Rooms to Go / awful, awful, awful

US Review updated:

I had moved to a new house and had not yet furnished it completely. First I thought that I should get some carpenter and do it but then decided to order readymade furniture either online or from a local store so one day I was surfing the net for furniture and I found Roomstogo.com very impressive and I really liked some of the pieces. So I ordered and paid through my credit card. I received a confirmation and I was told that it would take around 3 to 4 weeks for the furniture to be delivered. I waited for that long but received nothing. I waited for some more time and I got the furniture. As I was checking my new furniture I saw that the side table and shoe rack that had ordered wasn't there. I was very angry. I called them and they said that they sent it. I told them I did not receive it and I wanted a refund of the amount I paid for the two. They said they were sorry that they could not do that. Then after 2 weeks I got my side table and shoe rack but they were not in the color or shade I had ordered for. I learnt my lesson here that buying stuff online is the stupidest thing to do.

Ma

Comments

•   Apr 17, 2008

I’m very disappointed with Rooms To Go lack of customer service.

On 3/16/2017 we bought some furniture from the store at

707 NW Loop 410, San Antonio. (order# 2064795). On April 11

(three weeks later) they delivered the furniture but they delivered the wrong poles (two right poles for the foot board instead of a right and a left), we lost 4 hrs of work because they didn’t want to call us an hour ahead to let us know the delivery time.

The delivery person told us that Rooms to go will call us to reschedule the delivery of the poles. On 16 April I received a call at work (No one call me to set up a delivery date or time) and told me that the delivery crew was at my house. I asked If they could wait 30 min so I could get at home from work and I was told that they couldn’t do it.

I called customer service I they didn’t help me, also I called the store and the customer service person (male) that answer was very rude and hang up the telephone, when I called again the service person (female) that answer told me that the male person told her that I cursed at him, I was very professional but I guess he knew I was going to complaint so he
    made up the story. I will never buy anything fro rooms to go and I will make sure everyone knows about my nightmare.

•   Jun 09, 2008
    Rooms To Go - the worst quality i've ever seen
    www.roomstogo.com

I bought a Disney bedroom furniture, the dresser came in pieces, all literally. I could not believe that they want to leave in until they bring another. I made them to take it away. It was all inside broken!! My bedroom collection was with a lot of damages, they sent a person for inspection, and was surprised what he did was took a paste like it was a car and painted. You don’t want to see that. The same happened with my dining. You touch it and we have to repair. About the contract that signed, I specifically said that I didn't want any insurance. They told me nooo, that is not going to happen, sign here that you do not want insurance, guess what she mark that I wanted the insurance. Never again I want to know about Rooms to go.

•   Jun 20, 2008
    Rooms To Go - shame on them
    www.roomstogo.com

I purchased an entertainment centre, which was delivered, broken last friday (100$ fee). The delivery person typed in the information, told me i’d receive a call to have a new entertainment centre delivered. Per the cc department, I have to wait 4 weeks after the date of purchase to have my unbroken piece delivered. - (If you argue, they will cut that down by a week - fyi) speaking of argue - the cc rep named sunday was not only rude, but down right nasty... So, let’s recap. Buy furniture june 2nd, and maybe it will be delivered intact june 27th... (Don't forget, I paid 100$ for delivery)... So, after being outraged, I contacted the local store, spoke to the manager - chris, who at least was able to move that date up to june 25th. At least he listened to my concerns, and appeared to be concerned I was a satisfied customer... Shame on you, rooms to go customer service department for your crappy customer service...

•   Jul 08, 2008
    Rooms To Go - terrible quality
    www.roomstogo.com

I purchased a Cindy Crawford dining room set and two additional bar stools WITH an extended warranty. My daughter knocked over a bar stool and it literally shattered into pieces.

Shortly after that, I bumped one of the arms on one of the captain chairs and off it went, I went to move the chair when it happened and THE OTHER ARM FELL OFF!! Seeing how it was fastened together makes me wonder how it ever stayed together. The extended warranty people say that this is not covered!!

Will be going to see the manager in the morning...

•   Jul 08, 2008
    Rooms To Go - not where you want to go
    www.roomstogo.com

My family and I live in Garner, NC (20min. south of Raleigh) and purchased a 7pc dinette and w/ a request of an Express Delivery prior to the 4th of July weekend, we were expecting company. When it was delivered on the 2nd not only was the glass backing to the hutch shattered, the dinette table had a some discoloration, we received the wrong chairs and the one's we received were not stable! I called back to the showrm. for nearly 1/2hr. straight w/ no-one answer! It's just another example of "Take the Money and Run!!!"

