Ross Dress for Less / no customer service banner & rude ross employees

1 3202 N John Young PkwyKissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (407) 343-4779

Yesterday, I walked in ross stores at the loop, kissmmee, fl to return my short which was small in size. When I walked in there was no customer service board which I can follow and the register which was taking care of returns was lit off.
I went to the next register which was purchase only assuming they are taking care of return. After waiting for 40 minutes in line because of an old lady who was damn slow with the purchases, I got to know that I have to go to the counter which is number 1 counter and light is lit off.
Old lady asked the lit off counter register lady ' virgin' to take care of me next but one other customer started complaining about me coming in between the line. Now what is my fault? There was no customer service board + counter light is switched off as if it's her time is up. I was asked by line manager to go back in line and wait for my turn again.
I talked to the asst/ manager on the spot after that and she agreed that this is common complaint. That means nobody is taking care of it? Nobody?
I have left 3 voicemail with david clark, district manager and waiting for a good response.
— sam

Comments

An
  29th of Nov, 2009

I had a HORRIBLE experience at Ross today
11-29-09
The store was closing and something caught my eye, the line was pretty long and i figured i would go glance at it and one of the employees came to tell me that the store was closed and i told her that i was aware but i was looking at something and i was going to return to the line. She called a supervisor that told me i HAD to wait in line and I work in retail and i know that by law they are not allowed to "Force" customers into doing anything unless they are disturbing customers, which I wasn't. Then the supervisor kept following me then he finally left me alone for a while and i jumped in line cuz it was starting to shorten up. After two minutes of being in line he came up to me and told me i had to leave the store!!! THAT WAS F***** UP! i have never been disrespected in a store like that! I will return again and i better be treated with respect. This location was in Los Angeles on Hollywood and Western.

Ih
  22nd of Dec, 2009

There should always be a customer service person up front. Hopefully you'll get a nice gift card and a major discount for the complaint. Good luck and keep us posted.

Im
  10th of Feb, 2010

common sesne would tell you to go to the customer service area, which would be a booth like area like the only one in the front, or maybe ask someone before getting in line. the only reason why i think you complain about this is because maybe you've never had to work at a retail store and had to deal with customers with no common sesne like yourselve. i have shopped at this ross at the loop many times and know this "virgin" lady you speak of and she has always teated me with respect and tried to be as helpful as possible to every customer. maybe you shouldn't bother the district manager with such a minor complaint. its a store. not your life.

Je
  28th of Apr, 2010

Store location: san jose, ca curtner (the newest store here in san jose)

On sunday I went to Ross with two dresses and receipts inside the Ross plastic bag for return. As I entered, there was a super long line. So I decided that I don't wan to stand in line once for the return and then another time if I decided to buy something. I saw some dresses that I would like to try on. I went to the dressing room and the rude fat woman (between 20's to early 30's) told me I cannot bring my bag into the dressing room. I told her she need to make sure no one touches my stuff and she said okay. But I can tell that look on her face that she didn't like what I just said to her.

As I came out, she was no where to be found and there was only one bag there, so I assumed it is mine cuz there is no other bag outside of the dress room. I ended up not buying anyting and decided to return my two dresses during the weekdays since it is always quiet and no line. I am a stay home mom. Today, I decided to go and return my dresses and I opened up the bag which was tied in a knot. I was shocked to find out that the items inside the bag wasn't mind. There was a pair of children jeans size 14 with brand name tag but no Ross tag and a super huge polyster cheap pair of short with a ross mark down tage of $5. My gutt feeling is someone must heard what I told the dress room lady that it is two really nice dresses and she must look after it cuz I don't want anyone stealing them.

My worst fear happened on sunday. Someone stole my bag and walked out of the store since there is no sensor on them. Or my other hutch is the store dress room employee got pissed off at me and switched the items to get back at me.

I called to the store today and no one seem to care enough to help me. They told me that the store manager isn't there. I guess I have to take that big lost and return the polyester shorts for $5 store credit since it is not my item and I don't have the receipt to it.

This happen like around 2 p.m. at Ross. If you are corporate, you should make your employees are accountable for things like this cuz if it happen too many times, you will lose your good customers and attract only the bad customers. Deep in my heart is that I stil think that the Ross Employee switched my stuff to get even with me. I spend hundreds of dollars at Ross already. You wouldn't want all your customers to go to Marshall and TJMAXX. They carry identical products for similar prices. I am just a loyal customer and only putting up this complaint so higher mangement know about these kinds of issues at Ross.

If some Target can help friendly and polite employees, you can too do that!!!

Je
  28th of Apr, 2010

This happen at San Jose, California curtner / willow Glen location.

If some Target can help friendly and polite employees, you can too do that!!!

At
  1st of Jul, 2012

I do a lot of online shopping and every time I go into Ross it confirms why. At Christmas they started having "Security Guards" posted at the door in full regalia uniforms. All in black, big SECURITY on the back - OK there is, unfortunately, a lot of theft, and in this Economy it is a serious problem for stores. The guards are still there so it remains a problem for Ross and there seems to be fewer stockers and other staff, not that they were ever helpful before. Staff are just like Walmart and as above said, not like Target who is on the ball. The guards follow you around, pretending to straighten up items like a stocker, but very obvious they are checking to see if you are shop lifting. Very obvious...and very intimidating to me. I am Not shop lifting! I have to bend down to see items on the lower shelves and my eyesight is not good so it takes me awhile. They wonder why Ross is not busy here in Tequesta, Florida, while next door TJMax is always packed and never felt I was being followed.