Ross storecustomer. [protected]@ros.com

Sn Gaithersburg, MD Review updated:

I went to Ross Store at Gaithersburg, MD today. After shopping my clothing and went to check out. There were not many cutomers waiting to check out and 3 counters were opened at that time. So, I went to the line with fewer people waiting. After the person in fornt of me finished his payment, I was ready to put the clothes on the check out table. Then, I was told I need to go back to the line and wait there since every people who want to pay need to follow one by one.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Gaithersburg, MD I was so unhappy since no one told me there was a line when I was waiting to check out in one counter, it really wasted my time. And, there was no sign to tell the customers who need to follow the line when checking out, it really confused the customers. And, the person who stood in front of me went to one of the three counters and finished her purchase, I went to that counter, the cashier told me it was still not my turn to check out since she needed to serve the customer who already put his stuff on to another cashier's table. I really felt bad since the way the store treated me. I will never return to the store, the service of the store really sucks.

Comments

• La
      May 04, 2010

i would like to know when will it be a ross store near or in toledo, ohio .

• Je
      Jul 03, 2011

I agreed all everything that someone told about all Ross store. When I go to Ross store in Curtner and Capital. I felt bad when I took a long time to return something. The worker in Ross showed me and another get in this line or that line. When I asked he that I return something. He said that "yes " this line, but I come in the cashier, the guy in cashier told me that this line dont return only for purchase. She told me that another line for return. They pissed me off. I only return but I need to take 30 minutes for waiting because a lot of people pay for purchase staying at return line. I think all managers in all Ross store should check this problem. Maybe it will make the fight between the customer together or the worker. I know the Ross store where all people like come in to shop.

• La
      Dec 10, 2014

Had a return today at the mechaniscburg, pa store. stand in "return line" for about 15 minutes. When it is my turn I'm told "MY LINE IS CLOSED you will have to go to anther line" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Then that same clerk goes over to another register and say "LINE 3 IS OPEN FOR ANYONE BUYING BUT NO RETURNS. So I stood another 15 plus minutes to return the item. Had it been a few dollar item I would have placed it on counter and walked out!!! ROSS YOU HAVE SEEN ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!! The quality of you clothing is really declining! I won't be back and will tell everyone I know to go some where else!

• Ro
      May 09, 2017

I just shopped at the Ross Store, Oakland Park, Florida, my FIRST and my LAST. Without a doubt, that is a nasty store, crap piled all over the place. Nothing was organized!, The Loss Prevention employee watched every step you made, which makes you feel uncomfortable. CHECK OUT IS A NIGHTMARE, WHO EVER THOUGHT OF THAT IDEA SHOULD BE FIRED. FOLKS, YOU ARE NOT SAVING ANY MONEY AT ROSS.

• Le
      Feb 03, 2019

I would like to file a complaint at ROSS GPO in Tamuning, Guam USA 96913 February 05, 2019 around 5:45 pm.
    The cashier (name not known) and the manager (Lucy) during that shift were rude and both did not want to hear me out.
    Scenery:
    I was on a personal call on my cell phone, so I had my mother fall in line to pay for the item(s) we were buying. (Please take note she is a tourist to Guam and senior citizen and the cashier at the time (register 13) had no courtesy).
    I saw this guy (customer) yelling at my mom to step back and move away from him with a hand gesture. My mom moved back. The guy was so disrespectful to my mom and the cashier said nothing. The moment I saw the guy doing that to my mom I rushed to my mom and I asked her why the customer was yelling at her. My mom said she didn’t know and had no idea. She only knew that the cashier called “NEXT CUSTOMER IN LINE NUMBER 13.”
    So, I found out that the cashier was not done with her transaction. The guy was not done entering his pin number for his credit card number to pay for his items. I completely understand his reaction (a complete stranger coming from behind him while he is entering his pin number). But just the way he reacted and responded to my mom was almost racist in a way. It was very embarrassing to my mom for him yelling at her in the front of how many people/customers there.
    So, I made the guy finish his transaction and I let him go because I didn’t want to create any trouble with him. Besides I would think that it would be the part of the cashier’s or management’s position to control such a scenario. Thinking the cashier will say something to my mom after the incident, some sort of gesture of apology, but….nothing!
    I asked the cashier nicely “why are you calling the next customer in line if she’s not done yet with her current customer?” She answered me back rudely with “, THAT IS OUR POLICY AND TALK TO MY MANAGER!” It was very disrespectful and unprofessional on her part. I asked the Loss and Prevention person if I could speak to the Manager on duty and she referred me to Lucy. I tried to explain to Lucy what occurred and felt that she too brushed off my concern. The only issue she kept pushing was that it was store policy.
    I don’t understand your store policy and why a cashier would call a customer next in line if the cashier is not done completing the transaction before the next customer is called. Someday this will cause customers to complain or even argue because of this policy. And if it is store policy, why isn’t it posted on store walls or by the cashier?
    I just need peace of mind not for me but for my mom. As I mentioned earlier, she is a tourist here on the island and this was her first experience at a ROSS Department Store. It was so very embarrassing; as a daughter, I was heart-broken at the situation and so dissatisfied with the professionalism and customer services that the staff gave that night.
    I truly hope my complaint does not go unnoticed. I am a regular customer at your store and I enjoy the great deals that I find. I just didn’t appreciate the type of management that was given.

•   Jun 19, 2019

@Leslie Corpuz You didn't know how many things you were buying??

Ok... Well

•   Jun 19, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Sorry. Stupid post button getting in the way!

Anyway... This is Guam, which is a us owned jurisdiction. Why are you not being so discourteous in your country being on your phone AND forcing your visiting mother to deal with this? Really? Was your husband going into emergency surgery at that moment? Are you the governor making a death row call to stay an execution?
    No? GETOFFTHEPHONE!

•   Jun 19, 2019

@Leslie Corpuz Now I know where you got your rudeness from! Your mother really creeped up behind someone not finished with paying? I know she was told next but common courtesy says back the eff off so it doesn't look like you are stealing someone's info! He put the hand to stop her and I applaud him. Your mother was doing what she was told but she should have walked slower until he had left the register. If this is the norm at this store, why do you continue to shop there?