Rothman And Wise / Terrible company

In mid 2008, we were contacted by a very enthusiastic Rotham and Wise employee, Daniel Saxton, wanting to help us with our business collections. He was very personable and consistent. We needed the 'bull dog' approach with our collections so we hired them. We're talking large bucks >$100K.

Rothman and Wise reported collecting funds. After the first check was 'lost in the mail', we were reissued another check in early November (less than 1/5 of the total). At that point they continued collecting and promised that checks were issued on the 15th of each month for the monies collected in the previous month. We received no check in December or January and we continued calling and they continued promising a check. Now they are not returning calls.

In the end, Rothman and Wise took our company for around $80K. We can only guess because they are not answering our calls. Some of our customers say they paid them in full and we are waiting on their canceled checks as proof. We have sent notifications to all our debtors indicating that Rothman and Wise were scammers and to not pay them another dime.

Mi

More Rothman And Wise Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      2nd of Mar, 2009

It's a shame we live in a time and age when someone can go online and post slanderous comments in an attempt to smear a company's reputation without having any proof, or without even disclosing his identity for that matter. This situation was totally fabricated. I am familiar with all of the accounts Mr Saxton brought in during his short employment with our firm. He had no clients named Mike and no accounts in excess of 100 k . This is simply an attempt by a competing agency to ruin our reputation. Our company has paid all our clients and we continue to enjoy our ongoing rapport and relationships we've built with our clients over time.

I welcome you to call me directly and discuss this issue with me.
    Al Russo
    Operations Manager
    832-327-8010 ext:207

• D5
      22nd of Apr, 2009

The above response is very interesting, considering that Mr. Saxton's picture is still on the company website as a member of the team, and he still answers at ext. 326. I guess his "short employment with our firm" must have been reconsidered.

• Fo
      20th of Aug, 2009

Our company placed an account with Rothman and Wise also. Our customer paid them earlier this year, and we have not been paid a dime. I would say that their probably is some truth to the original complaint. I am in the process of getting cancelled checks to send to the AG for both our state, NM and the state of TX, where this company lists their address. Although, not anywhere near the amount of money the original complaint states, ours is only a few thousand, we are a small business, and we can't afford to be taken advantage of. I will, in the future, only place collections with local reputable companies.

15th of Sep, 2009

Received a call from Chris Morris several months ago. I trusted them and turned an account over for collections. They collected from my client within a week. Now they don't return call and they don't pay you the money they collect. Leonard Rothman promised to get me paid. HE LIED...THEY ALL LIE THERE!! After having these problems I did research. If you "google earth" their address you will see it's not the building they have picture on their website. It's a strip mall. They have logos on their webpage indicating they are members of professional groups, however they are not. I contacted the groups. They are a fraudulant company taking advantage of companies needing help with collection. DO NOT USE THEM. They are a fraudulent company that will collect your money but never...never pay you. If you want to verify my complaint, contact the Better Business Bureau of Houston, TX. Rothman and Wise have ignored the BBB's attempt to contact them and resolve this issue. Al Russo is supposedly the ofice manager but he also does not return phone calls. THIS COMPANY IS SCAMMING YOU!!!

15th of Sep, 2009

For everybody that may have ben scammed by Rothman and Wise..you may want to contact Sargent Schulze. I have read that he is conducting an investigation on behalf of the District Attorneys office. HIs number is 281-341-4654
    I will call him tomorrow. SOmething has to be done about these criminals!!!

17th of Sep, 2009

This morning I actually received a call from Al Russo who is the Operations Manager for Rothman & Wise. Apparently they were none too happy about all the complaints that I had littered on the internet about Rothman & Wise. Suffice it to say, he seemed very willing to work out our differences. He was actually very professional and seemed willing to fix my problem with Rothman & Wise. I was, however, very sceptical due to the way his boss had treated me as well as all the posts online that I have read from previous customers. But I am willing to give Mr. Russo the benefit of the doubt...this time!! We will see if he comes through on his promise to me to have check drawn early next week and sent to me with a tracking number. I will send another update as soon as I know something new.

18th of Sep, 2009

This morning, I got another follow up call from Al Russo. He informed me that he had mailed out my check today and even went as far as to forward me a tracking number. I am reserving judgement till I get it and it clears my account but so far, Mr. Russo has actually been the only one at Rothman and Wise that has kept his word. We will see what happens early next week.

