Ross Dress for Less / terrible experience

1 200 EAST KAMEHAMEHA AVENUE KAHULUI MAUI, HI 96732Kahului, HI, United States Review updated:
Phone: (808)8875483

My name is Haaheo Tagaloa. I had purchased a Liz Claiborne luggage at Ross dress for less on 06/19/08, around 4:57pm at Kahului Maui. I was not aware of the "Lock" being missing until i got to my car. I went back to the Customer service desk and told the woman that i have a set of keys on my luggage but no "Lock"!!!

She then told me that it doesn't come with it because it's at discount but, I asked her why would there be a set of keys??? She then called her manager at the time who also told me that it's a discount item and it just arrived and they put it out the way it came! I then told the women that there was a few luggage there in the same brand that had the locks with it and it was also on discount too just one size up form what i purchased! They still said the same answer to me! The only reason I'm so VERY UPSET is:

1) NOT ONE OF THEM APOLOGIZED FOR THE ITEM!!!

2) NOT ONCE DID THEY OFFER SOMETHING ELSE!!!

3) POOR SERVICE!!!

4) THE MANAGER NEVER TOOK ACTION ABOUT THE SITUATION!!!

5) NO THANK, NO SORRY...!!!

6) NO SIGN SAYING WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT IS SOLD AS IS...!!!

IF I WAS THE MANAGER AT THAT TIME I WOULD HAVE CHECKED THE ITEMS BEFORE PUTTING IT OUT! PUT A SIGN ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT! OR OFFER OPTIONS... IF I WAS A SECRET SHOPPER I WOULD HAVE FILLED THEM FOR LACK OF SERVICE, POOR RESPONSE, BAD ATTITUDE, AND FALSE INFORMATION BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO SEE THAT THERE WERE OTHER LUGGAGE ALSO SAME BRAND WITH A LOCK ON IT & KEY!!! BECAUSE OF THIS THEY HAVE LOST A CUSTOMER!!!

Comments

• Ar
      15th of Feb, 2009

It sounds to me that you were just being a whiney customer. You shouldn't expect something without asking for it in the first place. Don't beat around the bush, you could have very well asked: "Hey, can I go over there and get myself a lock?" I'm sure they would let you have it since your's was apparently missing. Don't just hint for something.

As for apologizing; honestly, what can they do about the situation? They can ask if you want a refund but it's not their fault that something was missing from your luggage. People like you need to understand that the employees and managers were not the ones to make the product, they just sell it. And since there have been a lack of employees, so I've heard, in Ross stores, who actually has the time to check each and every individual bag? Your expectations for a DISCOUNT store are far too high.

My suggestion to you? Get your nose out of your ### and go to your local mall and buy yourself an over-priced, brand name piece of luggage. People may work at a discount store for a living but that doesn't mean you can disrespect them by acting like a snooty ### to them. They are still human. Humans make mistakes.

• Sm
      17th of Mar, 2009

I have to agree with Ariya Tragedy on this. Its a discount store for crying out loud! They are probably waaaayyy to busy to even notice if you go and grab a lock from another piece of luggage. Or, how about next time asking for a 10% discount since now you have to go buy a lock. If they say "no", then so what, move on! And what a shame for you that you won't shop there any longer over something this ridiculous. Grow up!

• Na
      13th of Sep, 2009

You can buy a luggage lock very cheaply. And, besides, when you travel you cannot lock them on airplanes. You can buy a nifty lock that is certified able to be opened by the
    airlines. I have many sets of luggage and locks are no big deal!

• Hu
      23rd of Feb, 2010

You sound like a very lonely person to be complaining like this. Nothing's "free" or "a deal" in this world, u get what things are worth. It's obviously at the discount store for a reason. Go to macy's if you wanna be jerked for 1000% what you paid at Ross. Ross employees have to work with what they got. They do not operate the loom or the textile mill, nor is there a quality control department in the store.

• Ap