rockybid .com / scam

this site is a scam you cant win anything here and am not sure that they are not using shill bidders because same stuff being auctioned off so matbe never really sells off and they keep selling bids at .75 cents a pop

Comments

• Jl
      11th of Apr, 2009

I know of 2 people who won things on rockybid.com .. I think you need a strategy to win these games.

• Jl
      11th of Apr, 2009

I personally have not used this website yet, I have used swoopo, and no I did not win, and yes I would consider doing it again. Its fun but to win you need a strategy, just like anything else in life. I hope this helps.

• Cs
      14th of May, 2009

I have friends who have won. You just have to decide at 75 cents a bid is it worth it. But I am going to try myself...

• Au
      4th of Jun, 2009

You do need a stratagy, because you can screw your self if you don't know what your doing. For instance, A guy just won 50 free bids for $.33 cents. Sounds good right, because otherwise it would cost him .75 cents a bid to purchase the cheapest bid package. You have to have bids on your account to bid. Let's say this guy has 33 bids in his account aready. OK, each bid cost him .75 cents. Since this is a penny auction he had to put 33 bids in to win, so this auction actually cost him $24.75. Was this a deal? Let see. The cheapest bid package is $14.99 for 20 bids. If he would have spent $26.00 for 40 bids. So he actually only ended up with 10 free bids. Hold on we're not done yet. Remember he had to give up the 33 bids he had in his account towards 50 free bids. So he's only gained a total 17 free bids. In other words 33 of the 50 free bids just replaced the 33 the just used to win the auction. He still got 17 free bids. But he actually paid for 33 of the 59 free bids.

• Au
      4th of Jun, 2009

oops typo ...I meant of the 50 free bids.

• Ro
      10th of Jun, 2009

If you think RockyBid.com is a scam, check out http://rockybid.com/blog for pics and video at the Paragon Honda in Queens, NY, where Jane Megginson received her car she won for $1.24.

• Da
      10th of Jun, 2009

Actually, he didnt waste 33 bids to win something for $.33 because he was bidding against other people, which means the max he spent was 16 bids, probably less. When you win, you actually pay the website $.33 cents to win your product, not 33 bids.

Recently a woman won a car from them for $1.24. Im assuming the company took a huge loss on it too. She walked away with the car, and they documented it as well: http://rockybid.com/blog/?p=78

So I dont think its a scam. Sorry buddy.

• Pa
      11th of Jun, 2009

WELL SINCE ROCKYBID SENT ME A HALF DOZEN EMAILS ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THEIR WEBSITE WAS "ACCIDENTLY" BIDDING AUTOMATICALLY FOR 2 DOZEN BIDDERS, OR SHILL BIDDERS, AS THEY ARE CALLED, AND DVDS THAT SELL FOR $5 EVERYWHERE WERE BIDDING OUT AT $300ish AND $600sih THAT SHOULD BE A WARNING TO EVERYONE THAT THEIR SITE IS DOING A WHOLE LOT WRONG AND THE CAR HAD TO "SOLD" TO THAT WOMAN SINCE NOONE WAS TUPID ENOUGH TO BID ON IT AFTER SEEING THAT THE SITE WAS HAVING A FEW GLICHES WITH ALL THE OTHER BIDS, EVEN TO THE POINT OF THEM REFUNDING 1000S OF PEOPLE 100S OF 1000S OF $$$$. THEY WERE CAUGHT USING SHILL BIDDERS AND WERE FORCED TO REFUND THE SCAMMED BIDDERS. IF ANY OF U REALLY USED THE SITE U WOULD ALREADY KNOW THIS AND NOT BE TRYING TO ACT LIKE EVERYTHING IS ON THE UP AND UP, U ARE SO OBVIOUSLY WORKING FOR THEM. THE FACT THAT THE CAR WENT FOR SO LITTLE TELLS THE TRUE STORY...