• Bo
      Jul 20, 2008

My husband and I bought a seven piece living room set in Lakeland, Florida last xmas for our winter place...all seemed to be going well, they came and delivered the next day as we sat on the new powter blue sofa and love seat, we could feel things poking our arms...my husband also purchased a recliner and the same thing happened to it, we pulled our what looked to be like chicken feathers and animal hair. There was also this griddy feeling beginning to come out on the cushions...this was their micro fiber material...we called and they sent a technition out and he claimed he had never seen that before. So off to Lakeland to see manager...They gave us the choice of getting the same set or reselecting a new set. We decided that we would try something different. As we could feel that the furniture was poorly constructed and made in china...So we selected a chenille, set which consisted of a sofa, loveseat, and recliner...the salesman was going on; and on how we would be so much happier with this furniture...but while we were looking around the show room we decided to feel the other micro fiber sofas and chairs that they had in stock and all had the sandy, griddy feeling to them...they would not do any money back, so we went ahead and scheduled the delivery date for new set...It arrived and to our amazement it was made in Missouri so we were hopeful ...but with only 2 adults in this house and we are not heavy people i found one of my cushions on the love seat ripped in the corner where it had been stitched. We hadnt even had it 2 months and no company or parties. We were just dumb struck, so I called them again and they sent another technition out and he made his report to rooms to go and said it was NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR...So back on the phone again !!! They sent out the 2nd technition who was american and his report stated the same thing and that I declined having him sew the cushion up...I ended up on the phone getting no where with them, and told them this was a lesson learned and to send me 5 cushion covers as I know the other will rip out soon. See we dont live there, its just a winter place for us and It does NOT get rented either. I did receive 5 whole cushions and have figure that $1800 was a total loss. So needless to say I WOULD WARN YOU TO STAY VERY FAR AWAY. This company is making its money and when it can no longer get away with it will dissapear or file bankrupcy or something along these lines. But we work had for our money and we should have done more home work before buying...Please do not use this company...Who knows what was in that stuffing, could have made someone very ill...I know I feel Ill...Thanks

• Al
      Aug 13, 2008
    Rooms To Go - poor quality and service
    5900 Glenwood Avenue
    Raleigh
    North Carolina
    roomstogo.com

We ordered a love seat, couch and bedroom furniture from rooms to go back in june of this year. We have had 4 deliveries total and still not satisfied!

1st delivery: couch, loveseat, dresser and 1 end table were delivered with satisfaction
    The 2nd end table was cracked on the corner and the top of the armoire was split on 1 side with the back panel popped out. The delivery guys were amazed that these items were put on the truck.

2nd delivery: 1 end table delivered satisfactory and again the armoire was broken in numerous places. The delivery guys questioned if the piece was pulled from their "damaged warehouse"

3rd delivery: one again, the armoire was busted in several locations with screws sticking out. By now, we have now bypassed customer support and are working directly with richard whitehead the store manager. He promised that the next delivery will be fine. That each piece will be wrapped and inspected before delivery.

4th delivery: not surprisingly, the fourth piece was damaged again! Customer service called us immediately after then delivery guys left. They said they are not allowed to deliver this piece again.. .4 is the limit. So now it's our fault!!!
    They would be more than happy to send out someone to repair the piece we have. So why in the world would we want to pay for a piece that is damaged!!!

This is still unresolved but I will tell you I will never purchase from them again. The quality is awful. I question if the pieces on the floor are real wood and the pieces received are particle board!

To be continued...

Aug 30, 2008

bought a twin mattress at rooms to go outlet in hialeah, when i lay down i can hear all the wires in the matttress are cracking under me. The mattress itself costs almost two hundreds dollars. i am very disappointed about it i wish I could of have my money back . I hope they could use better material for those mattresses it, s not fair for the consumers, we are living in a very difficult time right two hundreds dollars it's a lot for some whose getting paid per hour.

