Rosa's Home Furniture Store / One of the worst!

1 Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:

Rip Off!! To bring you up to speed, I bought this table and 6 chairs from your store back in June 5, 2007. I also bought a 5 year furniture protection plan with it. Few weeks after the purchase my wife found strap marks on table which insurance company employee (Charlie) found to be related to delivery and told us that table top will be replaced.

Late last month me and my wife were injured by screws coming out of 4 different chairs... which repair technician Dave (from Rosa's) came and fixed. He told us that screws were longer than they needed to be and hence sticking out. (We had to call them at least 5 times and wait for one month to get customer service's attention).

Early this month (Dec 2nd) that table started falling apart, screws started coming out and whole bottom butterfly panel fell down. Fortunately the clamps held it together. It was clear to me that table was not put together properly(see pictures on http://storeripoff.blogspot.com/).

On Dec 3rd I called customer service (Terry who happens to be the manager of the store was extremely rude and I almost had to bg her to get that table out of my house) and they asked us to pick up a new table... This was Monday and I had to take that morning off from work and select a new table. We wanted to resolve the situation quickly as we have a 10 month old child in house who likes to crawl under that table. Plan, when I don't have the furniture?

On Dec 4th they brought in the new table which on delivery was found to be broken as well. The two leaves would not close when the central leaf is taken out... This was another half day off work for me! The customer service told me that they will deliver another table on Saturday Dec 8th, which again was found to be broken as it could not be closed (same problem as the earlier one). Apparently there was some manufacturing defect and none of those tables can close when central leaf is taken out.

Later the sales person at the store told us that that cheap stuff was from Vietnam. Anyway, I asked customer service for money back, which they agreed (after a prolonged hassle) as they were not able to get me a NORMAL functioning table.
However, they gave me only partial refund and still charged me for the original Delivery and assembly charge and also the 5 year furniture protection plan.

Please answer these two questions for me:

1. why should I have to pay for delivery/ASSEMBLY of picture 1 which was not put together well at all and fell apart?
2. Why should I pay for 5 year furniture protection

P.S. When you buy the furniture at Rosa's, ask them where would you get customer service? Its from one corporate office(whom you have to deal with on phone). This is difficult as people who sell you stuff at store will not be able to help you if something happens to your furniture. They will refer you to corporate office and Terry there is of not much help. She is rude and has no people skills... (This was the statement of one of Rosa's sales employee from Sheridan Drive store).

Comments

21st of Jul, 2009

Welcome to Buffalo!!! you find that kind of treatment EVERY WHERE! and Yes people are lacking of customer service skills, I come from Orlando Fl where because of the Tourism there, you get spoil and coming here my experience in stores, offices ect has been very overwhelming.
    And yes I went to the Rosa's Store in Niagara Fall Blvd and the same way I came in I left!, prices to HIGH for poor and cheap quality. I remember they where charging $120 for a small vase made of Poly-resin. :-s ???? Maybe it had gold fibers.

• Sh
      30th of Sep, 2009

I just bought a GE High Efficiency washer from Rosa's. I brought it home and due to the washer itself, I don't think that there is anything technically wrong with it just bad design, it doesn't clean. After trying it for 3 loads, we decided we hate it and want our money back or store credit for a different washer. I was told by Rosa's that because the appliance has been in our home, they will not return it.

I am really mad to say the least. I won't be buying from Rosa's again, nor will I purchase another GE washer!

9th of Feb, 2011

While I think buying furniture these days is a nightmare since everything is cheaply made, I also tend think you sound like a pain in the [censor].

5th of Mar, 2011

I had the worst experience with Rosa's. They didn't want me to cancel my order. When requesting a refund they still charged me a delivery charge for furniture I never received. The customer service is great until something doesnt go their way. I have never been spoken to with such disrespect than by a manager at Rosas. No wonder why the store is going out of business. Their furniture is very over priced. I found the same furniture at Value City for less. I would never buy anything from Rosa. Buyer Beware, they're a complete rip-off.

• Vi
      18th of Apr, 2011

I am soooooooo TIRED of the Rosas Going Out of Business Sale advertising crap that seems to have gone on at least 90 days. It is absurd. Bet they are bringing in inventory just to sell.