT HE WAS A VERY NICE AND PROFESSIONAL YOUNG MAN WHICH HAD A VERY NICE PRODUCT. I HAVE BOUGHT OFF OF HIM AND ONLY HIM SINCE THAT DAY. SO I WOULD RECCOMMEND CHEF'S CHOICE TO ANYONE IN THE TRI STATE AREA. SO IN OTHER WORDS IF A MAN COMES TO YOUR DOOR FROM CHEF'S CHOICE YOU MIGHT WANT TO LISTEN TO WHAT HE HAS TO OFFER. HE HAS TREATED ME LIKE I WAS ONE OF HIS RELATIVES. WE HAVE EVEN HAD HIM OVER FOR A COOK OUT AND HE BROUGHT THE STEAKS.