Rogers / overcharge on bills

1 Canada Review updated:

I've signed up a 3year contract with rogers, i pay 84.95 each month for rogers wireless services, I've got my bill today (July), it showed $84.95, yes that's normal, but when i wanted to pay my bill, the automated computer system voice told me i had to pay 166 BUCKS. I've called rogers and I've got no replies.

Comments

• Br
      21st of Mar, 2008

I cannot believe Rogers. What they are doing is either completely inept, completely dishonest or completely agaist the law --I'd say all three.

A while back I was having some minor but reoccuring problems with Bell Mobility, so when they allowed Canadians to move their cellular numbers with them I naturally left. Big mistake.

I thought, at the time, that the problems I was experiencing with Bell were absolutely unacceptable. After experiencing "service" with Rogers, Bell seems quite competent indeed.

Rogers has been incompetent in many many ways but overcharging is the worst. You might figure that if they are this insanely incometent that they would make a mistake here or there in the customers favour --not once! uncanny isn't it?

From day one with Rogers they have overcharged every single bill by approximately $300.00. That's $300.00/month in OVERCHARGES!! That's stealing $300.00 from me every month.

I call. I explain. Rogers says, "wow, that's really unacceptable... how can we repay you?", I say, "by giving me the money back --you owe me over $1000.00 for fsck sakes!", they say, "I'm sorry sir, we can't possibly pay that back [apparently they are short on cash?]", so I'm like, "what do you mean you can't repay me?!?!?!? You just said yourelf that you've been overcharging me from the outset. I trusted you as a responsible corporation and let you have my Mastercard number for billing. Do you understand the gravity of this situation? Rogers took money that didn't belong to them and now I get to pay Mastercard on your behalf? just until you scrape enough cash together to pay me back??? Is this what you're telling me?

So now I'm irate. I guess I'm weird that way. Anyway, the customer service person assures me that, while it seems unacceptable and, well, not nearly enough to cover and all that, she cannot give the money back but she will give me free service for a few months (which comes to a value of approximatle $408.00 --just over $600.00 short of what Rogers actually owes me at this point). It won't be enough to nearly cover what is actually owed but it's something. I figure they must be trained to be that thick and say it's fine. It's not fine at all but what can I do. I failed to mention that I've talked to many customer service agents by this time. Probably no less than 4 costing me roughly 3 hours of my time. Presumabaly this is the smartest customer service representative Rogers has available and so WTF are you gonna do?

At the end of the free 3 months I call, waste about an hour talking to Rogers about the situation. I get a paid plan in place that will cost me $136.00 --all taxes and cash grabs included. I double check this with the customer service agent. I double check this again. I can tell by the tone that the agent thinks I'm an a**hole.

The next day I get a test message from Rogers saying that the 'free lunch' is over and it's time to talk. Hmmm.

I get home, check my online statements. Well, what the [censored]: They have been fscking charging my Mastercard over $300.00/month. You guessed it: during our free 3 month "we're sorry we're so criminally insane" period.

What to do? What to do?

I've asked all my friends. The large majority of them have similar stories.

How is it that this is allowed?

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2009
    Rogers - continuous harassing calls all times of day and night
    rogers
    Saint Andrews
    New Brunswick
    Canada

receiving constant calls day and night from number 416-640 3489 this is an unpublished landline in Toronto
    the calls must stop-person calling will not listen to polite or rude rejection and request to stop the calls.

• Ca
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I found this site and always check numbers like this out; go here:

Seems like it's some kind of market research company who somehow isn't too worried about the do not call registry.

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2010

I made a Rogers love video I hate them so much

• Gr
      8th of Apr, 2010
    Rogers - Double Billing
    Ontario
    Canada

We were moving and decided to go to Bell. When we got out bill for this month they double charged us for all of our services. What a joke. Rogers are the biggest scam going.

• Je
      10th of Apr, 2011
    Rogers - money owed
    New Brunswick
    Canada

I keep on receiving phone calls from Icor claiming that I owe Rogers Cable money, they keep calling me and I have already tried to make arrangements with them, they even call me on Sundays which I find crazy.

• Ha
      15th of Oct, 2011
    Rogers - transfer money to thirst party
    Montreal
    Québec
    Canada

Rogers charge 2.5 $ (Canadian) per message. They claim the money is given to a 3rd party called DJUGO.
    The customer support of Rogers refused to explain how DJUGO got the power to take money from my balance with Rogers!
    It is a scam between Rogers and DJUGO.

• Id
      11th of Feb, 2014

Agree, on the phone with them now. They are saying system error sorry.
    Somehow i think they weigh out the odds of people calling and waiting on hold for an hour vs profit.
    We are such suckers in Ontario, pay double for utilities and groceries than most US states.

• Kr
      5th of Aug, 2014

I moved to Australia and they still charged me cancellation fees, and also continued to charge me for two months after I had cancelled the service for a grand total of $1024 CDN. I just found out that they sent me a really rude letter from a lawyer stating they were going to collect on me. I sent an email to the lawyer telling him I was never going to acknowledge it and, furthermore, I was putting in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Now, I realize they don't care because they've grown so big that they can get away with anything now but at least the complaint is on record. Repeatedly.

• Mk
      25th of Oct, 2014

Rogers should have to pay a consultation fee to all of their customers who point out their mistakes. Just spent 2 hours of my saturday afternoon teaching these guys simple math. Anyway, the fact that big corporations can do this to their customers is really unacceptable. The bigger problem in my opinion is that all the government regulations and laws allow this to happen. A little worry some.

• Ha
      11th of Jul, 2015

Rogers is charging me services that I didn't agree to and do not want, yet they demand payment and
    cut me off from texting which is not in their contract with pay as you go customers!

• Mk
      11th of Jul, 2015

I'm confused... If you are a pay as you go customer then you have no contract... This basically mean that they charge you WHATEVER they want

• Ta
      16th of May, 2018

Anyone get charged more than they agreed to on the phone with Rogers on a plan contract?

I have a class action lawyer and looking for parties to join me.

• Ta