Ross Dress for Lesshorrible employer

Where do I start!? I got hired at Ross on the same day as my interview. They really pave the way with gold and make it seem like an amazing place to work at. The glamour and appreciation wears off after working for about 10 days. The girls I work with are catty. They scold you when you're wrong or try to prove you wrong and criticize. I was working on moving a heavy full dressing room rack when this girl asks me "come on, aren't Ya gonna help me!?" as if I was just standing around. The whole time we were partnered, she was degrading and kept rushing me. ALL of the new people including me get treated bad. We are used as slaves to serve the people who have a little senormity so they don't even have to work. employees will stand around chatting and if you're walking by they will ask you if youre busy and doing your job when they are clearly not doing theirs. Ttwo other groups of employees at Ross dont work as well, the management and the LOSS PREVENTION. the loss prevention doesn't do their job. they stand around. they can't touch merchandise and now they can't even walk the store. people will walk out with bags off stuff. one time loss prevention even forced me to follow around a guy, when I was busy with something else. The managers just run and hide in the office when things get tough. We let people and children damage our stores cleanliness and the products themselves without any care. they get mad at you when you can't stay longer or come in with no notice. They will schedule one day for you, let's say Monday 3--9. You will come in Monday at 3 and they will talk down to you like you're stupid because they changed the schedule without notice and you're an hour early. Yes, no notices are made on schedule changes! they just scold you and let you come in early and make you stay till the set time. They also have had me work Thanksgiving, Christmas eve and New Years eve without asking and without over time. I'm so sick of Ross. whether it's the loss prevention who gets paid to stand at the front, the mean spirits of my co workers and customers or scheduling, I'm overall so unhappy. can't wait to leave.

Us
Jan 01, 2015

Comments

• Re
      Jan 01, 2015

Boy Honey, are you ever in for a rude awakening!!! What you describer happens no matter where you are employed. As far as getting overtime pay for working Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and whoopie New Year's Eve, goes, the only way people get overtime pay is if they have already worked 40 hours a week during the week that those days occurred. Did you get something called Holiday Pay? That being said, I think that is optional whether or not an employer offers that.. Actually Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve aren't even holidays. As for you complaints about co-workers, I think you are greatly exaggerating the fact. It would be interesting to hear the rest of the story. All employers are going to glorify the positions that they are hiring for, it is a fact of life. It sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do.

• Pu
      Feb 05, 2015

This is a discriminating Corporation to work for! The MANAGER NAME ERIC AT THE COLLIERVILLE LOCATION IS FILLED IMMATURE YOUNG PEOPLE AND FOOLISH ELDERLY PEOPLE! THE MANAGERS ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AT ALL! ALL YOUR BUSINESS WILL BE SHARED AMONG THE STAFF!! AND IF YOU REPORT ANY ISSUES YOU WILL GET TERMINATED! BUT THEY WILL LIE TO YOU LIKE THEY WANT YOU TO REPORT IF YOU'RE TREATED UNFAIRLY! THE YOUNG GIRL NAME SIERRA, SHE'S THE STOCK LEAD FULL OF HATRED, ENVIOUS, LOVE TO SCREAM, THROW OBJECTS, SHOW OF TEMPERED TANTRUMS, CRIES ALOT, GHETTO AND WANTS TO FIGHT EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T AGREE WITH HER FOOLISHNESS. SHE USES PERFANITY ALL DAY LONG AND STAY ON HER CELLULAR PHONE CONSTANTLY! IF YOU LET ROSS TELL IT, IT'S AGAINST THE POLICY TO DO THAT! IT'S ALOT OF FAVORITISM AND BROKEN RULES ARE APPLIED IN THIS STORE. BUT THE ONE'S THAT ABIDE, SEEMS LIKE THEY GET PUNISHED FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR! THIS IS A JACK ### LOCATION AND THE FEMININE MANAGER NAME ERIC HAS A GIRLISH ATTITUDE AND TALK TO YOU LIKE, YOU WERE BORN YESTERDAY! HE LOVES TO RETALIATE A LOT! AND IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO RETALIATE AGAINST ANYONE!! THE LORD WILL SEE FIT SOON WATCH! I REBUKE ALL THE DEMONS AT THAT PARTICULAR LOCATION COLLIERVILLE ! SAD PREDATORS!!

• Pu
      Feb 05, 2015

True facts! THIS STORE NEEDS TO BE AUDITED AND EVERYONE DEALING WITH MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE RATED ACROSS THE BOARD. COLLIERVILLE LOCATION IN MEMPHIS TN. EVERYONE NEEDS MORE TRAINING PRIOR TO MANAGEMENT! AND THEY ALL NEED TO RECONSIDER ANGER MANAGEMENT! THEY ARE CONFUSED, OUT OF ORDER, CHILDISH, UNPROFESSIONAL, FALSIFYING STAFF, CROOKS & ETC;