•   Oct 02, 2008

I wish I read the reviews about Rooms To Go prior to ordering from the store! This has been one big mistake! We bought my daughter's first "big girl" bedroom set from Rooms To Go because it was the least expensive place we found. We were pleased with the sales assoc but were discouraged with the 7 week wait on the furniture. Then, we found out they will only deliver to my zip code on Wed. Well, we are normal people who both have to work during the day. Luckily I have wonderful neighbors who agreed to let them in. Half of my order was delivered 8 weeks later (not 7 like promised) and left in very heavy boxes in the doorway of my 4 yr old's room! The bed was supposed to be delivered the following Wed, but after one attempt to call my cell phone- which never went through- the truck left my house and said they couldn't come back to my "zip code" until the following Wed making it a total of 10 weeks to receive her bed! After telling everyone at work not to ever use Rooms To Go, 2 ladies here said they each had the same problem! Rooms To Go needs to get their act together, hire a new delivery company, and get more stock before building these new stores!!!

•   Oct 07, 2008
    Rooms To Go - awful company
    roomstogo.com

I ordered furniture that was too large for the space intended. I called back immediately to return furniture, rooms to go said no. Mind you I had already paid 100 dollar delivery fee. The manager David Dunn said to me and I quote "It's not our problem that you ordered the wrong furniture... you signed for it so it's yours... I'll cut you a deal you pay half ($50) for the new delivery and the store will pay the other half. I agreed. The new purchase was delivered apprx. 1 week later. I signed for the new purchase and an invoice for the furniture being taken away. I get a letter from them charging me an additional 111.00 for a piece of furniture that was supposedly not returned. I called David Dunn and his interpersonal skills were absolutely horrid. He literally called me a thief and promised that this matter would be sent to collections. Never could an underpaid overworked delivery person actually steal something without thinking of the consequences. Not in America God forbid!!! I will not pay for something I do not posses nor will I ever consider shopping @ RTG again!!!

•   Oct 07, 2008
    Rooms To Go - terrible experience
    roomstogo.com

I purchased a dining room set in Aug.08. The china cabinet has been delivered damaged 3 times. The delivery men scratched my wood floors, knocked into walls and other furniture in my home. The last delivery was so bad and the men were so rude that I had to ask them to leave my home. I was then called by Customer service and told that I had to store the damaged furniture in my home until they could replace it. My next delivery is this week, I am not very optimistic.

I will not shop at Rooms 2 Go again.

•   Oct 09, 2008
    Rooms To Go - awful customer service
    roomstogo.com

Customer service should be renamed as Delivery Scheduler, it's appropriate that's all they can do for us, that's all they did to us. For other requests the answer was "talk or call the driver" or "the driver will call you" or "call your local store, maybe they can help you" and my favorite alibi from them "we're located in Florida so we don't have any control of what the driver schedules will be that day of delivery since we're not in your state" (translation:we don't have time for you, hang up your phone Now!)

•   Oct 21, 2008
    Rooms To Go - terrible quality products
    roomstogo.com

I called Rooms to Go to return a sofa that has been replaced for a second time and the second couch has the same defect (defective fabric). The customer service representative told me that RTG does not have a return policy after 48 hours of the purchase date. The RTG web site clearly says that you may return merchandise for an 80% refund after 48 hours.

Is there anyone out there who has actually returned anything to RTG? I am getting the run around even though their web site clearly states that you can. It just seems that no one at RTG can explain how this is actually done, which is just another way of avoiding returned merchandise.

The sofa fabric is terrible fabric. The stitching is substandard with irregular stitching everywhere and the fabric dye is already starting to splotch after just a few days.

•   Oct 28, 2008
    Rooms To Go - bad service

Incident:

I purchased a pair of couches. After about a while I felt something move back. I realized a piece of wood from the frame was coming loose, so I ripped off the back of the couch fabric to fix, and I saw what a horrible mess the construction was. None of the wood was put on right. It completely fell apart on one side and was hanging on by a thread on the other. These couches have been used by a single female. Nothing crazy, no kids. There has been minimum wear and usage.

Damage Resulting:

I am going to have to completely throw out the couch. It can't be fixed because even if I wanted to put real screws in instead of the cheap bended metal they used, I cant because the gnarled metal is covering the wood and a screw can't go through it. I am out $1300. These couches are only a couple years old at this point. I just paid them off and now I have to throw them out.

