Rogers Cable / poor customer service
Following an advertising campaign, we decided to bundle our cable, internet, phone and cellular services with Rogers. We gave the agent the particulars explaining that if we switched, we wanted to ensure that we were receiving apples for apples. The agent told us that Rogers internet service was the equivalent of our Bell plan and that Rogers would handle everything. Subsequently, we were advised by Bell that there would be a cancellation fee. We could easily have given proper notice, but Rogers promised to handle all of that on our behalf. In addition, the internet service provided by Rogers was, not the equivalent of the Bell service. Trying to undo this was a nightmare. We were on the phone for a total of 8 hours talking to customer service reps who all commiserated and aplogized but did nothing to correct the problem. Ultimately, Rogers provided a credit because of their incompetence and because we have been very good long term customers, but ever since then we have had nothing but problems with billing. We previously paid in full for the year but decided that since we would likely discontinue the only remaining service (cable) once the contract was completed that we would pay monthly. We arranged for a pre-authorized payment. Rogers has claimed twice that they did not receive payment despite the transaction showing up on a credit card statement. When this happens, you receive letters demanding payment and endless calls in which you repeat the same information to the customer service rep. During this last incident, we were told that the price has increased...so much for having a contract. After decades, we will be switching cable providers when the contract terminates in a few months. To summarize, whether it involved obtaining information about service, arranging a switchover or billing, Rogers has been an absolute nightmare.
More Rogers Cable Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Cable - free preview billing scam? 
- Rogers - charges and changes requested 
- Rogers - unsolicited text messages by tmg sms 
- Rogers Cable/TSN - showing soccer instead of the start of the second half of the f1 season.
- Rogers Wireless - fraud