Rooms To Go / awful experience

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and were told that we had 30 days try the mattress out and see if we liked it. We chose one specifically because it was soft, but when it was delivered, it felt completely different than the one on the showroom floor. It was as hard as a rock. We went back to the store and talked to the manager about exchanging for a softer mattress. The manager just told us to go home and "walk around on it." We explained to him that we were not happy with it and wanted to find out what our options were. Unfortunately, he continually cut us off and basically told us that we didn't understand how mattresses work. He would not listen to anything we had to say, and kept giving the same speech about how he would lose money if he took the mattress back. He was very condescending, and most of the time would not even look up from the papers he had in his hand. He treated us like we were stupid. When we tried to explain that we were told that we had 30 days, he didn't believe us at all, and said that he was sure that even if the salesman told us that, he would have also told us that it is up to the manager's discretion and would have brought the manager to see us. The part he was "sure was said" never was. We are extremely upset and disappointed with Rooms To Go, especially its complete lack of customer service. We will never shop at their store again, and caution others about doing so. If you do, be ready to accept whatever problems you end up having, because they are not willing to help resolve them.

Es

Comments

Va
  2nd of Oct, 2008

I wish I read all the comments prior to ordering my daughter's first "big girl" furniture. This was an exciting time for all of us until now, 8 weeks later, and still only have half my order!! The warehouse will only deliver to my zip code on Wed, and my husband and I are normal people who have to work during the day! Luckily I have wonderful neighbors who let them in with the first part of my order which was left in the doorway of her room in very heavy boxes!! Now, they tried delivering the bed and left because I didn't answer my cell phone-which by the way has NO voice mails or missed calls-and will not return until NEXT Wed!!! I will never do business with this company again and hope everyone else will read these comments before ordering!! I'm contacting the store to either cancel my order or try to get another delivery date sooner than another week but have been on hold for 15 minutes and now have to wait on a manager to call me back! Good Luck to all of you with the same issues!

Cl
  20th of Jul, 2009

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and were told that we had 30 days try the mattress out and see if we liked it. We chose one specifically because it was soft, but when it was delivered, it felt completely different than the one on the showroom floor. It was as hard as a rock. We went back to the store and talked to the manager about exchanging for a softer mattress. The manager just told us to go home and "walk around on it." We explained to him that we were not happy with it and wanted to find out what our options were. Unfortunately, he continually cut us off and basically told us that we didn't understand how mattresses work. He would not listen to anything we had to say, and kept giving the same speech about how he would lose money if he took the mattress back. He was very condesending, and most of the time would not even look up from the papers he had in his hand. He treated us like we were stupid. When we tried to explain that we were told that we had 30 days, he didn't believe us at all, and said that he was sure that even if the salesman told us that, he would have also told us that it is up to the manager's discretion and would have brought the manager to see us. The part he was "sure was said" never was. We are extremely upset and disappointed with Rooms To Go, especially its complete lack of customer service. We will never shop at their store again, and caution others about doing so. If you do, be ready to accept whatever problems you end up having, because they are not willing to help resolve them.

Ja
  25th of Jul, 2009

I totally agree! We bought a new bed and mattress. The mattress had this brown mold and the new bed was damaged twice. The would not accept the bed back as a return only an exchange. Rooms to Go sells bad furniture and mattresses.

Wc
  14th of May, 2010

I wish i had did some research first before purchasing furniture from Rooms To Go. After they make the sale, customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. They are rude, unprofessional and can not give you answers to anything. We put a down payment on some furniture and when we returned to the store we wanted to make an additional purchase of a dinette set. Even though they had to make 2 deliveries because the coffee table was not in stock, they said we had to pay another delivery charge for the dinette set which was rediculous. We told them we would pick up the dinette set. Then no one knew the address of the place to pick up the dinette set. They finally made the first delivey after a month of the purchase. We are still waiting for the delivery of the coffee table. They said it would be the second week in June. I will never, ever set foot in a rooms to go store, Ever.

17th of Jun, 2010

The rooms to go Frisco store is awful, , we were told manager was working on delivery truck and unavailable ! The salesman lied and then manager was never available for us to talk with.

Customer sevice says ' thats a store issue ' we can`t help you .

Run do not walk from Rooms to go Frisco Tx. ! ! ! ! They suck ! !