Roomate Express / Unauthorized charges

3100 S Rural Rd Ste 1Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 480-966-4126
I signed up online with Roommate Express in Sept 2007, using my debit card, used their services for two months, no luck in finding a roommate. Forward to April 2008 i found out Roommate Express charged my debit card without my knowledge, consent or authorization. Since i was unaware of this charge at that time, I started getting overdraft fees charged to my checking account. I called the Tempe office, they said they would look into it and give me an update. Not hearing from them for a few days, i call back, 'Still working on it', I'm told. Weeks later, and still not getting a call back, I emailed the customer service office in Ca, (which i assumed is the Corp. office), no response. Time later, I filed a complaint with the Az BBB, they look into it, then about 6 weeks later I get a email from the Az BBB, saying they tried to contact Roommate Express, but have had no luck in having their calls returned. So the Az BBB dropped the case. That in it self, should tell you about Roommate Express as a company, that they will not, nor have any interest in solving this matter, when the BBB tries to contact them. From now on I'll use Craigslist for my roommate searches.
Va

Comments

Sa
  18th of Oct, 2012
It seems roommaateexpress.com has not changed his ways and no one has stopped him yet. This owner Danford Ross is a scam artist and a crook, plain and simple. I signed up by phone and never read his no return, no guarantee policy. I did not fill out the application, he did, over the phone. He was very friendly and took my credit card over the phone. He lied when he said I applied over the internet. One of the reasons I signed up was that he was reachable by phone. However once he got my $49 that was the end of that. I received exactly 3 possible contacts for a roommate. All were out dated and not valid. After those original three there were NO more. EVER! He would not return calls and flat out lied to my credit card company when I requested a charge back. He claims the they provided a valuable service to me and honored their contract which is a total lie. He provided NO service and did not even attempt to. He just stole my $49. I would like to go after this company with a class action if anyone wishes. Contact me at "Whapum@aol.com"