RoomsNet / hotel booking

1 robbyedelmann@yahoo.co.ukLondon, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

At the beginning of July 2009 I booked 2 rooms in Spain with Roomsnet.

One day before flying to Spain (end of August 2009) I called the hotel to confirm the reservation and, to my surprise, found out that my reservation had been cancelled by my agent 1 week ago.
I tried to call Roomsnet but, needless to say, Roomsnet was uncontactable on their both lines.

Fortunately my flight was in the evening, so I went to their address indicated on their Voucher.
At 45 Craven Road, London W2 3XB, there is no such company as RoomsNet, but... a "Moore & Co. Pharmacy" (picture number 1).

I spoke to a lady at the counter and explained her my issue. She became very nervous, took my vouchers and went to a shop opposite: Bayswater Medical Centre, 46 Craven Road, London W2 3BX (picture number 2).

There I met a lady, Mandy Walsh, who went out of the basement of the shop. She apologised for the inconvenience and lied to me saying that my booking had been cancelled on 26 August 2009 (in fact it was cancelled on 18 August 2009) and that my money was refunded on that date and I should allow 3 working days for the money to materialise on my account.

When I asked Mandy what connection she had with RoomsNet, she said she was helping them out as a person working for a Medical Centre, but she is an NHS employee.

Today is the 6th working day after that and, needless to say, I received no money from them.

I did go to Spain, had to book another hotel (and expand my budget for this trip) and did not go through the ordeal as others did, who found out about their booking cancellation only after coming to Spain.

When I was in Spain I also went to my original hotel, booked through Roomsnet, and they confirmed, that a middle agency ("SERHS Tourism" - www.serhstourism.com), were not receiving money from Roomsnet. They were sending several emails to Roomsnet prompting them to make the payment, but due to not receiving any, they cancelled my reservation with the hotel. The receptionist from the hotel, after speaking with SERHS Toursim, told me that this kind of action is a frequent practice of Roomsnet and my case was not an isolated one.

Funnily enough, Many Walsh, explained to me that the cancellation was a result of SERHS Tourism's fault.

I also found another website where lots of other people who Roomsnet managed to cheat and steal money from tell their stories:

All in all, Roomsnet did not manage to ruin my holidays, they "only" stole my money and have been consequently lying.

HOW IT WORKS?

Apparently Roomsnet deliberately and methodically cheat people by taking money from them, not transfering them to their intermediary (a Spanish SERHS Tourism, in this instance) and delay in refunding (or not refunding at all).

WHAT I DID?

I found out a website of http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ who are competent in helping out in such cases.
I launched a complain and hope to receive my money.

RoomsNet
RoomsNet

Comments

• Dh
      7th of Sep, 2009

I booked a hotel in Majorca this August, when I contacted the hotel they said there is no such a booking for my name . Then I called roomsnet, they said they are having a techical issues with the payment system, it will take little time to recover. Any way they have refunded my money withing 10 days, which i am not happy about taking ten days, but at least i got my money back. If they are not contactable via their hotlines, the best thing is to send them an email. Thats what I did...

10th of Sep, 2009

Thank you for providing this info, i looked at roomsnets records at Company house and found Ms walsh to have been company secretary and A GP from Bayswater medical to have been a director Dr Silva. I was amazed that they seem to be working from a NHS base. I phoned Ms Walsh and needless to say all of my money has been credited to my account this afternoon, thanks once again for the info you gave it was a great help

• Mi
      14th of Sep, 2009

Agree with Mandy pandy - ? is this a direct hit at Ms Walsh??? You need to keep ringing her at Bayswater medical group and persist. I got refunded swiftly! She does not like being contacted at work!!! What a shame! - - I did not like having my holiday ruined

15th of Sep, 2009

i book with Roomsnet for the past two years. I also had to face the same issue when I turned up at my hotel in Malaga. I paid for the booking for the second time. first to Roomsnet and then again at the hotel. it cost me more than i paid to them. had to manage money carefully because of this. since it was the first time i had an issue with them.. i wrote to help@roomsnet.com asking for an explanation. looks like they had a problem with their system. my refund got delayed by nearly three weeks after chasing via above email. but i finally got it!!! money i paid and the additional as well.

