Rooms Made Easy / Terrible company

We went into the store and ordered 10 chairs. First they never came anywhere near the date that was told to us they would arrive. When we finally got them the chairs looked like "seconds". They were scratched and the paint was 2 different colors on black. When we told them we didn't want them they gave us a run around telling us things like well they are antiqued or distressed type chairs. We were never told that when we ordered them and were completely surprised. We then were told they wouldn't replace them so I went to the mall office where the store is located and made a complaint. Then I got a call they would replace the chairs. Now, the store manager won't call us back and she won't answer the phone. So, we talked to somebody else at the store and he told us we could order different chairs, but it will take a month and a half for us to get them. Don't do business with this furniture store is my recommendation.

Te

Comments

• Rm
      1st of Aug, 2009

I know the owners of Rooms Made Easy, and he familiarized me with the situation. The chairs ordered were distressed as they were supposed to be. Rooms Made Easy replaced the chairs at no additional charge. Keep in mind no other company would have done this.

• Ho
      5th of Aug, 2009

rme4ever

Rooms Made Easy 4 Ever hmm sounds like you work 4 them lol

• Pl
      21st of Sep, 2009

sorry but i have bought many items from this store and they were always friendly and very kind and took the time to set up my bed and even hauled my old one away for me i will be buying from them again

• Ro
      28th of Oct, 2009

and these people claim to be to be christians. no wonder nobody goes to church. same response no company would have done what these true christian people would have done..

• La
      31st of Jan, 2010

Teresa, I was going to purchase a living room set from them but I think I will take my business somewhere else. Thanks for the heads up.

• Do
      20th of Mar, 2010

This place is a joke. I ordered a bedroom set on Jan. 26, 2010. I was told it would take 2 weeks for it to arrive unless it was on back order which would take 3 weeks. The lady who helped us said if it was on back order she would call us and let us know, if we did not get a call then that meant everything was copacetic it should be delivered in 2 weeks. Well, 3 1/2 weeks later, after no call from the store, we called and amazingly enough it had arrived that same day. Ok, that's fine no problem...yet. On the day it was to be delivered to our house they called an hour before delivery time to let us know the they had ordered the wrong stuff. Really! We had already given away our old furniture and now had nothing. They did have our bed in, but they did not have the dresser or chest. Okay at least we don't have to sleep on the floor...yet. They said everything else would be in the following week. Now here we are five weeks later and still nothing. We have tried to contact the owner several times, never receiving a call back until 3 days ago. She didn't even know of the situation. Imagine that. And yep that's right, the other items still aren't in. They will be nice enough to come pick up the bed and issue a full refund (which takes 5 to 10 business days, understandable that's how credits work), however they will issue the credit after they pick up the bed, which now leaves us with having to sleep on the floor until the credit is in our account and we can purchase a new one from somewhere else.
    Great job Rooms Made Easy. You think highly of your customers money not the customer themselves.

• To
      29th of Mar, 2010

To bad you didn't have recording's of the phone calls and times you went in and spoke to them it would be great Wouldnt it? I myself record everything and save it to my computer and have done so for years that way if anyone trys to wrong me I have what I need to protect myself . As I was told one time Buisness is Buisness and friendship is friendship.

21st of Apr, 2010

As a former employee of this store let me say run as fast as you can by this store they take your money and you may recieve your funiture in two or more months, the owner rarely returns complaint calls because she doesn't like confrontation. They take floor models and then tell the custormer it just came out of the box, as for the proffesionol scothchgaurd you got on your funiture it came from Wal-Mart in the form of a five dollar can. They touch up dings and dents with a sharpie. They also will lie to your face to make themselves not look bad, so once again run do not walk by this store.

