Ross Dress for Less / store atmosphere

1 Bend, United States Review updated:

I don't understand why Ross let's the consumer get away with throwing their merchandise all over the floor! It's like a big joke, no one seems to care that the store looks like a pig sty. What's up with that? No other store would put up with it. I have been to T.J.Max, which has the same stuff as Ross and it doesn't look like Ross at all. I think the big bosses better start taking a look at the way the store looks and make some changes, It's an embarrassment to say you work there, people just shake their heads and laugh! It's not fair that the employees get punished to stay and clean up the publics messes, if so then you need to pay a lot more than what employees make there. I hope you take this seriously.

La

Comments

• Ju
      16th of Jul, 2008

I have worked for Ross for almost 6 years, and you can not get help from your District Manager/corporate office.Forget HR they are no help at all

If the customer gets mad that you did not take back merchandise that not only smells really bad and has been worn many times, they will call corporate and then not only do you have to take the merchandise back but you have to to call and apologize to this person per DM. Then you have to give them a 20% discount the next time they shop in the store...per DM

But you have customer's stealing the very expensive bags and filling them up with merchandise and no staff cause usually all of the manager's are on register's they(customer's) just walk out the door..Ross need's to get a grip and some of the DM's need to work in the stores and find out what really is going on...They couldn't handle it, lets get the payroll in line with what you demand from your employee's..My question is??? Before you put down your employee's, can you do what they do...Probably not..

• Ad
      30th of Jan, 2010

My name is Adela and I used to work at Ross in San Antonio, TX. The one across the highway from North Star Mall, as a fitting room attendant. I’m sorry if you guys think we are rude, mean, or the stores are a mess, but I have to stand up for Ross. We work our ### off to keep up with the stores, but it still gets a mess. People young and old, woman, girls, teens, men, boys, kids trash our stores. I’ve seen business type people come into my store get clothes, shoes, accessories, etc and just leave them on the floor. I’ve also seen a ton of people try to find any little thing wrong with the clothes example the tag not being on, to get a discount on them. You have to understand that people come in and leave clothes where they don’t belong, or throw them on the floor, and of course they get stepped on. Us employees can’t be everywhere at once, and yes sometimes we are understaffed, but if the costumers could put back whatever it is they have looked at back to where it belongs then it wouldn’t be such a bad idea. I understand that it is not your job to do that, but if you’re one of the ones who do that then congratulations, if you aren’t and don’t lie to yourself because most of you aren’t STOP complaining and if the store are really that bad then find a different store. Oh and another thing it is NOT okay to let your kids play with the skateboards, or any kind of balls we have, or open the toys. NOT COOL, and make sure you pay attention to your kids. I had a little girl in the fitting room for about ten minutes. She was crying, and we kept making announcements that she was lost. One of the employees even walked around with her trying to find her mommy, and they couldn’t. When she returned to the fitting room we made another announcement and the mother still didn’t show up. About five minutes later her brother not much older than her showed up to take her to their mother. OMG people pay attention to your kids. We had another little boy take a crap on the floor by the toys because his parents where to busy shopping to take him to the restroom. Even after they found out all they did was say sorry and continue shopping. As for the restrooms we clean them, but the costumers trash them. If you want a clean RR then don’t let your kids go in by themselves and if they do check up on them. I’m really surprised how bad the ladies RR get during my shift. Is it really that hard to flush the toilet, put the top in the trash can, or even throw away your paper towels? Come on. TREAT our store with respect. The fitting rooms can also get really bad. This is my area so I know how bad this can get. There is only 8 items allowed in the fitting room. We have signs posted up saying that in both English and Spanish. You can’t take your baskets in the back no matter what. Our clothes are on hangers for a reason. If they are on them when you take them in then bring the hangers back out along with your number. If the customers would do that then the fitting rooms wouldn’t get bad. We get super busy when we are working in the fitting room. We have to count the items as your going in, and when you are coming out, so be patient with us. If you have time to try things on then you have time to wait in line. It is our job to do all this along with separate all the clothes and hang them on our racks so they can be put back on the floor. We have to do this for all the clothes that the customers give us, what they leave in the front, and what the other employees find on the floor or in the wrong spot. That’s a lot of clothes as you loyal Ross customers know. I’m truly sorry to tell you this, but as you can see we can’t watch your baskets for this reason, but I’m sorry and I tell my customers that too when you baskets go missing. I have to let you know that in my store the employees ask me before they take any baskets. Empty or not and I tell them not to take them especially if I’m not sure if they are anyone’s. You the customers should treat each others baskets with respect. Nobody likes there basket to go missing, so please don’t take them. I wish you could understand this, but I know it will go into one ear and out the other. To all you loyal Ross customers thank you, and I wish all of you the best shopping experience at any Ross locations.

• Lu
      30th of Jul, 2010

i totally agree with you on this comment.people who don't work in retail should know how hard we work to pick up after they have trashed our store .i justwonder if these customers are as laaaazzzzyand dirtyto pick up after themselves in their own home or go to other peoples houses to visit and do the same thing in their home, guess nooot.please have a little respect, ifyou see something on the floor PLEASE pick it up.those that do THANK YOU VERY MUCH!ever hear of paying it forward, guess some of you don't .one more thing, if you people are in such a bad mood, or are having a bad day, stay home.we don't need your attitude!