Roopa Agarwalunethical behaviour — seeking sexual favors

1 Review updated:

I met lawyer Roopa Agarwal on 4th November 2016 at her office in B-105, Diwani Nyayalya, Lucknow. I paid her Rs 25, 000 as the first installment, out of a total of Rs 55, 000 for the full case. After the second hearing on April 3, 2018, she called me to her chamber. When I went there she asked for a sexual favor. I was aghast and dumbfounded. I told her that I am only 23, and she seems to be well over 45. At least this age difference should have prevented her from making this unreasonable request. She said it was precisely because I was so young that she was asking me for this favor. I refused. She did not attend the third hearing.

Gopal Mathur, Lucknow

Go
Jul 28, 2018

Comments

• De
      Jul 31, 2018

I had a similar experience, Gopal. But there was a small difference. My second installment of Rs 25, 000 was due for payment on January 17, 2018. When I approached Rooopa Agarwal in her cabin B-105, Deewani Nyayalya, Lucknow, around 3 pm to tell her that I was not able to make the payment then and I should get about two-week extension, she called me around 6 pm to her cabin. When I went there at 6 pm, she asked me to wait for an hour, because she needed to talk to me something privately. After two hours of wait, she again attended to me, when everybody seemed to have left. She asked for sexual favor in lieu of granting me two-week extension for payment. To tell you honestly, I obliged.

Deepak Kochhar, Lucknow

• Mi
      Aug 01, 2018

@Deepak Kochhar Thanks, Gopal and Deepak, for sharing your experiences that you had with Roopa Agarwal. Her strategy is first to get a client tied up to her by charging fees, some genuine and some illegal, and then seek sexual favors. Why not make complaints about her to the Bar Council of India, the Chief Justice of India, and the Ministry of Law? Such corrupt and sex-starved people like Roopa Agarwal should be debarred from practicing law. People like her will debase whatever little prestige is left of lawyers.

Milind Goswami, Bhopal

• Mi
      Aug 01, 2018

@Milind Gowami I fully agree with Milind Goswami. I myself have been a victim of this wicked, greedy, and sexually-starved woman Roopa Agarwal. But I prefer not narrating my experience in a public forum.

Raju Kirkire