Nov 18, 2008
    Rooms To Go - horrible furniture store

Rooms To Go is one horrible place to buy furniture from. I made the mistake of buying a breakfast table from them in back in September 2nd, 2017. The table came without any attachment fixture for attaching the base to the bottom. They have send in people a total of 3 times to fix the problem but when technicians show up they are without the proper fixture or parts to correct the problem. So, at this point, the table top weighing at least 150 lbs is sitting on the top without any attachment.

Conclusion, ROOMS TO GO is the WORST place for anyone to buy anything and NEVER GO THERE TO BUY ANYTHING.

• Co
      Apr 02, 2009
    Rooms To Go - poor service, rude reps and managers
    19250 Gulf Freeway
    Friendswood
    roomstogo.com

This store has the worst sales associates, asst. Manager, and store manager! No one cares about the customer. They basically want to steal your money. I bought a bedroom set, they delivered the wrong one, and then tried to tell me it was my fault. I argued with the sales associate for being stupid, argued with the asst. Manager for not caring how his customers are treated. And I would have argued with the store manager, but he doesn't return phone calls and is never in the office. I do not reccoment this store to anyone, they have the worst worst worst customer assistance. I finally got help when I called the customer service 800 number... But evern when I called the 800 number I had to go through three people to get someone to listen. I have since filled a formal complaint, and I am making it my priorty to find every single online customer compaint sight.

Learn from my mistake, do not shop at this store... They lie, they don't care, they don't help, and basically they try to steal your money.

• Ty
      Apr 21, 2009
    Rooms To Go - broken furniture
    18722 So Dixie Hwy
    Miami
    Florida
    roomstogo.com

The furniture was delivered 2 months late. One piece never showed so we had to pay more for another piece. We had a house warming without our furniture. The customer service lady was extremely rude. The lady who answered my calls gave me no satisfaction and when I asked for a supervisor, she said she was the supervisor. I told her I needed to report a rude employee who had just spoken to my wife and she said she was also a supervisor. She then said a higher supervisor(they must all be supervisors) would call me back. They never did. Our bed split in half 18 days after the warranty. We were sitting on it watching TV. They said it was our fault even though the repair man said it split cleanly and showed no signs of misuse. They offered no help only, oh well, to bad. I spent over $7, 000 and they offered nothing to satisfy me, not even a discount to replace the flawed furniture.

• St
      Aug 30, 2009
    Rooms To Go - cheaters
    roomstogo.com

I was told interest would only accrue on my unpaid balance after 12 months and have found out this is not the case.I think lying to consumers to get a sale is totally wrong and something should be done about this.Trust is something I will never use in the phrase "Rooms to Go.If you make this right I can forget being ticked off but even then I do not think I will ever go back and honestly I can not recommend you my family and friends.You should only hire people with high integrity. I would appreciate feedback.

• Pe
      Sep 04, 2009

Take that up with the financing company...not Rooms to Go...

• Ro
      Sep 27, 2009
    Rooms To Go - simply terrible
    roomstogo.com

I recently purchased a sofa from the local RTG Showroom and paid for it on my debit card.The sales assoc. was very helpful and raved about their commitment to customer satisfaction. Thats the Good. Now for the Bad, The sofa was delivered over an hour late in the rain, the delivery guys at first could not put the sections together properly and told me that a service person would have to come to make repairs.While I was on the phone trying to contact RTG customer service (all I got was a recording due to the late delivery)the delivery person came and told me that he had been doing it wrong and that it was OK. It looked ok so I accepted the sofa. After they left We proceeded to clean up the mess and water tracked in by the delivery guys we noticed two scratches in the floor as it started to dry. This is where it gets Ugly!

After trying to get the scratches out with polish I sit on the sofa and find that the sections are not put together correctly after all and the delivery guy had lied about the installation.The next day I phoned RTG service and told them about the sofa being broken and the scratched floor.They were not very helpful, They stated that, #1 A service person would take over two weeks to come to look at the sofa. #2 That deliveries were made by contractors and they would have to be the ones to do any thing about the floor dammage. #3 They would bring a new sofa in a week and send information on filing a claim to get my floor repaired.Today one week later, the day the new sofa was to be delivered I phoned RTG service that informed me that the exchange had not been scheduled but the would schedule it for next week. This was the last load of ____ I wanted to hear from them. I have requested that they pick up this sofa. refund my money and repair my floor.Their reply was that it will be another week before the pick up and at least 7-10 days before a refund can be issued, and the repair of the floor scratches were up to the delivery contractor.

