Ross Dress for Less / mean management

1 Summer and WarringMemphis, United States Review updated:

As I was strolling with my merchandise to the check-out at the Ross Dress for Less store on summer at Warring in Memphis, Tennessee, I passed a sweet, little girl with a ball who was bouncing the ball very closely to herself. She was being very quiet and was bouncing the ball gently within two inches of where she stood. She was causing no harm to anyone, and she certainly was not a danger to anyone.

Then, here comes this brute of a manager and snaps, "DON'T BOUNCE THAT BALL!" I couldn't believe it, because I had seen balls thrown in this very store with no comment being made. I quickly spoke out: 'Why not?' The store-woman snapped at me and yelled: "IT'S FOR SAFETY." I could not believe what she was saying since I had witnessed balls being thrown across the store by older boys. I replied: 'Then I hope you tell all the children who are throwing balls not to.' She replied, "Yes, I will." This entire conversation was spoken to me with her back to me.

I came home and immediately looked for the executive offices of the Ross Dress for Less department stores and could not find anything. I did find this complaint board.

I am tired of rude store managers who, it is apparent, are not being supervised. When did it become approriate to "snap" at children in public and then, "yell" at customers.

Where is the responsiblity board for Ross Dress for Less? Where is the place to go to talk to someone when one of their employees is rude, out-of-line, and mean? Or, do they just make sure they hire the mean ones, --there sure are a lot of complaints agains these store chains.

It will not be a problem for me not to go to that particular store again. But, I still would like to know that someone is listening to me.

Comments

• Ba
      16th of Jun, 2008

• It
      20th of Aug, 2008

I started working at the Ross Store that opened in Boise, Idaho on July 11.
    The have the most incompetent and rudest management personnel I have ever encountered.

NEVER SHOP or work for ROSS!!

18th of Nov, 2008

1 800 BUY ROSS

• Ee
      10th of May, 2009

I have witnessed several rude incidents at the Ross establishment in Memphis, Tenn on Summer Ave.There is this one particular manager by the name of Angelique.She is so unprofessional and very rude, not only to the customers, but also to her employees.I witnessed her get into an shouting match with a customer because the customer had no receipt for an exchange.I frequents the store often, I overheard a couple of employees talking about the unfair treatment they receives from her.You can actually see the discomfort in the employees eyes when you're shopping there.Someone in Corporate needs to investigate that store and the management.

• Th
      7th of Feb, 2010

I just want everyone to be aware that Las Vegas Stores the management is horrible one of the new MODs is Gloria at store #424 on Serene and Eastern (mind you this is a training store so this sets the standards) she talks to her employees like they are stupid as well as cut them off during a conversation and belittles them in front of other employees and customers. She not only does this on a daily basis she does this in front of customers, even the customers think it is rude for a manager to talk to the employee that way. Along with most of the people are not properly certified in a timely manner and have to beg to get any tests completed. On top of that pay checks are short even when you work overtime and when they are it takes you a few time to get them corrected if they even get corrected. I think that is a violation of human rights. To even take a bathroom break is like an act of God. They push you and tell you to hurry and do the FAST program and even at 17 seconds per transaction it still isn't good enough. They pay very little and people are of various ages however mostly minority's which means very little white people and they are put down and told they don't work fast enough even after 8 hours. They only choose the people they like to promote and hold the ones that are qualified back from moving up because they are better in some areas and they would prefer to keep them there. The amounts they pay are ridiculous but I guess we have to shut up and be happy we even have this due to the economy.

• 10
      25th of Mar, 2010

Today I bought a Michael Jackson book from Ross. First of all there was only one of that kind in the store also it was COMPLETELY damaged, ripped apart, awful! But I am a huge fan of MJ so I had to have it no matter what. So at the checkout I asked the manager for a discount and she rudley snapped at me with a grumpy voice & said no discounts, do you still want it? I was confused, I asked myslef is this manager blind? I asked her if there were anyomre and she said no and she refused to give me a fair discount. So I had no other choice but to buy it full price. Also, this is the same manager that didnt do anything about 1 of her employees that was so so rude to me. Her employee the same day I bought my MJ book, tried to accuse me of stealing a HUGE kids play tent. The tent was out in the open and I just so happen to be looking at it, and she knew she had to clean it up, so she just decided let me take my anger out on this cutomer. I ask you, how will I walk out of the store with a HUGE kids tent that I dont need, I am 21 years old! The employee and manager seemed to have a terrible day so they took it out on a customer. WORST EXPERIENCE!!! Seems like Ross is filled with grumpy, rude, negative associates that also look uneducated and like they just came out of jail. I have to be honest here.

