Romex Travel / I lost much money

Romex Travel is a scam. I lost much money with them and I am very disappointed. Police are aware of all and the bank has been alerted.

Cl
Mar 09, 2013

Comments

• Le
      Mar 12, 2013

i was also a victim, Romex Travel is a big scam. I am in the process of filing a report from these crooks. Especially, their fake manager Ed. He should be under the jail. He is the new Bernie Madoff.

• Be
      Apr 20, 2013

Hello, My name is Belinda Steagall. I too lost money $450.00 to Romex Travel. Ed Roberts is the leader of the gang. I think they are getting away with it because it was sent to me as Centennial Travel. I was told that I would get a refund if the Travel Center gave me a refund. After I got Channel 9 on my side they gave me back my money but Romex Travel renigged on their promise. Did you ever get your money? I am trying to figure out exactly where they are located so thay I can call the news on them. Do myou know?

May 15, 2013

Belinda, I also was took for $2, 000.00 by Romex and $828.00 by The Travel Center. These people have got to be stopped, I have also contacted the news Media in Houston, Texas. I am starting a small claims case against them . Everyone that has been taken needs to speak out so that they can be put out of Business once and for all. I feel the same way I will find a way to get a refund!! Today Romex tells me that the people I have been talking to for 4 months has never worked there What?. Ed Roberts said he is the GM, I ask her what happened to him, did he just pack up and leave? she said she had never heard of anyone with that name, so I said let me talk to your manager and she said he doesn't talk on the phone! I said to her that's a lie I can hear Ed talking in the background and AGAIN I was hung up on! It's all LIES! LIES! LIES! There is so much more to this story! I have been doing this with them for 4 months and all I have form them is paper work and with each set of paper work comes another Request For More Money To Continue the process I am SICK of it !!! They are under so Meany names.
    The Address of Romex is:
    3379 Peachtree Rd. NE
    Suite #555
    Atlanta, Ga. 30326-1418
    Good Luck to you all! I won't stop!
    DLP593

• Be
      May 18, 2013

Hello DLP593, Please let me know if you indeed start a class action lawsuit. I would like to be a part. The news tried and they really couldn't help because I live in Virginia and they are supposedly located in GA. I did contact my bank and the agent in the bank thought it was check fraud but Bank of America's standards said that it was not because I gave them my account number. I called the BBB and the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). The BBB said that Romex Travel is not a member and would not respond to their request so their was nothing much they could do. The Travel center IS a member and with the help of the news and the BBB I did get a partial refund from them. Please call the FTC. The lady took my statement but she said that they must have a certain amount of complaints before they investigate. I also called a lawyer. He said that because they only owe $450.00 it wouldn't be worth going to court. He did tell me to go to my bank and get a copy of the check. Find out who signed and deposited the check. If it is a business find out the name of the business. Find out the bank in which is was deposited and the location. Call the person or the company and demand your money. After that take all the information to your local police station and file a fraud police report. Then call the police where the company is located and file a police report there also. My bank did find the check and that's when we found out that they created a check with my information. The name was not Romex Travel it was ABC 123 inc. That's when the agent at the bank was floored; however again the policy of the bank is that it was not fraud because I gave them my info. I hope it works out for you because my son went to Las Vegas anyway for his 21st birthday; but not because of Romex Travel or ABC 123! I truly hate them and I'm not giving up. All of this hassle we should get 10X what they took from us. Please call the FTC maybe if enough people do they will begin to investigate.
    Good Luck
    I won't stop either
    Belinda

May 18, 2013

Just to let it be known, Ray from The Travel Center called me and said "If you send back the vouchers to me I will refund your money ", I sent back the vouchers on Fri.5/17/2013 so we will see! Now I need my money back from Ed Roberts whom Angie if that is her real name tells me that he doesn't exist " No one by that name has ever worked here? I will keep you all posted as to weather I get my money back! If Ed Roberts was a decent man he would also refund me for services I never received. I will not stop with Romex Travel and Ed Roberts until I get all my money back, I will be Ed's worst nightmare if I don't get it refund soon!!! 4 months is long enough.

DLP593

May 21, 2013

Those people at Romex are lying dogs, they insist that Ed Roberts dose not exist anymore, But I Have Been Talking To Him For 4 Months and when I told her I knew she was lying and her name was not Amy it was Annalee she hung up on me, they are very good at that. Ed Roberst is nothing but a COWARD and a THIEF. He won't even get on the phone and face his problem. Please lets band together and shut these people down!!! They have $2, 000.00 of my money and I will get it back!!!I WILL NOT STOP!!! The are the biggest bunch of liars I have ever seen.

BAD DEAL!!! DO NOT GET HUNG UP IN MONSTER TRAVEL SCAM>>>>>>SCAM>>>>>>SCAM>>>>>>SCAM>>>>>>SCAM

• Dr
      Jun 24, 2013

I'm sorry about what you all are going through its a nightmare! I know! My husband and I are in similar problems. We booked a vacation with Romex travel via a fax or email my dad received from his work. I booked an Orlando Florida trip for 3 days and 2 nights and the man told me we would receive a bonus vacation to New York for 150 more. Once we booked we later received the emails for The Travel Center to begin the booking process. We paid the 69 fees for each person for the vouchers from certified mail. Much later down the road, we sent them in order to pay the processing fee of 99 dollars which needed to be in a US postal money order. We had never done a money order ever since we only use cash and card. We sent a western money order by accident and then a month later Grand Incentives sends me a letter saying our vacation was void due to not sending the correct money order. I called the travel center then they told me they would talk to the manager to try to get the vacation re-instated. The lady called back and she told me that they would not do so. I asked for a refund for the 69 deposits to new York which I had not used and she asked me to send and email to the refunds dept. Then I called Romex travel and told them I wanted a refund for my voided vacation. The young girl told me I had to send an email to request a refund. I asked her why I couldn't speak to someone on the phone and she told me they don't deal with the refunds only through email. So then I told her I wanted to speak to the manager and she told me there was none. I said you don't have a supervisor or manager? And she said hes not here right now. I go okay I will send the email and if I do not receive anything I will report you as fraud. She quickly said okay thank you is there anything else you need mam? And I tried to talk again and she said thank you bye. I sent out the emails and I am awaiting a response. I am not sure they will refund me anything at all. But I am going to try everything to get this resolved. Please let me know what worked for you all and if you are in similar situations.
    Thanks, from Jess