Rodney J. Murphy & Associates / Fraud

Prineville, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 678-318-2650

This company is a scam. They place adds in the local paper and give you a number to call. When you call the number they direct you to the website www.wonderfulnanny.com
They charge a $10 application fee. Once you pay them you never hear from them again, and when you go back to there site even a month later, its the same job advertised.
Su

Comments

Gl
  19th of Nov, 2008
Nanny scam that uses the Pay Pal services to con people out of $10.00 each.
Ms
  16th of Apr, 2009
I just got scamed myself i guess because i just paid the ten dollars and just now started reading all of this...
Bu
  7th of Jun, 2009
Wow, this is from November 2008?? I really wish I would've just googled the website or company name before just jumping onto PayPal.

Hopefully this won't happen to other people!!!
Jm
  16th of Jun, 2009
Yeah I agree I should have looked it up first but it sounded ok now I know to look up first before investing.
Me
  13th of Jul, 2009
This ad in the newspaper is definitely a scam.
1. The BBB has Never heard of them.
2. The 404 and 678 area codes they use are GA area codes, however they pay to have their ad listed all around the U.S.
3. The voicemail, let alone is fishy!
4. If you do a Google search you will find out about all the other people that have been scammed around the U.S.
5. This has been an on-going scam for several years, and obviously not just one person is operating this.
6. They have different Pay Pal accounts, so they do not get caught.
7. Also, If one looks at the website, it is not Professional at all! Yet, The name: Rodney J. Murphey & Associates is... Sounds like a Lawyers office rather than a nanny agency. Grrr this disgusts me, even though I did not pay. I am going to report this right away to BBB.