They have no way other than e-mail to contact this contractor and they would have contractor contact us. So as I write this, I sit on a broken sofa. I stare at a scratched floor.I wait for a refund to purchase a new sofa.

• Du
      Oct 27, 2009
    Rooms To Go - employees
    San Antonio
    Texas

I recently went to Rooms to Go to purchase a mattress. I was told that if I got the paperwork done by 2pm that day, I could have my mattress delivered the next day(Saturday). They were not able to give me a specific delivery time, only 8am to 10pm. I told the salesperson I would not be available to accept delivery. I told her I would be available on the following Tuesday though. She said she would have to check the delivery schedule. She returned and told me the soonest delivery date would be November 3rd (the date of this occurrence was October 23rd). I continued to look at the various mattresses, then left the store to check another place. I called Rooms to Go about an hour later to make an inquiry about picking up the mattress. I explained to the person who answered the phone that I was at their location about an hour earlier and told her the story and asked if I picked up the mattress could it be sooner than November 3rd. The girl/lady/woman said, "Sure you can pick it up (long pause)...if you feel like driving to the warehouse(another long pause)...in Arlington...chuckle." The store visited and my residence is in San Antonio. I later looked at the ad which states "Next Day Delivery...if paperwork done by 2pm." It was beyond me why the mattress could be delivered the next day, but not two days later. I wondered if I returned on Monday if it could be delivered the next day. But, with the attitude of the representative on the phone and the ridiculousness of the delivery I went with another company. I will have to wait seven days, but the representatives and shopping experience makes the wait and slightly higher price very much worth it.

Dec 02, 2009

me either!

• Fa
      Dec 22, 2009

I recently purchased furniture to have it delivered without the side rails and foot board that should have come with the bedroom set. (Joe) our sales rep forgot to add it to the package! Duh! now we have no way of putting the mattress on the bed. my fiance kids are coming to town with no bed for them to sleep in! despite ours efforts to shop early to make sure the kids were covered, rooms to go killed all of that. not only did they do nothing to satisfy us, they could not deliver the raiLS and foot board until 12/30/09. TO LATE! kids leave on the 26th. sooooooooooooo! we told them to come pick up there ###!!! guess what they can not pick that up until 12/30/09. on top of that we used our debit card where the money went to them that day, they are telling us when they receive the furniture, we will get a check in the mail 7 to 10 buisness day after that! what kind of buisness are they running? i will never spend another penny in that store!!! I hope that consumers realize that this place needs to go out of buisness! there are way more fine furniture stores that would love to have the consumers buisness that offer top of the line cutomer service. who are willing to make a mistake right so that the consumer will go back. I WILL NEVER SET A FOOT IN THAT STORE! EVER NEVER!

• Dj
      Feb 23, 2010
    Rooms To Go - sale on item during delivery
    Miami
    Florida
    roomstogo.com

I ordered a sleeper sofa online 2/2/10 with delivery 2/20/10. Delivery came and I asked about the sale going on with $100. off. They said to call the phone number on my original order. I did. The gentleman said "No you cannot receive the coupon sale because I ordered the sofa on the 2nd. The special was over 2/21/10 ...Delivery on the 20th. I have ordered from Rooms to Go for 15 years; never received a sale. The $100 should be Customer appreciation ???

• Ho
      Feb 24, 2010
    Rooms To Go - poor quality - no warranty honored
    Rooms To Go

A complete waste of money to buy anything at rooms to go. I have had furniture less than 3 years in the dining room and less than 1 year in the living room and it is falling apart, and not from anything other than "normal wear". It is just cheap crap. The cardboard is falling out of the sofa. Does that tell you anything??

Plus they will not honor the warranty because apparently this is normal. Not in my book!!

