Rogers TV / high definition tv service!

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

My experience with Rogers costumer’s Service is also very bad. I have a condo in Etobicoke (at The East Mall) and we have TV cable included in the maintenance fee. At some point Board of Directors decided to quit with Show Cable TV and continue with Rogers TV. All of us (each condo owner) were given a certain number of channels for free (paid for thru a maintenance fee again).

A few months later we received a letter from the Rogers asking us to pay for some cable TV service that never asked for nor we ever had. We talked to a Rogers’ representative, but it didn’t work, so we talked to Building Management Office and they promise to talk to a Rogers representative that takes care of our building. After that we were OK for a while.

Then, half a year later, again we received same kind of letter and we did exactly same procedure on our part. We were OK for a while again. The very same thing was happening on and off for God knows how many times. Now, my wife doesn’t even bother with Rogers’ letters, she just goes directly to the Building office.

Last time I tried to talk to a Rogers costumer’s representative. I talked to a guy by name Ken. I told him that :
- WE DON’T HAVE HIGH DEFINITION TV SET
- THAT IS WHY I DON’T NEED HIGH DEFINITION SIGNAL
- WE DIDN’T SIGN ANY KIND OF CONTRACT WITH ROGERS CABLE
- THAT’S WHY I DON’T WANT TO PAY FOR HIGH DEFINITION SERVICE!!!

Ken said, that Rogers’ computer shows we had some high definition service offer for free for a year
and trial period is over so now we have to pay for it. I tried to explain to him those four lines I have typed in capital letters. I also told him that Rogers not supposed to have our address in their system at all because everything goes thru the building as a group contract. I have tried my best for at least twenty minutes, but it didn’t work. So, I did my wife’s way, went to the Building office talked to them they promised they’ll take care of it. Secretary in the office said she also had a few times same kind of billing letter from Rogers!

This month we received a letter from Rogers and in it guess what: the bill for high definition channels and service, previous one plus one month!

Comments

4th of Jun, 2008

rogers billing department customer service is useless with a managerial system that leaves you wonder if anyone cares.
    these reps are not properly trained and this adds to the fact that there is no proper support that they get from the management.
    When you call in for a billing clarification when you have made some changes on your account, you get 300 conflicting information that are just going to drive you crazy. So what i chose to do is to write to them via e-mail with specific questions with detailed information ( question 1..2...3...4...etc... so they have no other way but replying properly to the questions via e-mail . Refused to call in and advised that you do not have time to call in.
    Then you can use that e-amail and the reply to it to work without anyone DRIVING YOU CARE (REF: customer service rep) . Good luck

if you end up calling them anyone, and you feel you are not getting help, ask for the loyalty department or to speak to someone higher, so you will know you are going to speak to someone who has been with the company for a good time as compared to the regular customer service reps as those ones regularly fire and replaced for just the matter of luck of a good training and lack of proper management ...

• Pe
      31st of Aug, 2013
    Rogers TV - TV Guide Description
    Guelph
    Ontario
    Canada

The descriptions of movies should contain a synopsis of the movie, the year it was released and the the actors portraying the main characters.

This Rogers new guide description does not do as it does not tell who the main actors are. This is important even more so than the other 2 as I sure as hell don't want to watch a movie with an actor or actress I can not stand. So smarten up and put this back in the descriptions of the movies.