Roxio CD & DVD Burning / Program wouldn't work

1 30 E. Columbia Ave., Suite CBattle Creek, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 269-964-0640

Purchased “Roxio CD & DVD Burning” program at Battle Creek Office Max on July 7, 2008. Clerk promised I could return it for credit if it didn’t work. I would not have made the purchase if I was told it could not be returned.

Could not get the program to work. Returned to store same day but supervisor refused return.

Sent program CD and explanatory letter to Office Max corporate headquarters by certified mail same day.

A few days later there was a message on my answering machine denying credit or refund. Program CD was not returned from Office Max headquarters.

Comments

• Bo
      11th of Feb, 2009

I can't comment on the Office Max part, but I have 'Easy Media Creator 10.' I have had many previous versions and created many CD labels using their CD Label Creator. I am outraged that Media Creator 10 (I wouldn't say it is 'easy') will not work with any of my previously created CD Labels. I have probably fifty saved, and to use them in MC10 . . . well, I can print them if I make the font changes I need, but if I try to save them the program corrupts the previous version and won't open in MC10 again. Also, I can make changes and try to use 'Save As' to save it under a different file name, but it corrupts that as well. So, unless they come up with something to enable people to use or edit their CD labels created with previous version, you have to totally start from scratch.

I got my first personal computer in 1978, and this is the first time I've run into a program that corrupts and destroys the work done in previous versions.

7th of Jun, 2009

the software provider usually gives you a guarantee, once software is opened, office max legally can not return it. this is stated on your receipt. .. there are such things as copy right laws corporations must obey, unfortunately, makes it difficult for the customer and the retainer. don't blame office max for something they do not control. get a hold of the manufacture of the software and get your money back from the faulty company who made it not the one who hands are tied due to legal matters.

• Al
      23rd of Nov, 2013

It`s looks like compatibility problems. Try to check your hardware in software`s supporting list. You also can look around dvd label maker here http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/cd-dvd-label-maker/en/ and check it by yourself