Rodale / Mens Health / Sending books not ordered

Rodale / Mens Health
I was mailed 3 books I never ordered nor requested. I sent back the bill with instructions to provide me with a pre-paid mailing envelope. I refused to pay for postage on items I never ordered or requested. I never heard back from anyone. Now Rodale sold the $60.00 debt to a collection agency who is reporting on my credit bureau files for $80.00. <br />
This type of sending items not ordered then selling the debt to collection agencies should be illegal.<br />
This derogatory mark on my credit impacts my credit with my existing credit cards and could prevent me from obtaining credit in the future.<br />
I demanded all accounts closed with your company or any affiliates existing and previous closed. I do not want any magazines, books, ads or mailings from your company and to not sell my name or address to any third party company.<br />
I demand an apology letter and your collection company removed from my credit files immediately.<br />
I have filed complaints with the BBB and Attorney General’s Office – Arizona and the Federal Trade Commission. I will continue until you resolve this mess you’ve created. I am considering legal action against your company.

A  21st of Jul, 2009 by
I have had the exact same problem. They keep sending me a bill in the mail for these books that I never ordered. I'm not totally sure what I'm going to do about it.
A  16th of Aug, 2009 by
This past year (2009) I have had the EXACT same experience. Two years back I got a magazine subscription for Men's Health from a friend, and this year Rodale sent me like 3 large hard-cover books with muscle-building recipes, then a month later sent me a bill for them. I called MULTIPLE times and they keep saying it's up to ME to prove that I did not order these products they are trying to charge me for and REFUSE to give me a method of returning them without charging me for shipping and handling. I hope this scam feels the wrath of the public, who knows how many innocent people they are scamming the $60 for the books from.
A  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Same thing happened. I do not believe they'll actually report this to a credit agency. They must get waaaaaay too many complaints from this scam to go to that length.
A  6th of Oct, 2009 by
This appears to be a cornerstone of their business practices. I also have had the same issue. I highly recommend that people file a compaint with the FTC (www.ftc.gov). They only act if they get a lot of complaints, and while they are the same folks who overlooked the Bernie Madoff fraud, they might be a little more likely to act now that there is some heat over that.

The company doesn't even bother to get accredited with the BBB, for obvious reasons!

Take a moment to file your FTC complaint.