Ross Dress for Less / lack of cash register and stocking employees in pflugerville, tx store

Pflugerville, TX, United States

This is a formal complaint on the lack of employees at store #1326 for several months. On May 20th at 11:25 am, I went in the store and saw it in very poor conditions. See pictures I have attached. Also, there was only 1 cash register open. The employee at the register made several attempts to call for additional employees to help but no one came for 15 minutes. Yes, I was in line to pay for 15 minutes.

Today, June 14th at 12:20 pm, I went in to purchase 1 item and had a customer waiting to pay line and 1 employee at the cash register. I had enough and spoke with the Supervisor, James - who proceeds to tell me that they are short staffed. I told him, "what about you, can't you go and help at the register?" He didn't reply. Apparently, he feels it's beneath him or doesn't care. James was trying to look busy in the returns basket. There were about 50 people in the store at this time of day but 9 of which were actually in line for several minutes. The cash register lady was very friendly but you could tell she was anxious due to the line.

I have seen people leave there items in the racks that form the register line because they got tired of waiting. I've done this more than once as well. I wonder how much revenue you have lost because of this.

I would like to see more than 1 cash register open or a 2nd readily available within seconds. In addition, there needs to be better inventory and maintenance of the products. Many times the clothes are on the floor; trampled over by the shopping carts; then damaged. I shop at Ross at least twice a week and live about 3 miles away.

Sa