• Ro
      14th of Dec, 2010

ROSS HAS ONLY IDIOTS WORKING FOR THEM! I WONDER, WITH ALL THE COMPLAINTS AND PROBLEMS, IF THEY'LL EVER LEARN? I BET YOU THEY WON'T! WANNA KNOW WHY? ITS EASY! AS YOU KNOW, EVERY SINGLE ROSS STORE, WORLD-WIDE, AS NOTHING BUT UNEDUCATED, STUPID ILLEGAL ALIENS THAT CAN'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH, BECAUSE CORPORATE IS FILLED WITH THEM AS WELL! HA HA! HOW COULD THE STORES GET QUALITY EMPLOYEES, IF THESE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR BOSSES AND UPPER MANAGEMENT, ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THERE DUMB-DUMB LOWER LEVEL WORKERS? YOU NEED SMART, AMERICAN BORN, OR ATLEAST ENGLISH SPEAKING MANAGERS, FOR THE STORES TO MAINTAIN PROPER WORK ETHICS. BUT ROSS HAS A CIRCUS STYLE CIRLE OF POOR, UNEDUCATED MANAGERS, HIGHERING THERE OWN FRIENDS, SO THE SORRY EXCUSE FOR EMPLOYEES NEVER GET BETTER... JUST WORSE! CORPORATE, YOU NEED TO FIRE ALL YOUR STUPID, UNEDUCATED, NO COLLEGE TRAINED MANAGERS AND HIRE THE TOTAL OPPOSITE... THEN THOSE MANAGERS NEED TO HIGHER LOWER LEVEL EMPLOYEES, JUST LIKE THEMSELVES! BUT ROSS IS TOO CHEAP AND FAR TO STUPID TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT! I JUST HAD A PROBLEM MYSELF, THE ASSISTANT MANAGER TOLD ME TO COME THE NEXT DAY. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TIME I SPENT DRIVING TO THAT ROSS THAT NIGHT? AFTER CALLING CORP. I WAS ASKED TO GO BACK, JUST TO MEET THAT ASSISTANTS BOSS! HE WAS UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM, IT TOOK ME 1HOUR TO GET MY MONEY BACK FOR SOME [censor]ED UP MERCHANDISE! THESE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH!!! CORP. OFFICE, IF YOU'RE READING THIS NOW (IF YOU CAN READ ENGLISH), WAKE UP AND READ THE AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS CUSTOMERS HAVE WITH YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR MANAGERS AND EMPLOYEES! FIRE ALL OF THEM AND RE-HIRE SOME REAL SMART, HELPFUL, MAYBE EVEN ENGLISH SPEAKING EXAMPLES OF HELP... BECAUSE IF ANYONE NEEDS HELP, ITS ROSS! BURN IN HELL!;-)

• Ss
      27th of Jan, 2011

Wow... Shows you people are uneducated that you post comments on this website. If you had a problem go to the root cause, and stop saying so much bull on here. Lowlifes.

• Co
      16th of Feb, 2011

I Am Sick and tired of HAVING TO WORK there Because No One Else Is Hiring Right Now~ The Store manager is COMPLETELY RUDE ALL OF THE TIME!!! Are they All trained like this!?!?!?!?~

• Ro
      9th of Jan, 2012

I went to a Ross store here in Atlanta, GA...the store is located in a very pretigeous part of town called Buckhead. I went in to exchange a Marilyn Monroe Picture that my daughter brought me for Christmas...I did not have a price tag or receipt as it was a gift. I wanted to return the picture because of the Pink background does not match the pink in my room. I talk the manager in charge and he told me to go and find something to exchange for the picture, so i did but when i came back his whole attitude had changed. I guess since he was a regular employee who was acting manager he was on a power kick. He was very RUDE to me and told me that he did not have the same picture in stock so therefore he could not exchange the merchandise. Keep in mind that the picture was only $19.99...I know Ross stores always look empty but after this encounter i see that they really need the money. The employees are low class and so is the store. After i told the employee that i would call corporate he found it amusing. I was so angry that i did not sleep...i called Corporate and i'm still waiting on someone to return my call...Now i see why this guy found this so amuzing. I WILL NEVER SHOP A ROSS STORE EVER!!! and that goes for my family as well...with the way that they conduct business..they won't have any.

• V0
      7th of Feb, 2012

You're an idiot, Ross is Awful. Your daughter's inability to keep a receipt is of no concern to store employees, let alone management. I see comments on this site all day about how rude and ignorant the employees are, but what about the customers? Who's fault is it REALLY when the customer cannot fulfill their contractually obligated agreement when making a purchase (after all, a purchase is a contract between the buyer and seller - the receipt is the contract and on the back of said receipt holds the terms). Seems to me that the majority of complaints on here and abroad are just people who have poor management and organizational skills.

• V0
      7th of Feb, 2012

Seems like I've struck a nerve, you mad? It's alright, I won't hold it against you.