• Sh
      15th of Sep, 2009

Is this a Legit Post- I see "Christine" is from Sri -lanka where roomsnet is based -

18th of Sep, 2009

Shepherdess I agree - see my experience below.

Same experience here - my friends and I paid almost £3000 to them in January. We got to our hotel on the 7 September to be told that they had not paid the hotel and therefore they had cancelled the reservation. We then had to promptly try and get rooms elsewhere and pay again (there were a number of people due to arrive on later flights than us). We spent between us a further £3560.00 on a hotel. Its scandalous they dont answer by phone nor does the webchat work. They do however reply by email very quickly. Whilst I was there I emailed the thiefs and told them to get the money refunded. I got a response almost immediately advising that due to an issue with AMEX there were problems sending payment. I pointed out that we had paid them in January and that this was unnaceptable. They advised we would be refunded within 5-7 working days. Guess what this has not appeared. Today I made contact with the company secretary at her place of work. At an NHS surgery. She advised me that she was no longer attached to them. However she would get them to contact me. Within 20 minutes I received a call from Sri Lanka advising me that the system issues had been resolved and that the money would be refunded within 2 weeks. Time will tell... What they dont know is that I work for a large financial institution. If on my return to work I find out that they bank with us then I will have no qualms in blowing the whistle on what they are up to. I have also reported them to Consumer Direct and to Watchdog. I would urge you all to do the same. If you want to contact this woman at her workplace, please do so. Her name is Amanda Walsh (the director is Dr Silva who is also based there) Bayswater Medical Centre 0844 576 9250.

• Tw
      20th of Oct, 2009

just arrived back from tenerife had booked hotel two nights with roomsnet emailed hotel to confirm booking.Arrived at hotel and had no problems but would be weary to use site again.will use alpharooms next time

• Ju
      5th of Jan, 2010

I have just turned up at the Queen Mary Hotel, Long Beach, to find that the hotel received a cancellation notice from Roomsnet, after I had paid for the full two days back in March 2009. I wish I had read the numerous complaints before I booked. I can't understand why this company is still in operation. I am now in the process of trying to regain all funds paid.

22nd of Feb, 2010
    RoomsNet - No Refund
    Roomsnet
    United Kingdom

I booked and paid in full for Hotel accomodation in Marbella Spain for October 2009. Upon arrival in Spain I was informed by the hotel that the booking had been cancelled but we had not been informed. I contacted the Roomsnet 24 hour help line who said that there had been a mix up and requested I remake the booking with the hotel and that they would refund the money, they were informed that this was not possible as the hotel was fully booked, they then instructed me to book another hotel and they would refund all monies paid. This I did and booked an hotel of similar rating. Since my return I have failed to secure a full refund and they are now ignoring my e-mails. Can you assist please

Regards,

Malcolm Isherwood

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Roomsnet International Special Announcement http://news.roomsnet.com/2010/03/specialannouncement/

Roomsnet International wishes to announce to all our valued members that the problems which led to certain bookings being canceled by some suppliers last year have been resolved. We would like to reassure all our members that all current and future bookings are completely secure and guaranteed. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to some of our members last year. We have resolved over 96% of the cancellations that were disrupted in 2009 due to circumstances beyond our control arising as a result of the severe economic downturn experienced worldwide and are working with our suppliers and credit card companies to resolve the outstanding cases expeditiously...more http://news.roomsnet.com/2010/03/specialannouncement/

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Roomsnet International Special Announcement

We are continuously improving the Roomsnet.com site, features and member services based on your feedback and would like to thank all our members for their long standing support and look forward to serving you again in the future.