• Ls
      Mar 02, 2010
    Rooms To Go - poor quality and terrible service
    Rooms To Go

In April 2017 I purchased a kitchen set (table and 8 chairs) and a kids bedroom set. I should have known when the sales rep lied to me about some special pricing that I should shop elsewhere. But instead I bought online. When it was finally delivered, the table only had 3 legs! This was a few days before Easter and I had company from out of state coming. Even though it was their fault, it took a week to get the leg delivered. We were the LAST person on their route, totally messed up the weekend. The bedroom set had a cracked knob, which I did not discover til after all this. Then the chair to the table broke - the beam between 2 of the legs just snapped. I DID have my foot on it, but not standing on it or anything. Just resting it while I leaned down to help my daughter with her homework. I did not even realize my foot was on there - I guess it is just habit. I am sure this is fairly normal wear and tear. I can understand if there was signicant weight applied but there was not. I scheduled a repair, which 2 weeks to get a Saturday appt. On the morning of, we got a call that the repairman was sick and I needed to call back Monday to reschedule. Then it was ANOTHER 2 weeks to get a Saturday again. They sent a guy who, not to be mean, was just plain scary and dirty. BUT he did work for a long time on it. He glued the leg together and of course within a month it broke again. I tried the online support, which they just told me to call in. Then they said it was owner abuse and they would nt fix it. My OLD table and chairs, which was dirt cheap and lasted 13 years, was much better quality! Plus my kids were younger and harder on furniture then. WOW. I will NEVER purchase anything from this company again. Buyer beware!!!

• Ol
      May 13, 2010
    Rooms To Go - rude employee and uknown charges
    Rooms To Go

I have spent up to $10, 000 in the last 1 1/2 years. Although I have been dissatisfied with them, (movers scratched walls) I was charged $200 for starch guard protection that I did not ask for. The last straw was: I bought a $45 lamp, cash and asked I was asked for, ID. I did not think ID was necessary when using cash.I was told unless I give ID no purchase can be made. The sales person put the info into the computer, then I had to go to another part of the store to pay the Cashier, I then had to drive around to the Customer Pick-Up, met by a Security Officer also wanted to see my ID, then allowed to go into CPU again asked for ID, then told to drive to loading dock 106. I sat there 15 minutes, security said I was at the wrong dock, go to dock 109, then waited 10 minutes I returned to CPU they were rude, went back to dock 109 and again asked for ID. It took 45 min. to get a lamp. I complaine to Store manager Corine she only said sorry. I have a $1, 7000 to be picked up she said this would take 2 to 3 hours for pick-up No thanks. I cancelled my purchas0e the manager should have said "what can I do to make you a happy" but no, she did say she was off duty and had to go.

Jun 17, 2010

Rooms to go, especially in Frisco Texas is awful. Go elsewhere

Jun 17, 2010

Rooms to Go is awful and they know it ! Run do not walk from ' rooms to problems '...especially Frisco Tx...run ! !

• 15
      Oct 11, 2010
    Rooms To Go - don't buy from them
    Rooms To Go

I purchased a massage chair from Rooms to Go at the end of July. When they delivered it to my residence, they forgot the power cord. They informed me of their mistake and promised that a power cord would arrive in a few days. The power cord never came.

I called their customer service center, and after 20 minutes on hold, ordered a power cord. A cord arrived; however, it was not the cord to my chair. I called a second time, and the entire process was repeated. I called a third time. They informed me that they did not really know which cord goes to my chair and they want to replace my chair.

They called today (September 22) to schedule the delivery of a replacement. The first available date they had is October 9. When I complained to a corporate manager, she acted like I was being unreasonable for expecting the proper power cord in a timely manner. She offered me nothing but a canned apology.

I paid 700 dollars to be jerked around for 2.5 months. Don't buy from Rooms to Go.

• So
      Jan 12, 2011
    Rooms To Go - go take your money elsewhere
    Rooms To Go

My wife and I bought a living room set two years ago and we had a good salesman and a decent deliver experience. However, we decided to buy a new bedroom set from rooms to go earlier this month and it has been a complete nightmare.

The delivery ###s, yes ###s that delivered the bedroom furniture the first time scratched the footboard because their lack of care putting the box springs down and the headboard was broken. We accepted the furniture and I called to have the broken items replaced. I should also mention that their store is in Nashville, TN. And we live in Clarksville, TN. About a one hour drive.

I reschedule to have new furniture delivered, but rooms to go refuses to deliver to my city on the weekends. Only Tuesday's and Thursday's. So, they delivered the new head and footboard the next week, however the headboard was still broken. This is now their second attempt. So, we play this game two more times for a total of 3 tries and every time we receive broken merchandise!! After numerous calls to customer service and a few smart-*** "managers" giving me the run around, they say they will "compensate" me for my time. I have lost 13 hours of work time waiting at home for a couple of clowns to deliver broken furniture, which translates into just over $400 of money lost because I was not at work! The best rooms to go would do for me: a $75 store credit. I told them to credit it toward my bill instead of store credit. I wasn't going to spend 75 cents in their store.

