Roving Auto Repair / Unprofessional

Roving Auto Repair of Virginia Beach damaged my driveshaft while attempting to change the u-joint. The owner, Howard Tabor, said he would send it out to have it repaired at no cost to me. The next day when I went to pick it up, the bill jumped from $45 to $115. When I complained, Howard Tabor became verbally combative and threatened to call the police. I refused to pay the additional $70 and they refused to return my driveshaft. Don't wast your time with Roving Auto Repair Virginia Beach. They are not professional!

De

Comments

Da
  2nd of Jul, 2009

I took my driveshaft to Roving Auto to have the u-joint replaced. It's a simple job and they quoted a price of $45. They said it would only take a half hour so I decided to wait. I stood at some distance but I could clearly see the technician working the driveshaft first with a pneumatic press and then with a big hammer. A few minutes later, he called me over to show me the huge crack in the yoke. He said he would send it out to have it repaired at no cost to me. Well when I went to pick it up the next day, the bill jumped to $115. When I complained to the owner about the bill, Howard Tabor became verbally combative and threatened to call the police. I refused to pay the additional $70 and they refused to return my driveshaft. Don't waste your time with Roving Auto. They are not professional!

Dl
  18th of Jul, 2009

Hmmmm what was the reason the cost increased? There is more to this story.