Roomy Interior / Awful customer service

I'm glad I found this site. I am an unsatisfied customer of Room Interiors, King Street East, Toronto, Ontario. I purchased a very expensive bed from them. It is designed for small spaces so the mattress lifts up for storage underneath the bed.

I complained to them that this bed squeaked a lot. It has the European slat system. I specifically asked them about it when I purchased it. They were positive it did not squeak and would never squeak.

They promised the actual owner of the company who makes the bed would visit me. He/she never contacted me nor came to look. His suggestion by phone to them? Tighten the screws and your bed won't squeak anymore. Didn't work.

Bottom line...once they have your money they don't care whether you are satisfied or not. They make minimal effort to see that you are a satisfied customer.

Now I can tell the world to stay away from this grossly overpriced store specializing in furniture for small spaces. Chances are pretty good they will do nothing if there is anything wrong with your purchase.

Ro

Comments

• Ra
      24th of Aug, 2009

Hello Robin,

I was about to purchase one of their beds (Luna) but decieded to do a search on service and found you. The designers seems nice and they had some nice pieces. Did your issue ever get resolved?

• Je
      5th of Oct, 2009

Wow - I too had an awful experience there. Below is a link to my post. Outrageous! Below is a link to my exprience.

• Ea
      16th of Nov, 2009

I have worked with this company on a number of projects throughout my home and can say that I have have been extremely satisfied with everything. Their customer service is TOPS and their products are well made and priced accordingly.
    I would reccomend this store and their designers to anyone!

• Ea
      16th of Nov, 2009

I strongly disagree with this customer comments. I have used this company for several projects around my home and been nothing but satisfied with everything they have done for me. Their customer service is #1 and I would recomend them to anyone!