• Ro
      11th of Jun, 2009

As a new company with an overload of users, as can be verified by web trafficking websites, some server errors have occurred. Because of this, the bids of some individual accounts (not shill users) had not gone through and turned into a loop on the server.

It was because of a server error that this occurred and Rockybid felt that the only fair way to go about business was to return each users bids.

Serious upgrades have been made so that errors as such no longer occur.

The fact that the car sold for so cheap is simply luck for user JaneMegg, who is real and picked up the car on June 9th from Paragon Honda in Queens, NY. For photos and video, you can check our blog at http://rockybid.com/blog.

• Pa
      11th of Jun, 2009

AS STATED IT IS OBVIOUS THE "GOOD FEEDBACK" OR FAKE FEEDBACK IS COMING FROM ROCKYBID. NOW THEY ARE JUST DIRECTLY ANSWERING THE LEGIT COMPLAINTS IN THE OPEN, AS OPPOSED TO USING FAKE NAMES OR EMPLOYEES NAMES.
    ROCKYBID IS WATCHING THIS SITE SO CLOSELY THAT THEY RESPONDED TO A COMPLAINT WITHIN HOURS OF ITS POSTING. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU????
    A GLICHE IN THE SERVER CAUSES SOME DOZEN BIDDERS ACCOUNTS TO AUTOMATICALLY BID $600 FOR A $5 DVD, PLEASE...
    IT HAPPENED WITH A DOZEN ITEMS AND A DOZEN OF BIDDERS. IM SURE THAT THEY DIDNT INTEND FOR IT TO HAPPEN AND FOR US TO FIND OUT THEY ARE USING SHILL BIDDERS BUT AS IN 99% OF SCAMS THE TRUTH COMES OUT. AS FAR AS LUCK GOES WINNING THE CAR, IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT THEN YOU DESERVE TO BE RIPPED OFF BY ROCKYBID!!!
    BE CAREFUL OUT THERE THEY ARE NOT THE ONLY SCAMMERS ON THE INTERNET.

• Sc
      7th of Jul, 2009

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!

Paypal cannot protect you! I tried filing a complaint, but the site found a loophole so they do not have to refund anything!

1) The timer jumps back and forth between seconds at times. I am not the only user who notes this. Regardless of whether I use my PC, Mac, or portable device, I see this happen. I highly doubt that all these sources that report this are incorrect.

2) There is no reason that I should be 'timed out' of an auction if I am actively bidding on it. If I am timed out a certain number of times, the website become impossible to simply 'refresh'. I have to completely shut internet explorer off and reboot it to get it to log me back in. By the time this happens, I can easily lose an auction.

3) When I was bidding on the TV on Saturday night, I tried buying more bids. There was a problem and even though I tried 4 separate times, I was unable to purchase more bids. I was unable to continue bidding on the auction because of this. I lost $125 and had no chance of recouping that because of this glitch.

Not a technical issue, but the largest issue I have with this site aside from a technical one:

There is absolutely no excuse that a timed auction website should be able to use to negate the technical responsibility it has to its users to operate a dependable and steadily running website. The website should work flawlessly, especially when its basis is a timing system. I have spent close to half a thousand dollars on this site as a good customer. I am now going to let all my friends and family know the flaws of the system and encourage them to delete their accounts. The fact that the legal contract has been changed from when I signed up (and hence agreed to the user contract) and I was not notified, I know is not only illegal, it shows a severe lack of moral obligation that the site has to its users.

When I wrote them that email, they took personal offense to it and belittled the money I spent on it. Paypal does not protect you, the site refuses to take responsibility for technical glitches and even updates the contract without notifying anyone so that they can continue to scam people while legally covering a**. Even the legal contract admits that the site has problems, but they are not responsible!!

Scam scam scam!

• Je
      13th of Jul, 2009

I agree this site is scam... yesterday i was trying to bid for panasonic TV and i used bidbuddy for 50 bids. those bids were completed with in 5 secs. i see same users winning the auctions. i doubt those user id's belong to rockybid only. please dont waste ur money.

