Ross / Cattle lanes and can't take carts to car

1170 Old Forge Drive, Roswell, United States Review updated:

I arrived at the Ross store in Alpharetta on Monday, February 9th with a return. I was the only person so I chose the closest roped cattle entrapment and was immediately waited on by a cheerful customer service employee, my receipts says it was 11:40am. I then shopped and found several items to buy. When I reached the front of the store, not being used to these roped cattle ENTRAPMENTS at Ross; I walked into the "return“ entrapment. A very rude employee behind the CS counter asked me if I had a return, I said no. So she said, you need to be over here - pointing to another roped cattle entrapment to my right. There were no other customers in the cattle entrapment where I was, and only one in the other cattle entrapment. There were no cashiers at any of the registers. What difference did it make what roped cattle entrapment I was in? I stood there a few minutes trying to decide what to do, and finally decided to move over to the “purchase” cattle entrapment to shut her up and get rid of her obvious attitude stares. A cashier opened a register and was very, very nice. I checked out according to my receipt at 12:19. Now I proceed to the front door and I can’t get out with my very heavy purchases of pottery and sand items because of that stupid 10 foot rod! I asked very loud – how am I supposed to get out? The same rude woman hollered, the security guard will help you out with your purchases. The security guard came over and asked if I wanted to go get my car and I said no! The traffic in front of that store is crazy and I wasn’t about to park there. He never offered to help take the things out to the car. I took 2 or 3 pieces put them in my truck and went next door to Baby’s R Us and brought one of their carts back to Ross and took the things out of the Ross cart and placed them in the borrowed cart. I told the security guard what I thought about Ross not supplying a cart for customers to take their purchases out in a cart.

Do you not understand you are making your store look like a cheap discount store with your roped off cattle ENTRAPMENTS and denying carts to your customers? When Marshall’s put their cattle entrapments in, that’s when I quit shopping there and I will never go back. Somebody somewhere at Ross has got to have enough sense to stop this. You are treating your customers in a very sub-human manner. As much as people like to bad mouth Wal-mart, at least they don’t use roped cattle entrapments to get their customers to the cashiers and they certainly provide carts or shopping baskets so customers can take their purchases to their vehicle. I DON’T EVER PLAN TO GO TO ANOTHER ROSS STORE AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE UNTIL YOU TAKE OUT THE CATTLE ENTRAPMENTS AND PROVIDE CARTS! I have a store credit of $20.39 – how do I get that back? Very disgusted customer.

Pa
Feb 11, 2015

Comments

• De
      19th of Jan, 2008
    Ross - Under stocked store!
    Apopka
    Florida

When I shop at Ross I usually shop Hunt Club in Apopka. It is never stocked. One time I went three days in a row and there was nothing new out.

• Cr
      6th of Mar, 2008
    Ross - Scam and fraud!
    San Antonio
    Texas

I love Ross clothes and prices but everytime I go to Ross there are always long lines at the registers. Most of the cashiers are not very friendly or apologetic for the long wait.

• Da
      26th of Mar, 2008
    Ross - Check denied!
    Newnan
    Georgia

Wrote a check for $208.00 out of an account that contained more than $ 6, ooo.oo in it. Very embarrassing!!!

• Gl
      3rd of Feb, 2010
    Ross - not received w2-form
    Ross Dress For Less
    6001 Gateway Blvd W #L2
    El Paso
    Phone: (915)779-3173

PEOPLE HERE ARE RUDE!!! I haven't received my W-2 form!!! I really need it & I haven't received anything from these people. Maybe a call or a late notice would be a comfort but till this day nothing has happen.. What the F is going on?

5th of May, 2010

That's not Ross's fault. They use a check verification network just like most stores, and they can't do a single thing about it if your check is denied. There is no override. It just happens.

• Mr
      30th of May, 2011
    Ross - WAITING LINES
    ROSS DRESS FOR LESS
    Victoria
    Phone: 361-485-1585

EVERY TIME I GO INTO THIS STORE THERE IS ONLY ONE CASHIER. NEVER FAILS THE LINES ARE SOOOOOO LONG THAT AT TIMES I HAVE TO WALK OUT. WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT??????????????

• In
      9th of Jun, 2011

Lol. You're going to complain about having to wait? That cashier has something to complain about, having to ring up a line full of people isn't easy on ONE person. Get over it.

• Ly
      23rd of Jul, 2011

Employee shortage had nothing to do with it. Ross doesn't want to spend money on payroll. They're too busy screwing me out of 100+ hours of vacation.

• Re
      11th of Feb, 2015

Hi Grumpy! For somebody that thinks they are so smart, you don't seem to know a lot about stores. There isn't one discount store where I live that has what you so ignorantly call cattle entrapments anyplace other than in the returns area. What do you have against those roped areas anyway, have any of them tried to lasso you or something? Why do you consider the employee that told you had to be in another lane to pay for your merchandise? All she did was tell you that you were in the wrong lane, and there wasn't anything rude about it., all she did was correct your location. A lot of stores have those rods on their shopping carts to avoid having rude customers like you take the carts out to the parking lot and leaving the carts out there instead of taking a few minutes to return the cart to the store. I would be willing to bet you didn't return the cart you borrowed from Baby's R Us. I just have a hunch you are one of those lazy customers. Furthermore, you SHOULD have been able to see when you started shopping that you wouldn't be able to get the cart out of the door when you were done shopping, therefore, you should have limited your purchases to what you could carry. There also isn't anything sub-human about having the roped off areas or not allowing you to take the shopping carts outside. This isn't the web site for the Ross Stores, you are on a general complaint site!

17th of Feb, 2015

redhatterb71 needs to make a complaint about people make complaints on this site that don't belong here and then tell us all what an acceptable complaint is so we will not need to be dressed down by her, LOL.

making*

17th of Feb, 2015

redhatterb71 needs to make a complaint about people making complaints on this site that don't belong here and then tell us all what an acceptable complaint is so we will not need to be dressed down by her, LOL.