Royal bank of Scotland ( previously ABN AMRO) / Lack of regulators inteh Middle east

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

RBS / Once ABN AMRO must be the worse bank in the middle east.

Due to previous encounter with these sorts of banks I had seen to it that my credit card gets an auto debited every month so that I needn't worry about late payments. I finally find out that my bank account was switch to dormant on the false pretense of it not having any "transactions". Why in the world would I want to put more money into a bank I do not trust? It simple the amount I had in there was already high enough.

Each month it was auto-debited my account. Isn’t that a "transaction"** in itself?

**Definition for the RBS staff :
TRANSACTION: The act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans); A deal or business agreement; An exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc; The transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account; An atomic operation; a message, data modification, or other procedure that is .

I was quite calm and collected for nearly three months, trying to help them sort their mess out. Thinking it’s all a lapse due to the take over of an already lousy bank ABN AMRO.
Now I realized its gone form bad to worse.

So I have decided to go on a strike. I don’t intend to pay anything until they solve my issue it three month and I’m still being shuttled from one division to another. It’s not a matter of AED179 on each my cards any more.
This is injustice and just because poor people cannot stand up to these pirates due to the lack of time or what ever reason have been getting of scot free.

I will see to it that they cannot block the voice of the people. I need every ones help. Please contact me. I intend to go to the press with this and also the courts if necessary. In a service industry they need to know that If the people go against them, they go BUST!

I will go on ranting about it till I’m heard. I need as many signatures as possible for this petition to go through.

Please email away. Need RBS to take the people seriously. And the government of UAE to make a regulatory to go for on such problem. Join the cause.
Sh

Comments

Ki
  27th of Jan, 2009
I have a complaint also against them... I have paid the credit card last month and now i'm getting a text that goes like this

I tried calling the same number to (+971554037440) to confirm that it was already paid and they just hang up the phone.
Ch
  6th of Mar, 2009
pls call me on my mob 055-6302054. I have complaint again RBS an i am unhappy with there service.
I am waiting for your reply
Thx
Bajaj
055-6302054
Ir
  15th of Jun, 2009
You can file a complaint against them with the UAE Central Bank at http://www.centralbank.ae/complaints/complaints.php

Whether there would be any follow up or not is a different matter, but when enough people complain, then the Central Bank has to look into this.
Ir
  15th of Jun, 2009
About your SMS stating 'Customer be informed that your file has been sent for FIELD INVESTIGATION after crossing 2nd month of non payment & avoiding bank calls on RBS(ABN) CREDIT CARD. Be ready with TOTQAL BALANCE PYMT on your cards. If pymts done call back URGENTLY to confirm details before 3pm.'

These are all BS! They cant afford to do all this stuff, so dont worry. You can tell them that you will report this to Gulf News/Khaleej Times about them and report about their behavior to their boss, Mr.Colin Macdonald - RBS Country Head, UAE.
Bi
  22nd of Jun, 2009
I too have a very bad experience with this bank .One guy from Collections called Deep called me and started using abusive languages to provoke me to use abusive language and record it.I am running here and there for settling this cards since january 2009 and these BS! made me pay one instalment 3 times for providing me settlement plan.But as soon as they receive the payment they are quite and another guy will be calling me to pay one installment to provide me settlement and i paid three times already and no news of settlement plan.They are keeping on adding late payment & overlimit Charges .I really dont know what to do with this BS!
Ti
  22nd of Jun, 2009
Heard of similiar complaints in their Indian operations as well.. They seem to be well reputed with goofy operations. might be a few bad apples in the employment that causes all this mess.. c'mon it takes good workers to make a firm well know or put it to shame.
To
  7th of Jul, 2009
I agree, just got the same call from their collections dept. people namely Khan and Malek Majeed and will be filing a police case against these people and will put them in jail.
Mo
  13th of Jul, 2009
ABN AMRO BANK, NEW DELHI
CARDIT CARD - 5425-0517-0231-3783
your phone banking is very poor . i call for your bank 15 min. before your staff is very bed toke for me . Mr rakesh and time 5.30 pm . please this man is very bed .I deposed the Payment Rs - 8600/- ch - no 000054 dt - 13/07-09 . Please cancel my Card IMMEDIATELY
Fi
  25th of Oct, 2010
NOTICE:

Please be informed that RBS now ADBC is using TAHSEEL Services -(HADAF AL KHALEEJ DEBT COLLECTION LLC) and they are the RUDEST people I've ever encountered.

I took a loan for 18 thousand and I've paid it in full last year of Feb. A month after, I got my Clearance Letter from RBS Office along Bank Street in Bur Dubai. At last, I'm a debt free person.

Yesterday after more than a year without getting calls from RBS, I received a call from one Filipina Lady who straightly told me that I owe the Bank 10 ten thousand AED. I was so surprised and I immediately informed her that it have been fully paid accompanied by a clearance letter.

You know what she said " I don't care if you have a clearance letter, my record show you owe us and you have to pay otherwise we'll report you to the police”... my temper exploded and told her how stupid is she by not thinking how on earth will a bank give you a clearance letter if your not fully paid... this time I'm on fire ... I told her that I will slap my clearance letter right into her face and put it in her mouth... then I hung up.

I immediately called ADBC customer service and told them about the incident. They've checked and confirmed that my loan has been fully paid since last year. I gave them the phone number of the STUPID Filipina lady and we had phone conference. It was confirmed directly by ADCB customer service to their collection company Tahseel that I'm fully paid and there's no need to contact me. The stupid lady was speechless and kept silent without uttering apologies for her horrendous attitude towards me.

See below the mail from the Tahseel:

I have received the letter and I will make it sure that no one from my office will call you again and will close the account as I have already received a call from Geetanjali(ADCB customer service). She informed me that your account is already settled and I received the letter from your end also.

I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

LESSON LEARNED:

THESE COLLECTION COMPANIES WILL NEVER TELL YOU WHICH COMPANY THEY'RE FROM. CALL UP THIER NUMBER AND PRETEND YOU LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THEN ASK WHAT'S THE COMPANY NAME. NOW YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHO THESE STUPID PEOPLE ARE.

NEVER GIVE THEM ANY CHANCE TO DEGRADE YOU, FIGHT BACK ! DO NOT BE AFRAID! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE TREATED AS SUCH BY PEOPLE WHO DON’T HAVE SELF-RESPECT AND MUST BE TREATED AS ANIMALS.

THREAT NEVER WORKS TO ANYONE WHOSE ALREADY THREATHENED.

THEY'RE FINANCIAL RECORDS ARE NOT UP DATE- BELIEVE ME... YOU'LL WASTE TIME EXPLAINING TO THESE NON-SENSE COLLECTION AGENTS OF TAHSEEL HOW STUPID THEY ARE.

CALL ADCB HOT LINE 04 0426 6000 AND SPEAK TO THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE. TELL THEM ABOUT YOU'RE GETTING CALLS FROM THEIR RUDE COLLECTING AGENTS AND THEY WILL CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY.
  18th of Oct, 2013
DEAR SIR... QUICK ACTION ME SIR. I AM GIVEN SOME DETAILE.

save me sir
  18th of Oct, 2013
DEAR SIR... QUICK ACTION ME SIR. I AM GIVEN SOME DETAILE. manager is frod sir. not given my money. and trancer to india currancy quickly enquriess me sir. i am given evdance sir.

Agree Disagree -1 Votes
DEAR SIR... QUICK ACTION ME SIR. I AM GIVEN SOME DETAILE. not given my account sir.