Rogers Wireless / overbilling customers

I've been using Roger's wireless service for 10 years, with three wireless phone plans costing a total of $200/month.

Over the last few months, ROGERS consistently added $12 - $28 onto my bill claiming that they were international text messages.

I keep all text messages sent in a folder on my phone and after reviewing them (every time I receive my bill with the extra charges), there are no number in there in which the phone numbers were long distance. They charge me for 60 - 90 international text messages to the same number which is NOT even RECOGNIZABLE to myself or to their computer system according to one of their representatives. These 60 - 90 text messages is more than what I normally send on a regular basis.

The most recent customer service rep I spoke to refuse to listen to me and refuse to help. I have now gave my 30 days notice and cancelled the plan with them.

If it wasn't for the annual letters of appreciation I receive from the president for being a loyal customer, I would have changed phone providers years ago!

I don't mind paying for "good" service, but it makes me bitter when I am fraud into paying something I did not do!

One female customer service agent suggested to put a lock on the INTERNATIONAL text messages so I will not be billed anymore. I accepted the offer and then noticed she locked ALL MY TEXT MESSAGES and put a FREEZE on my account. They will not let me text anywhere now and is STILL GOING TO CHARGE ME FOR MY TEXT MESSAGING NEXT MONTH! This is rediculous!

Va

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009

We have a two cellphones from Rogers. I always call them before that please inform us if we are out of the credit limit but for how many times they just cut our line. we will not be able to know unless our friend or our employers call us that we cannot be reach . I call them last December telling them to cancell my subscription but they just ignore it, they keep on sending my monthly bill even I dont use my cellphone, its totally dead. I told them to charge me of the cancellation . Before we always pay our bill on time, we even pay as much as 400 a month.

• Ra
      23rd of Aug, 2011

I was a Rodgers account holder for ten years up to the other day, for the last seven months, since I upgraded my account with two smart phones my bills just kept growing and the worst part was I couldn’t even get into my account i.e. bills I thought I would switch to paperless billing to help save the planet well that was my first mistake, anyway I phoned on the 8th of august to complain about my bill I was told my plan was all wrong and they would help me out and adjust my plan to best fit my needs, well ten days later I find out my bill doubled now I owe over 500.00 for two months service when my contract was for 140 per month plus tax . Not once was my bill even close to that amount. I phoned at least five times to have my bills sent to me and never received them until today after I switched to Virgin mobile now I have no contract and was given 100 per phone for using there service. I was told by Rodgers I would be charged 500 per line and so I should be seeing a bill for about 1700.00 and I paid about 2000.00 for the last seven months so that works out to about 500. Per mo .I will do everything I can to stop people from using there phones renting movies or using any service they provide