Roses Dept Store

Customer service

ROSES DEPT STORE
WEST 65 TH
Cleveland, Ohio
I made my first and last visit to the store. You have the same problem as walmart down in the commons, which is discrimination. I am a 56yr old white female, and have been in retail for 40yrs. You have latino csr's coversing with latino customers, after the sale is finished. When the young man in front of me (White) he bought a toy, girl took money, gave change and turned away, not even putting his puchqse in a bag, or closing the sale. When my turn was next, it was more important to turn her back to me and to find out what happened too price gun #2, and made a phone call over the speakers, and waited for a reply. Is this customer service to you? Not anywhere i've been employed at. Your shelves are not tidy or organized. Dollies of merchandize cutting of isles, where is your management, or supervisors? I applied at this store and was evidently turned down. Maybe you like this cluster disorganization. You as a company should remember that it is all customers that pay your pay check. My name is pauline pobertson, and can be reached at 216-403-1792. I would appreciate some sort of reply, or just add you to the list of stores that do not my bussiness!
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees

Comments

N  20th of Nov, 2012 by    -1 Votes
So now you are complaining about the condition of the store and the employees. Why would you have applied at such a place?
N  20th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
My gosh you have messycans in Cleveland? When did that start?
D  14th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I went to Ashland VA Roses and I experienced by far the worst customer service I ever had. When we go to cash out the lady had a attitude. We leave and go back and another breaks nasty with us because we ask for assistance on a dinner set. She says " just go to the back and find someone " with a attitude. Both employees acted as if they didn't want to be bothered with. I feel that I'm giving you guys im money so I would like some good customer service. If your employees don't like their jobs then they should find new ones. We asked for a dinner set off of display and we were told we couldn't get it with a attitude. I don't mind not being able to get it off of display even tho most allow to get things off display but the attitude was really unnecessary.
D  14th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Ashland roses has by far the worst customer service.. cashier charged my card four times and made a smart remark when it didn't work, your employees act as if they didn't want to be at work or bothered I spend a lot of money in your store in return a little respect is not to much to ask for ill never shop there again
N  21st of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I bought a digital film brand 16GB usb flash drive from the roses on harvard ave in Cleveland ohio. I paid $14.99 for it. It only worked about a week. I have wasted several hours of my time hoping there was some fix I could learn about on the internet. But it appears to simply be defective. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of how it might be possible for strangers to somehow find a way to get my files off it after I return it so they get to keep their money.
N  22nd of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
My name is Tangela Mcmillian and I went in the Roses in Wilson Nc in September 2015 and I purchased my 7 yr old daughter some clothes. Two days later I asked my baby to try them on while she was pulling up her pants.She was complaining that's something was pinching her I thought that it was the plastic tag which it was the needle from the dye alarms.I was so upset so I told her to pull them off and when she got the pants off it had scratched her legs.That made me more furious and when I pulled all her clothes from the bag there was the whole ink alarm in my bag.The very next day I called the Roses store and asked to speak to a manager I explained to them and they ask me to bring the items in because they were too small.And my daughter didn't want to try the rest of her pants on because she thought that it was ink alarms in the other pants.So I went to the store and spoke with the manager and two other employees the manager stated to me that the cashier didn't mean to leave that in my items.On the way in the store walking behind management which they had my bags the alarm goes off and customers began looking right at me which made me more upset.Because I don't steal and shouldn't be made to feel like I do .And I really need this resolved because I felt bad about what happened to me and my child is afraid to try on clothing because this happened.And it should not take this long to resolve anything.If I can't help the Roses corporation I will have to go seek legal action.
N  10th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
I live in Louisville Kentucky. This is the second time this has happened to me. I put a lay a way in. Only to return to get out. But they couldn't find it. It's always the same excuse every time. The cashier's response is always that the lay a way department is so disorganized. If this is true then your store needs to get rid of it!!! This is very irritating!!! Also why does your store have 6 registers. But no matter how crowded your store is you only have 2 registers open??? Your store needs to get it together ASAP!!!
A  15th of Jul, 2016 by    +1 Votes
The Greensboro NC store on 3707 Farmington drive had one cashier in there name Get a that B need her ads whip !!! I was so mad but I didn't want to say nothing because I had my daughter with me and that girl ain't worth going to jail for. That store had ghetto workers and it's junkyard !!! I'm going to complain to upper management about this B !!! She Was disgustingly rude !!! I'm from New York I would have taken her ads completely down if she was in the street. It was her lucky day for real !!!
N  7th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
