Rolladen Shutters / Unknown additional service cost

1 Hallandale, FL, United States
Phone: 954-924-6730

Called for a service call to fix rod of shutter. Was told on the phone that the call would be $95.00, which I agreed upon. Service person came out and fixed the problem. When we looked at the bill there was another charge of $50.00 for high work. We were not informed of this charge ahead of time so that we could make our decision of having the workers come out or not. We have a one story house and they had to climb on a ladder to fix the problem. The bill states that any changes to the estimate must be approved and initialed by the customer. We never initialed this additional charge. I called the company and they told me that they don't send unpaid bills to a collection agency, but we cannot use them again (which is fine by me). I will pay the $95.00, but not the $50.00. It is a complete ripoff, especially when most of the time they need to use a ladder. This was not a high area. The reason for this complaint is to make you aware of this company not being completely honest with telling the customer of the total charge from the beginning so that the customer can make the final decision of having them come out.