25th of Sep, 2009

Mr. Russo was indeed a man of his word. The check showed up as he said it would, it cleared my acount today so all is forgiven and I am happy as a clam. He did a great job taking care of this for me. Thank you Mr. Russo.

• Ka
      4th of Oct, 2009

For the record, Leonard Rothman is not his real name, its an alias he uses. First it was Dave Chase when he was scamming people under the company name Chasemax and then changed it to Leonard Rothman when opening Rothman and Wise. His real name is Max Williams and the company is owned by his wife Margaret Williams. The other owner that goes by Jim Wise is actually Frank Fruia

• Un
      9th of Oct, 2009

Wow... they are very Deceptive. Thanks for the info Karmaaa. I have been searching info on them and it appears that they have smeared information on themselves all over the internet trying to cover up something. Now I think I know what! Good Head's up!

• Ka
      13th of Oct, 2009

No problem. Ive been doing some homework on these guys and have uncovered even more information. Apparently they have posted some articles claiming to have opened up offices in other cities and have "divisions", well I called in a favor and had someone local to them confirm that they only have 1 office, the one in Houston. The address they list at 1029 highway 6 is actually a UPS store. After discovering this we were able to find out that they actually are across the street from this UPS store in an office complex called Addicks Ten Business Park. I'm told its a small strip center type office next to a hotel called drurry inn. Hopefully someone local there can show up and hold them accountable for their fraudulent activity. I dont have a suite number yet but that should be coming soon. Stay tuned. Oh, also we google Frank Fruia, the guy claiming to be "jim wise", apparently hes a local race car driver. I wonder how much of our money has gone to financing his little racing hobby. Look him up and you can see where he races at. His number is 3x and its dwarf like cars.

• Un
      22nd of Oct, 2009

Very Interesting... Some people are just Worthless.

• Nw
      16th of Mar, 2010

I am glad to see that one person did collect some of the money they were owed. They must have carried some weight because we never got a dime. I have left dozens and dozens of messages and have never been called back. Unfortunately for honest companies, I am not sure who to trust so we have been doing collections on our own. I am sure there are some out there who would do the job honestly. I hope that these guys at R&W get their due.

• Sc
      11th of Jun, 2010

I have just been contacted by the party that I thought I was paying thru Rothman and Wise stating that I have not paid my account. After reading about the company in the posts above - I paid them and they did not forward my payment to the company that I was paying. I have put a phone call into the sargent listed above to speak to him. The personal that we spoke to from their office was Joe Kelly and the payments were mailed to 1029 Highway 6 North Suite 250-286 Houston, TX phone number 832-327-8010 x 409 and 888-755-7243 x 409 any other info on this? It seem that the other posts are from those who were supposed to receive funds. I am someone who sent the funds and now the company wants me to pay again.

• De
      31st of Jul, 2010

I can not believe you people! I can not believe this website! Defaming someone’s character is not legal. I see no creditable evidence of mismanagement. This is a collection agency people! All companies in the collections arena can understand the realities and difficulties of managing one. A company can’t collect their own client’s money for their services and so ask for help and then slander them? I see a problem with that. Has it ever occurred to you that these people also have families, possibly children, and spewing names on the internet is harmful, destructive, and utterly dangerous?
    I researched as well and found those names to not be correct (why would you write someone’s wife’s name, anyway? I can't find anything on the wife because she has no involvement obviously so why even mention that... does not make sense. However, I would be irate if someone tried to defame my spouse!) I don’t live in Texas but know that the company I work for receives most mail at a separate office suite to handle the high yield of mail/packages/etc.. So Google Earth steered you in the wrong direction there.
    I think people need to get a life, realize the reality of collection agencies (not every company will collect, people will assume they have money when in fact it was never collected, and debtors can easily say they paid when in fact they did not) and stop defaming people on the internet.
    Source: I worked at a collection agency and saw how difficult it is to a) collect money from companies that wont pay the original company in the first place, b) the burden of telling clients that the debtor is promising checks and we are waiting for them too (it's frustrating because i want my client to get paid too!), c) being the middle man between two parties that can’t negotiate on their own.

Oh, by the way, what are your names? Let’s all do a search on your name and your family and see what we come up with!

• Gr
      19th of Nov, 2010

To all who have open blances and complaints. The District Attorney of Fort Bend County texas has an active case of felony fraud against them as Max Alvin Williams ( as know as Chase Max Collections) AKA Rothman & Wise Collections. cse # 10-DCR-054012. If interested please call them at -1-281-341-4460.