Ross Stores (Brandon, FL) / dirty / messy / rude

I walked into the store at about 915pm before they closed with my soon to be wife to look around for stuff she wanted. As I walked by I saw a help wanted sign and was like wow! I need a job I can work here. I asked the front clerk how to get a ap and she said go on line. I went to find my soon to be wife and we started to walk down a lain and had to jump over piles and piles of stuff. Stuff was all over the floors and very hard to move around and find stuff you where looking for in the store. I was then like I cant even move I am going to sit out side in the hot 100 F heat and wait and forget about working here i cant even move. I waited till like 940 and my soon to be wife came out almost running almost crying and mad as ever. I was like what was going on in there? She told me that this bigger guy asked this lady in front of her if she was 55 or over to get a discount and she said no not yet then asked her and she get carded all the time to buy lotto. She asked if it was the policy to ask every one and he said it was. She said did you even look at me I don't even look over the 20's. We called the store before we left the lot and asked for a manager and when we told them the story they blamed it on not having a manager and it was just the weekend but it was Tuesday and the store has been a mess for mo's. She said it was not a policy to ask if you where over 55 and would talk to him but didn't sound like she would at all. I tried to call the corperit office at [protected] but they gave me a number to the complaint / customer service line at [protected]. I had to leave a message and they said they would get back to me with in 24 hrs. Will they really get back to me? I have heard so many stories about ross stores around the USA why don't they do some thing to fix it up? What is the CEO Michael Balmuth doing with Ross? Whats going to happen to ross next? I just want some one to talk to to tell them what happen.

Je

Comments

E
  16th of Mar, 2008

I was there the other day and had to use the bathroom. It smell like people are not using the urinals and is kind of a scuzzy place overall. Lots of bad elements in there.

Fr
  21st of Jun, 2009

I frequent Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Home Goods stores. The Ross in Brandon is extremely GHETTO. It is unorganized and filthy. The rest room is not marked, and the only way to use it is to be "buzzed" in by the fitting room attendant, who is either busy or not there. The rest room itself is nasty too. The other Ross stores are not this way, although none of them are as organized as the Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Home Goods. I don't bother with the Brandon Ross any more.