• Si
      20th of Sep, 2010

I wish I had read your complaint before I made the purchase. Following is my experience (of course, terrible):

This is the WORST company I have dealt with. I ordered a simple Ashley sofa and chair more than a month back now. I was told 2-3 weeks for the delivery and I don't see it coming in any near future. I called the store a few times, it always went on Answering Machine (during business hours) and received no call back. Whenever, I went there personally the manager was nowhere to be found and I was told to "come tomorrow". Finally the guy writes down my cell phone number promising the manager would call me whenever she gets in, but this is now the third day and NO call yet. If you do not want to go through the pain please DO NOT BUY AT ROOMS MADE EASY. Ashley had the same rates but I was stupid to buy here because the delivery charge was $25 cheaper, my mistake, but listen to me never even step into this store.

I wish there was a way to yell loud and tell the entire world not to go to this store.

• Ka
      27th of Sep, 2010

well its not there any more and if you didnt get your furniture or money back then your in the same boat as i am good luck all!

• Kr
      27th of Sep, 2010

I as well had the WORST busisness with this lady! I order a Ashley tables on Aug 18 and was told it was going to be delieved 6 times!!! I paid mostly in cash, (i know dumb on my part) but when i asked for my refund all they told me was they could put it back on my card. I didn't want it that way because I didn't pay that way. So finally on Tuesday Sept 21, I finally had enough and told her to put it back on my card, she said it would be back no later than Friday Sept 24, well come Friday I had NO money NO table and so on Tuesday Spet 28 I went up there only to find that she had CLOSED THE STORE! So the only way for me to get my money back now, is to file a small clain through the courts that is going to cost me roughly $250-300!!! Really if she could return the $475 that she owes me what makes me think she is going pay more!!! So for RME4EVER, You must be her friend or even her because this is the worst business I have ever dealt with..She is a thief and should be in jail!!! So those of you whom haven't gotten your furniture or MONEY back, please write me on here, I'm trying to put together a class action law suit against. I already know of 2 other people besides myself that are going in on this! Please let me know!!!

• Ti
      4th of Oct, 2010

KrysCorb, im in the same boat...

8th of Oct, 2010

According to the Okaloosa County Tax Collector the company's business tax
    receipt shows that it is owned by Barnett's Furniture, Inc.,
    1671 Bulevar Menor Pensacola Beach, FL 32561. According to Florida Division
    of Corporations the officers on file for Barnett's Furniture, Inc. is Ronald
    B. Barnett and Lorie L. Barnett, also listed with the same address. FEEL FREE TO SEND LETTERS TO THESE PEOPLE.

• Li
      14th of Nov, 2010

I asked a few people why the store is closed now, heres what I got. Apparently this Lori Barnett lady has stolen about $50, ooo dollars from people just at Santa Rosa Mall. It's sad, because she had told me she had 6 kids before when she met my daughter in her store. She must have been hurting pretty bad for money or something. I was also told that she, and her husband both have scammed people out of their money the same way in 2 different states i'm not sure why we haven't heard anything about this in the newspaper yet, but someone told me that she cannot be found, and is hiding out so that may be why. Does anyone else have any new info they can fill us in on?

• Kr
      15th of Nov, 2010

I did call the northwest florida dailynews and they told me they dont write stories about thing that go to small claims court! I dont know how to get the word out. I would love to sue her for the money that she owes me, but if she can't pay the money she already owes me, why am i going to put in another (at least) $250 to sue her! I can't afford that! We are just a military family!! I dont know how to get it in the papers or on the local news here!!! If you or anyone can point me in the right direction, I will gladly do it!

29th of Nov, 2010

As a former employee let me tell you sorry she has done all of you this way this is the reason i quit because of her lies and telling me to lie to hard working family trust me im no saint but i had a problem ripping people off who work hard for there money ive been trying to locate her but have fell short i know her husband owns a bed store called beds and more in gulf breeze next to genes flooring store and her parents live i p-cola she has already done this in another state and closed down a store and she never paid her employees on time and when she did pay it was not what she owed them she would say if you dont like it im sorry i dont have it her husband is a drunk and she was pretty fond of pills as i can remember