Rogers TV / high definition tv service!
My experience with Rogers costumer’s Service is also very bad. I have a condo in Etobicoke (at The East Mall) and we have TV cable included in the maintenance fee. At some point Board of Directors decided to quit with Show Cable TV and continue with Rogers TV. All of us (each condo owner) were given a certain number of channels for free (paid for thru a maintenance fee again).
A few months later we received a letter from the Rogers asking us to pay for some cable TV service that never asked for nor we ever had. We talked to a Rogers’ representative, but it didn’t work, so we talked to Building Management Office and they promise to talk to a Rogers representative that takes care of our building. After that we were OK for a while.
Then, half a year later, again we received same kind of letter and we did exactly same procedure on our part. We were OK for a while again. The very same thing was happening on and off for God knows how many times. Now, my wife doesn’t even bother with Rogers’ letters, she just goes directly to the Building office.
Last time I tried to talk to a Rogers costumer’s representative. I talked to a guy by name Ken. I told him that :
- WE DON’T HAVE HIGH DEFINITION TV SET
- THAT IS WHY I DON’T NEED HIGH DEFINITION SIGNAL
- WE DIDN’T SIGN ANY KIND OF CONTRACT WITH ROGERS CABLE
- THAT’S WHY I DON’T WANT TO PAY FOR HIGH DEFINITION SERVICE!!!
Ken said, that Rogers’ computer shows we had some high definition service offer for free for a year
and trial period is over so now we have to pay for it. I tried to explain to him those four lines I have typed in capital letters. I also told him that Rogers not supposed to have our address in their system at all because everything goes thru the building as a group contract. I have tried my best for at least twenty minutes, but it didn’t work. So, I did my wife’s way, went to the Building office talked to them they promised they’ll take care of it. Secretary in the office said she also had a few times same kind of billing letter from Rogers!
This month we received a letter from Rogers and in it guess what: the bill for high definition channels and service, previous one plus one month!
More Rogers TV Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - service 
- Rogers Communications - tv 
- Rogers Communications - internet increased pricing 
- Rogers Communications - cancellation 
- Rogers Communications - internet