Rogers / cell phone tower light issues

1 Canada Review updated:

Rogers has a cell phone tower in my town and it has been there for approx.2 years. This past summer it was fitted with a blinking strobe light on the top - - for air traffic safety? I live 1 km away from it on a hill therefore it is eye level. I can also see this strobe light in every direction 25 + km away - a little intense I think. There are other towers (non-blinking or red lights) in the area and in town and none of them are as annoying as the Rogers tower. I have called Rogers 3 times regarding this issue and no one has been able to give me a phone number or person who I can talk to. I am pleading with the company to turn it down as my sleep and backyard time is not relaxing anymore. It is very annoying to have a blinking light in your bedroom at night - the curtains always need to be closed and I don't even have backyard neighbours! I would suggest a non-blinking light or maybe something of less intensity.

Re
Oct 15, 2015

Comments

• Ro
      19th of Oct, 2015

Hi there, I'm Mike from the Rogers Social Media team. Could you kindly send me a private message, including your location and phone number? I'd like to have our network team investigate. Thanks!

• 12
      13th of Jun, 2018

@RogersMichaelT 0 Votes
    Hi There,
    My name is Monique. I live in a 21 story high ruse with another right across a residential street. Rogers has. Also put a large full spectrum flashing light on top of the 20 something story building across the street that flashes on and off all night long into home owner windows. I live on the 18th floor. The condos have very large windows for the view. The condo next to me was just sold to a new home owner for almost $600, 000.00. Her first night in her home she will relaxing in her living room at at 9:35 pm she will notice an increadible bright light flashing into her home!!! Can you imagine! So many people are upset about it, there is about to be a strata meeting about this frustrating issue and letters will be sent out to managment across the street and hopefully there will be more options if that does not work. Everyone PLEASE wish us luck. We can no longer enjoy our patios in the high rise for summer bar-b-ques without being blinded and tortured by this ridiculous flashing light. Management in the building with this light on top of it claims that Rogers is paying for that cell tower spot on top of their roof top and it does not bothere any of their tenants of course. Rogers may do whatever they choose we were top as they are paying for that spot on the roof top. What a predicament. I can see from this site and have heard that there have been many many complaints from home owners everywhere in the lower mainland and beyond about this brilliant flashing light issue. Rogers, please, please do something about this. My Goodness!

• 12
      13th of Jun, 2018

Hi There,

• Ro
      14th of Jun, 2018

Good morning, Monique! Apologies for the issues with the light. Could you please contact our team on Twitter @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers for assistance? They'll be able to escalate the issue to our network team for investigation. Thanks!