My husband and I was at the roses on bucholzer Blvd in Akron Ohio 44310 today around noon, while I was looking at curtains some huge black man approached me and asked me if I like jewelry, I said no but he did hook some other lady to go by the pillows to look at what he had. Before we checked out I told a lady that works there about it and she acted like so what, she never went back there to check nor did she tell anybody up front about it. That store I hate like a passion, I'd rather go to the other roses on Arlington street in South Akron they are much nicer there then the one we go to. At the one on bucholzer Blvd they only have one person checking other people out, you have to stand in line for about a half hr to an hr just to pay for your stuff. All your cashers are black and they are so damn slow, or they stand around and talk and ignore you. I will not be shopping there no more, you need to hire people that actually would work. I'm not racist but it is bad when you have cashers that just take their good ole time or they ignore you like your not standing there.
N  24th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
I was an employee for four months my whole expierenced there was just horrible, many workers there were very ignorant and not helpful, I worked very hard and did everything asked of me, however I noticed several employees only dictated to what everyone else should do and those employees did absolutely nothing, nothing, I am infuriated that the manager of store tolerated this, and only because they all worked together at the big K Mart, I got another part time job a ND call every sat nite for my schedule however tonight I called and asked for schedule I was taken totally off due to no availability for Me so I said I guess I won, t return, how can this be a person who works gets taken off schedule and several people who does absolutely nothing stays on schedule, what's the matter with this store, I want some kind of explanation or i, m going to my favorite t, v station to investigate this crap, the store is on mailbar rd palm bay manager John, m not going to let this go, i, m also very upset to see the abuse i have seen to other employees, somebody better answer me or i, m going to blow this up with news stations and Morgan and Morgan this is all totally abuse to certain employees, I know this is florida and all goes but this is just crazy crap, I also want to state that when I got my other part time job I asked the big guy John was this going to be a problem he said no, so wtf, he has worked with other employees in Roses that have part time jobs, the only difference is i, m a new be and they all worked together. ...what's up with this, someone better answer me because i, m not happy, this is totally wrong i, m sure I have some rights...I will find out totally discusting with the way I have been treated, would not recommend this to anyone no wonder turn over is high...maybe you big wigs need to look at why...not letting this go, it's about time someone takes a stand...thano you please reply because you will hear from someone I assure ù
N  24th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
I, m very pissed about what's gone down, will pursue
N  24th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
You need to really investigate this store, and management, I have worked many years in retail 46 years to be exact and this was an experience I have never experienced, I do hope you reply if not I need to go else where this is so wrong in this day and age
N  28th of Oct, 2016 by    0 Votes
Please have someone to clean up the dressing rooms at the Roses in Wilson N.C. The women's is dirty and the carpet is nasty. I don't think anyone ever cleans it!
A  4th of Nov, 2016 by    0 Votes
I didn't know and didn't pay much attention to the small sign that said ( I did not remember seeing if it was there it must have been to small to notice) no refunds on under wear. Just bought two 2 pack bras from Roses thinking I got the right size. Came home and noticed I got the wrong size. Had to work so wasn't able to go back till today. All I wanted to do was exchange to my side. The cashier refused to help and send me out the door saying there is nothing she can do it's store policy. I am very upset, I know I'm not the only one who went through this.
A  11th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
Last week I purchased a foundation garment and when I went through the checkout, I asked the clerk if it was returnable and she said "Certainly". It was too large and I too it back to get a refund and was told I would have to come back the next day when the manager was there. I went back the next day and the manager was extremely rude. He told me they do not accept refunds for undergarments. The tags were still on it and I told him the clerk assured me I could return it. He said he would not do it and I asked if he could at least give me a store voucher and after much arguing he agreed to do that. He told me the policy was posted at the register and showed me. I asked him if he seriously thought a customer was going to stand in line holding people up while they read this long policy. He grabbed it out of my hand and told the clerk to throw it away, it was no good to them. Made me feel like dirt. I purchased a couple of items and they clerk rang them up but refused to give me a receipt. She also kept the receipt for the foundation garment I had returned. If your associates cannot be trusted to tell the public the truth about what is asked, you have a serious problem. If your manager have no more class than to treat a customer like they have dirtied a garment just by trying it on in their home over their own clothes, you have a much more than a problem. You have lost a customer. This happened at your Chatham, Virginia store. Won't shop there again.
D  5th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
Hi my name is Tara from Baton Rouge La. On mother's day just my son purchase a Char broil gas grill from the Baker La store. Your price says $99.00 price as marked. When he made it to the register the cashier charged him a extra $25.00 dollars. He ask why, the cashier stated the $25.00 is for assembling fee. So he went to look if they had any that wasn't assembled and there wasn't any. This put him in a position that he wasn't prepared for financially.
I believe if the sign say price as marked then he shouldn't have to pay any extra. If this how you do business, tacking on prices at the register is false advertising. Sears, Wal mart or Target don't do this. They item are price and sold for the same price at the register unless you are paying for some type of extra insurance.
I would like to why know why your policy isn't posted so customer would be made aware of the price changes on items that is assembled. Upset mom!
N  7th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Very rude place to work management is rude to employees and belittling infront of customers i will never work or shop there again Cumberland md

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree