Rosenberg Orthodontics / blackmailing to get paid

66 Maple AvenueCollinsville, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (860) 693-1919
I have remained silent for too long. It is time to let everyone know of our Our Horrible experience with Rosenberg Orthodontics

We had three children going to Rosenberg at the same time. Needless to say it was my family's largest expenditure since the purchase of our family automobile - $12, 000 over the course of 2 years, or $4, 000 each child.

Other than extremely rude people in the office I have no complaints during the treatment. I don't think Rosenberg was any better or any worse than any other Orthodontist we could have found anywhere else in the Farmington Valley area. The big difference in any doctor is what happens when things go wrong. And thats when our experience with Rosenberg went terribly wrong.

BUT ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? This lecherous doctor and his staff actually told me near the end of the term that THEY WOULD NOT REMOVE THE BRACES FROM MY 3 DAUGHTERS UNTIL THE BALANCE WAS PAID!

That made me so angry! Eventually they removed the braces for my daughters when I threatened to turn them in to the American Board of Orthodontics. I'm not sure what the ABC what do but it seemed to work.

Telling me that they would not remove the braces from a child's mouth until they were fully paid was blackmail. I can't say enough about how low this was...hat made me so angry! Eventually they removed the braces for my daughters when I threatened to turn them in to the American Board of Orthodontics. I'm not sure what the ABC what do but it seemed to work.

considering how similar various doctors in the field of orthdontics are, I would highly recommend finding a doctor for your children who will NOT BLACKMAIL you in order to get you to pay your bill.

After paying this rich doctor 11, 000 of his 12K fee, this blackmail so enraged me I held the final payment back - not permanently but in protest for them blackmailing me.

After letting it go for a little longer than I should have, this doctor and his staff took us to small claims court, and of course they won. I didn't have the money to defend myself, and to be honest in reality I DID owe them that last $1, 000. But now they have ruined my credit for years to come. Over $1000? Not being given the opportunity to pay them back over a longer period was a mistake on their part, but I feel strongly it was in response to my telling them I would report them to American Board of Orthodontics.

With all the fine orthdontists in the Farmington Valley of Connecticut, I highly suggest that you steer clear of this one. If you fall behind ONE PAYMENT to Rosenberg Orthodontists they will hold your child's health hostage until you pay.

To complain about this orthodontist or any other for that matter you can go here. http://www.americanboardortho.com/about/policy/complaints.aspx

You have to complain orally first, then in writing. Its worth it if you have been mistreated.

Comments

Gw
  6th of Mar, 2009
I was "Googleing" Rosenberg Orthodontics - and I was disheartened to see the complaints about them! I have NEVER had any problems with them - nor has anyone that I've spoken with had problems! I'm a PTA member in West HArtford and have MANY connections with parents of children in braces. Most are with Rosenberg - and ALL of them love him! My family cannot say enough good things about him and his entire staff!
Di
  19th of May, 2009
You have had a good experience, but he also threatened me that I needed to pay the final payment before he would remove my daughters braces. I live in Farmington.
I spoke with small claims court and they told me that it was inethical to refuse to remove the braces until the final payment was made.
He is an awful man, who has numerous cases in small claims, which indicates unhappy customers.
Fr
  14th of Jan, 2010
I always receive the best service at Rosenberg Orthodontics. Every time I enter the office I am greeted with a smile followed by a warm and friendly greeting (what a great first impression!). The doctors always answer any of my questions or concerns. They all really make you feel appreciated! What a staff!
Je
  5th of Feb, 2010
Rosenberg Orthodontics is to be AVOIDED at all costs. Dr. Rosenberg is a malicious, rude capitalist. He wants your money and does not care about the quality of the work he is doing.

AVOID ROSENBERG ORTHO.
Do
  23rd of Feb, 2010
Dr. Rosenberg is an exceptional dentist. If you went to 4 years of college followed by 4 years of dental school followed by 3 years in one of the most competitive dental specialty residencies out there, I think you would want to get paid for your services as well. It's a business transaction, he provides services and you pay him. What gives you the right to not pay for the services he provided? People are very ignorant and lack the education and knowledge to see things the way they really are. Do your homework before you badmouth educated hardworking health care providers.
St
  13th of Apr, 2011
These guys are amazing! To answer the first entry...
If you don't pay your bills you will most likely have some problems in life, just a word of advice. But for those of us law abiding citizens who know a contract when we sign one...Dr. Rosenberg and his entire staff are truly great. They really took care of my two girls, and are very generous people. Nothing but compliments.
St
  13th of Apr, 2011
You have to pay when you sign a contract, how come you dont understand? People have to be paid for their services.