[Resolved] Rooms to Gobonded leather failure

I purchased a bonded leather sectional sofa from Rooms to Fo 02/15/2015. November, 2015 I called about the leather on the end recliner cracking and losing it's color. Rooms to Go sent out a gentleman to "repair and assess" the problem. He sanded the spots and spray painted the areas with a can of hideous smelling spray paint. The problem reappeared. I called again last August because the problem reappeared again in same places. I was told it was out of warranty. I informed them I had purchased the bonded leather thee year warranty. She informed me the warranty only covers stains caused by food and beverages. Salesman sure didn't explain that point. Cost $110.00. It is called Force Field Leather Protection. I decided I would just replace the recliner section that is damaged. Called local RTG and was told the unit has been discontinued. Lady suggested I send photos and complain to a website called showusatroomstogo.com. There is no such website. I have obviously been duped again. I knew I should have gone to Havertys but liked RTG style better.

• Resolution statement

• Rooms To Go Customer Care's Response, Mar 29, 2017

Lorita, the email address is [protected]@roomstogo.com this is an email address not a website. Here you can send your pictures along with your concerns. You could also email us at [protected]@roomstogo.com. I hope this helps!

Lo
Jan 30, 2017

Comments

• Vi
      Jun 28, 2017

To whom it may concern:
    I bought 2 leather sofa's from Rooms to Go which are now 3 years old and are peeling terribly. This is unacceptable and I would like to get new sofas or my money back.

•   Aug 11, 2017

@Virginia Heidersberger Virginia; Please email us the details of your order along with these images to [protected]@roomstogo.com. We hope to hear from you soon!

• Ip
      Dec 04, 2018

I bought a sectional living room sofa 2yrs 8month ago. It was a floor furniture. They told me no warranty on it. Since everything was ok, and looks like a pretty good price, i took it. Now it's peeling and it's showing it was not genuine leather. It's like a composite. I called them and they told me cause of the time passed, they can't do a thing... I told em my complaint is not a warranty issue. It is they said it was leather, and it's not. Even when receipt don't ha a description. Headrest are worst than shown in picture. Anything I can do? Any court case resolved with a favorable result ? [protected]@yahoo.com

•   Dec 06, 2018

@IPD76 @ IPD76 please email us photos with a close up view of the peeling area as well an an overall view of the sofa to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com and we'd be happy to look into this for you!

•   Dec 06, 2018

@TellUsRTG @IPD76 please also be sure to also include your order number or the phone number associated with your account. We hope to hear from you soon!

• De
      Dec 27, 2018

I purchased a red "leather" sectional sofa set in 2012 from Rooms to Go. I specifically asked the salesperson if it was made of real leather. He said yes, except for the back of the sofa (I had noted its texture was a bit different). He indicated all of the cushions were leather. Almost a year ago (2017) the sofa cushions started peeling and the pace has recently accelerated to where there are flakes falling into the floor everyday. This seems to be a common theme for furniture purchased during that time period...I guess they call is "bonded" leather but the salesperson didn't indicate that. What options are available to me to get reimbursed or to replace the furniture?

•   Jan 02, 2019

@Decima13 We are truly sorry to learn about the issue you are experiencing with your sofa. If you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email us at [protected]@RoomsToGo.com with your order info. We hope to hear from you soon!

• Me
      Jun 15, 2019

We purchased a "leather" living room set from Rooms to go in Nov. 2014 for our vacation home. We only use the place 4 months/year and this year notice the "leather" is peeling. When I contacted RTG they said they could issue store credit for less that half the original purchase price-and I needed to do it before a 30 day expiration period-I would also need to pay for delivery of the replacement furniture. I see there is a class action lawsuit against RTG for misrepresenting the "leather" furniture. I too purchased an extended 3 year warranty to start after the mfg 1 year warranty-basically I have used this set for less than 20 months-and the loveseat and sofa are crap-the chair is still ok-since no one sits in it-but in order to even receive credit we need to return all 3 pieces-and do it within 30 days! WTH is that-I am not back in our vacation home until 5 months from now. I informed RTG of all of this and have not had a reply...where can I find the Class action Suit-I want to join it...

•   Jun 18, 2019

@meshelly2 We're sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your leather furniture. Please send us your order info to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com and we'd be happy to review this matter further. We hope to hear from you soon!

• Ka
      Jun 23, 2019

We purchased this RTG leather sectional in late 2013 and it has been peeling badly. We were told it was real leather except for the back. We love everything else about this sectional but it looks so bad now and feels scratchy to sit on. I have heard about the class action lawsuit. Is that the only way to get my money back or is RTG issuing refunds? ;

•   Jun 24, 2019

@Karen0812 We're disappointed to learn about the issue you're experiencing with your sofa. Please send us your order info along with the photos and your concerns to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com and we'd be happy to look into this for you. We look forward to hearing from you!

• Si
      Jul 11, 2019

I Bought furniture from RTG several years ago and about a year and a half later it started flaking until it was completely ruined. I was told to send pictures to show us and nothing was done. I was told that it was more than one year but I’ve shown pictures to other furniture stores and they all agree that it was poor quality. I was told it was leather and only the side and back was not leather which shouldn’t be an issue because there wouldn’t be much contact with those areas. After a few years good quality should not be in that condition. Several thousand dollars was spent on something with so poor quality. It was misleading and a total scam to encourage a consumer to buy such garbage. It was well over a year since I’ve contacted show us.

•   Jul 11, 2019

@Sinnedy We are truly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and would love to get more information from you. Can you please email us with your order info and a copy of this review to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com? We hope to hear from you soon.

• Bm
      Jul 20, 2019

I brought what I thought was leather sofa on 05/14/2015 My sofa is peeling so bad, I can not invite family

and friends over to my house. I contacted customer service and they told me to email pictures. I want a new living

set or my money back. I really need for someone to reach out to me about this situation because I am really

getting depressed about situation. My son in law sit on the other end of the sofa and left imprints on his jacket,

he says I have to buy him a new white jacket because he can not get the imprints off of it.

•   Jul 22, 2019

@B McCarroll We are disappointed to hear this, and we'd be happy to look into this situation and help in any way we can. Please send us the order info associated with this purchase to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com. We look forward to hearing from you!