What an absolute hassle and complete waist of time for my wife and I. We both work and don't have time for these games. To say that their delivery personnel are unprofessional is an extreme understatement. The customer service is just lip service and makes you want to reach through the phone and slap someone. I will be writing a letter to their corporate office next week, but I don't expect anything worthwhile in return. I'm also calling the local store tomorrow to talk with our salesman to notify him that we will never buy anything from rooms to go again. We were planning to buy more furniture from them next year, but not anymore.

Save your money and support another store.

• Be
      Feb 14, 2011
    Rooms To Go - not pleased with them
    Rooms To Go

Unfortunately there are several people that just want something for free or just want to complain, but there are many people that just want what we pay for. My husband and I purchased a sectional in Sept. I noticed that the couch wasn't looking as firm and full as the couch on the showroom floor, plus some of the stitching has popped in half and come unthread. I called and they sent a service tech to come look at the couch and possibly repair it and stuff sections of it. He didn't sit on the couch, feel the couch...he simply stood in our living room for a total of five minutes. He informed us he couldn't repair it so he would send his notes to customer service. I received a phone call from customer service informing me that per the service tech's notes the couch is at "standard" with just "normal wear and tear", and that the stitching being popped was "customer error" due to being rubbed along something. I was very displeased with both statements. When I purchase a couch, I would like for the couch to look like it's only five months old, not fifteen. Plus, don't tell me it was "customer error" when he didn't even take pictures of it. If it was dragged along something, wouldn't there be damage next to the stitching? Of course the service tech failed to mention that. I don't even have to have the couch replaced, but at least replace any bad foam or add some stuffing and fix the stitching. I don't feel this is too much to ask. This is the last purchase I will make with Rooms To Go after four years of furniture buying unless they make it right. Some friends purchased a couch from Haverty's with the same issues, and the service tech from Haverty's took pictures, and they admitted to it having bad foam and are replacing it. It seems to me that is how customer service should be.

• Do
      Feb 17, 2011
    Rooms To Go - liars
    Rooms To Go

I called the morning after we purchased the furniture and told them I did not want the protrctive spray( the salesman never mentioned the price)also had thenwrong contract set up for me. He rushed us out of the store. He daid he would take care of it. I waited and waited and no response. I called back and spoke to the store manager and he said he would take care of the problem. No response again, I called again and spoke to another store manager and the same lie. They never did anything about the issue.

I am stuck with a $65.00 payment that I did not want at this time. I told all the employees at my office and 50 salesman so they do not get ripped off like I did.

I will never buy from them again.

• De
      Feb 23, 2011
    Rooms To Go - not what they appear
    Rooms To Go

Employee's ... customers...Vendors... competitors... beware of the under handed and criminal workings of this company. They are not what they appear and they are only out for one thing. What is that??? Well Power... greed.. and to keep their employee's under surveillance and fear. Union is their biggest fear and they are doing a lot to keep it out.. and I do not mean legally. Big corporate RTG will never be investigated by the FBI or anyone due to their power and their money... they give large amounts of money to all elections in this country and expect favors from that and recieve them. Just a short note this time I will return with more.

• Tf
      Mar 17, 2011
    Rooms To Go - support
    ROOMS TO GO
    Austin
    Texas

My husband and I purchased $6, 000 of furniture from rooms to go in austin. The delivery men showed up promptly and we were delighted with the furniture until we realized that we could not set up our bed because the three supports for the bunkie boards/mattress had not been delivered. The delivery men, who were very nice, explained that these may be an item that were supposed to be ordered separately. Long story short, I spent all day on the phone talking to delivery, customer service, store assistant manager and manager who would not resolve the problem. They wanted to bring out the necessary supports several days later, which did not help us as we had nowhere else to sleep at that time. We had to buy a $50 sheet of plywood to put down for a support.

The next week a representative called and tried to schedule delivery of the slats. My husband told her not to bother and to have no one come to our home. Today, a month later, I get a call from a delivery tech who states he is supposed to be at my house today. Are you kidding me?? Very poor service, won't purchase anything else from them.

Buyer beware!!