• Ra
      17th of Jul, 2009

True. It took 25 of my bids in 4 seconds. Talked to live support and he closed the chat window. Its cool I recorded the whole thing. Ima put it on youtube to their scam.

• Pe
      24th of Jul, 2009

One friend did not receive is PSP from amazon.. Amazon is a scam? Right.

• Pe
      24th of Jul, 2009

I've been to many of these web sites. I have not bid yet. But from all the blogs I've looked at and research I've done here's what I concluded: People who win are happy. People who don't win, complain.. And of course blog its a scam.. But I say there is always a seconds side to every story. Think about it.. there are so many of these sites.. 10's may 100's of thousands of users.. and only a few complaints here and there. I love this post. It gives me a better opportunity to win on these sites, prevents more people from signing up. Keep up the good work "complainers". Or maybe you are using reverse Mind games. You don't want anyone else to bid on this sites.
    Thanks to you I am now convinced these sites are legit and am ready to bid. But please keep tellling everyone else not to.

• Ri
      27th of Jul, 2009

Part of the contents that you have mentioned I agree with that. I have won around 3 auctions on rockybid.com and have lost on couple of auctions also. But I noticed on the iphone auction which came on July 25 7pm PST. when the auction was about to be over around 2:20sm PST the timer jumped from 10 second to 0 second, and the auction got ended...
    I have taken snapshot of these moments which clearly shows bug in their system. Check out this snapshot which shows that the auction was dragged even though it was ended. Now the surprise thing is, when i checked on the same auction on the other day I found this time was modifed to a different time.

I had also kept track on the auction for 7 hours 20 min and i had a good idea on the best time to enter aggressively. I still have lot of bids remaining in my account. which is useless for me right at this point since i didnt got a chance to win. The username: Bullfish and table46, can you please come forward, coz i am sure you also experience the same thing. If there are other users too, please drop by an email at
    richierich.b.2009@gmail.com

• Sp
      28th of Jul, 2009

It appears to me that the main problem with this site comes from the expectation attached to the word "auction". These are clearly not auctions. It's much more like a raffle or lottery. In other words, you're gambling for prizes. If you're cool with that, go ahead and use the site. If you want a bona fide auction, stick with eBay.

• Le
      4th of Aug, 2009

Rocky Bid is not a scam there are similar sites to this, some are scams and some are legit if you want more information check out the consumer watchdog found at http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com.

• Bi
      5th of Aug, 2009

Richierich, I am the one that won the Iphone auction (which I received in just a couple days) I am bid2win. Most timer issues are not software or server based (I said most not all), it is typically related to your internet connection and network. For that reason when I am going deep into a higher end auction I bid on my PC and have my laptop on the page also. Numerous times I have seen 2-5 second lags on one computer that never showed on the other. It is also important to refresh often and use the f5 refresh this sometimes help settle the timer down. For the record, I did not see the timer lag on that auction. The same issue happens/applies at zoozle, bidtrotter, bidrodeo and all the others. If timer lag is an issue on your computer try zoozle.com they have the most reliable timer I have seen you can actually bid on the last second.

I know it sounds like I work for Rockybid and I have been accused of it a few times on blogs and forums, but I am just an avid bidder, I am on other sites as well I am bidtowin at zoozle, Bidrodeo, and yottabid (RIP) bidtoowin at bidtrotter, and bid2win at Rockybid.

All these sites mentioned are for real NO BOTS or SHILLS, I have won many items and recieved them all promptly from all the mentioned sites. In fact I receive most of my wins with in a week they are fast as most of the items they auction are shipped from Amazon. Personally Rocky and Zoozle are by far my favorites.

• Rw
      5th of Aug, 2009

I bid on Rockybid, BidRodeo and Zoozle and me and my family have won many auctions on these sites. As bidtowin wrote these sites are not scams I and my family have bid against bidtowin as well as others on this posting.There are many of us with the same user name who bid on all these sites and bid against each other often.Many of these bidders are very good bidders and that is the reason they win many items.