Roku Netflix Player / will not refund money on cancelled order

1 North Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

On August 3rd I ordered a Roku Netflix player. On August 4th, I found a cheaper solution with the Playon software and called to cancel my order with Roku. They said the order had already shipped. True, they had gotten a shipping number from Fedex, but the product had not yet been picked up by Fedex. The Roku rep suggested I call Fedex and cancel the pickup. I did and got a confirmation number from Fedex. Bottom line - the product never left the Roku premises. I sent two requests via their website email requesting my refund - no response. I have called 4 times (customer service in India). Each time I was assured that the problem was being expedited to their shipping to verify they still had the product. On each occasion, I was told that I would receive a response from them in 2 business days, 3 business days, 5 business days, etc. None of that ever happened. On the first and subsequent calls I provided them with the Fedex tracking number and cancellation confirmation number so they could see for themselves that the product was never picked up. That wasn't good enough. They had to receive confirmation from "shipping".

Don't do business with these people. They are either dishonest or completely incompetent - probably both.

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2009

I am having the same exact problem. Is there an answer to get money back?

4th of Nov, 2009

THE FIRST ROBU WORKED FINE AFTER 6 MONTHS PROBLEM STARTED I CALLED ROKU AND TOLD THEM THE MOVIE FROM NETFLIX WOULD ONLY PLAY FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN THE ROKU WOULD REBOOT AND START AGAIN THEY KEPT TELLING ME NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH UNIT SO I HAD MY SON BRING HIS XBOX AND THE MOVIE WORKED FINE SO I ORDERED A NEW ROKU AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT NOW I HAVE TWO ROKU ONE WORKS AND ONE DONT ROKU REFUSES TO LET ME SEND THE OLD ONE BACK FOR FEPAIR AS THEY KEEP TELLING ME THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT THAT MY DSL SPEED WAS TO SLOW AND I KEEP TELLING THEM THE NEW ONE WORKS SO WHY DONT THE OLD ONE WORK OF COURSE THESE PEOPLE ARE IN INDA AND DONT SPEAK ENGLISH VERY GOOD I HAVE SENT SEVERAL EMAILS TO THEM AND THEY WILL NOT RESPOND
    I JUST SENT A NEW EMAIL TO THEM AND WILL SEE IF I GET AN ANSWER???

• Ti
      9th of Dec, 2009

Terrible company, shipping is chaos, and customer service is a joke! I don't even think Americans own this company. They are stealing from American consumers on one end, and exploiting Indians on the other.

I don't know if my box works or not. It's been more than two weeks, no one seems to know where it is, and their warehouse is directly across from Las Vegas, Nevada, in California. (How long does it take to the East Coast? Three months???)

Once they get your money, this company could care less about you! I just feel sorry for the people that they are exploiting in some boiler-room somewhere, getting screamed at in a language thay don't even speak well. If someone stole a $100 from your wallet, they would go to jail, wouldn't they? This is just a legal way to steal.

You've been warned!!

Pay a little extra, and get another Netflix streamer. I wish I had!

Happy Holidays to all:-)

• Sn
      22nd of Feb, 2010

Purchased my Roku player on 12/27/09, retuned it on 1/15 at my own expense. They received it on 1/22. After numerous calls they keep saying that my account will be credited. People there make promises and are polite, but I am still out 109.98.
    Sorry I didn't check this website first. Do not attempt buy anything from this company! Chris Hacker