Mar 17, 2011

I’m really sorry to hear about the issues with your purchase, and bed set up. If you can email us your order details at [protected]@roomstogo.com, we would like to look further into your concerns.

• Vl
      May 04, 2011
    Rooms To Go - product came damaged with no returns
    Houston
    Texas

I recieved a new dining set from "Rooms to Go" furniture company today. After a 10 day wait for it to finally be delivered, I noticed that one of the chairs was damaged right out of the box! Unfortunenately, I noticed the crack in the chair about 2 minutes after the delivery men left. I called the store and let them know that the chair was damaged. They gave me a 800 number to call b/c they obviously "don't handle that from the store". I called the number they gave me and they said that they could get me a new chair in 8 days!!! I told them that that wasn't acceptable and they responded "call the store that you purchased it from!" Well, I called the store back and they said "there isn't a manager here now and he would have to call me back. 4 hours later, I decided to call them back when I hadn't recieved a call from the manager. They put me on hold and then I spoke with a lady (who wasn't the manger) and she informed me that she would have to call me back. Well, 5 hours later she calls me and says "NO RETURNS!" This company is a digrace to all furniture companies. I spent my entire day waiting to hear from Room To Go only to hear "Sorry, can't help you"! Well, I hope in the future that anyone who may want to buy furniture will not consider this company. Rooms to go doesn't care about anything but the sale and once you got it..it's yours whether you like it or not!! I hope the person who is came up with this policy encounters this same treatment every where they may go!!!

May 04, 2011

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your recent delivery. If you can email us your order details at [protected]@roomstogo.com, we can then look further into your concerns.

• Je
      Apr 03, 2012

We had the same problem with a couch we bought-- seemed like the foam was failing 1 month after using it- They sent a repairman out- he restuffed it-- another month same problem- This time he said something like furniture don;t last forever--REALLY- I don't think it should break down in 3 months. I showed him my 8 year old lazy boy recliner and he said see it's breaking down too--- It still looks good and is comfortable but it's 8 years old-- Poor quality with RTG furniture- Don't last for the warranty...

• Ve
      Oct 13, 2012
    Rooms To Go - terrible costumer service and they do not honor their warrenty
    Rolesville
    North Carolina

We purchased a living room set, less than 6 months ago. We also purchase the added fabric protection And extended warranty !!! We also got the furniture with removable slipcovers, so they could be washed easily. The slip covers got food and drink stains on them- which is supposed to be covered under the warranty !!!~!! I called, in 4 months after getting the furniture and customer service told me that, where we live, they only provide a technician in our area on a Wednesday between the hours of 8-5. I said that I work on Wed., and that I did not get home until 3:30-4 O clock. They told me that they would call an hour before arrival, to make sure I was home. They called me at 10:00 in the morning to tell me they were at my house!!! I told them I was working. I called customer service again to tell them what took place, and they told me that I should try and be home next time. I told her I worked and again, the times I was available- she proceeded to be rude to me.I asked to speak to upper management, which they then forwarded me to them. Upon, speaking to them, I asked them to have someone come on a Friday- that I was off from work., and they said that is not possible. She then suggested I stay home from work to be able to meet the tech !!! After a few more rude conversations with customer service, and 2 months later- they sent a tech- low and behold on a Friday !!! Tech, arrives - looks at the furniture, stated that there was a lot of food and drink stains. He then tells me that, someone will contact me!! No one contacted me, I had to call them- yet again for any kind of communication. When I called in again- she proceeds to tell me that the tech, wrote that the furniture had food and drink stains, but there was too many for him to do, and it needed to be professionally cleaned on MY DIME !!! So not only did no one contact me back, we purchased all the extra warranties and fabric protection, but they are not going to do anything !!! So please tell me the reason I paid for all of the extra things- and she said "to cover food and drink stains" !!! That is why they were called in the first place and that is exactly what I have !!! This company has been the worst company to deal with, they do not stand behind their products, nor there warranties!!! They have terribly rude customer service people, with no regard to any one's needs or concerns. I advise prospective customers of Rooms To Go, to rethink there purchase, and DO NOT DO IT !!! Between poor quality furniture and warranties that are not upheld, in which you paid additional fees for, there people are rude and very disrespectful to the very people that have purchase there products !! There is no sense of responsibility to the customer and CLEARLY, they do not stand behind the added cost that a customer has purchased for added protection to their furniture.BUYERS BEWARE !!!