Rogers Wireless / horrible customer service
Today I visited the Rogers Wireless website for information on voice & data plans, with the intention of setting up a new service with them.
I had some questions and was initially quite pleased that there was an option to engage in live webchat with a representative. My pleasure quickly turned to extreme frustration.
The chat window pops up and I'm greeted by a "Sara." I give her the background and ask about setting up service without a contract, as I have several unlocked smartphones and do not need to purchase one. Simple question one would think? "Sara" responded in broken english "you pick phone then plan." Umm ok that's great, but how about my question? Next response is a canned reply telling me to call customer service, and the chat window closes.
I reconnected and each time got "sara" - obviously a pseudonym and got no help at all. There's no use asking for a manager as they'll just disconnect the window. So i thought ok, what the heck I'll add a phone to the cart just to see what plans are out there, and lo and behold there is nothing showing under voice and data plans. So I try chat again for the 5th time and it's "sara" again. I ask if they are having website trouble, as no plans are showing. I get a response "click voice and data and plan there will be". Thanks yoda - I can read, and I already told her that the tab was blank. Then I get "not available in locality." Well seeing as she didn't ask my locality, how could she know? Turns out it was because I had to select a different contract term - i figured that out BY MYSELF.
I am so frustrated with the lack of response, absent customer service and broken english that I now want nothing to do with Rogers. Mistreating potential customers isn't good for business.
More Rogers Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - cellular activation of apple watch
- Rogers Communications - billing 
- Rogers Communications - 'roam like home' does not work in portugal 
- Rogers Communications - not asking for permission to string a cable across my property 
- Rogers - internet promotion