Rogers / deceptive business practice

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Rogers Wireless are once again pushing the limit on lawfull practices!

They offer a wireless add-on (called a wireless essential) which supposedly gives you unlimited on device browsing. But there is a whole bunch of fine print that I have yet to be able to find written on their site. CBC news states "Critics said the plans were Rogers' latest attempt to confuse customers, this time by misrepresenting the word "unlimited."

"What appears to be a good deal on the surface comes with some serious caveats, " wrote Marc Lostracco, assistant editor of the Torontoist website. "Customers need to remember that a company calling something 'unlimited' doesn't actually make it so."

Exactly. The only problem is now: I have a contract with this "unlimited" addon for three years (2011) or I can pay a $100 fee to remove it early. Not suprisingly I was NEVER told about a early termination fee when they offered it to me!

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Oct, 2008

Rogers went ahead and extended my account for three years without my permission. At the end of my current contract which I paid for, for my son, I told him he had to move it to his name or I was cancelling it. He went to do so, and at that time they told him he would have to have my permission to discuss it only which of course I gave. They went ahead and renewed the account for three years and sent me the bill. So now I am stuck with a three hundred dollar bill to cancel it or pay for three years. I hate that company it is not the first time they have used these practices. I am done with them forever.