Rocky Mountain Reader Service / Scam and cheating!

1 4100 Wadsworth BoulevardWheat Ridge, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-422-1887

These guys have tried to contact me at a number where I don't work, so aggressively that it drew complaints. I wanted to know who they were and found the report on your site. Since others are looking for info on them I have listed their phone number and physical address. The phone number is listed under Rocky Mountain Reader Service, Rocky Reade and Howard Glicksman all at the same address. Maybe this will prevent further extortion attempts or aid in shutting them down!

Va

More Rocky Mountain Reader Service Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      7th of Feb, 2008

This organization is not authorized to call people on the do not call list. They have no affiliation with the magazines they call about, and are simply trying to get you to buy or renew a subscription through them at a price higher than you can get from the publisher. I have reported them to the FTC and suggest you do the same.

• Da
      3rd of Mar, 2008

They are calling repeatedly but I have never answered. I am on the do not call registry.

• Sh
      7th of Mar, 2008

They started calling me everyday since 3/4/08. We are on the DO Not Call registry, also. I called back their phone # (303) 422-1887 and there was a message with a male voice. At the end of the message he says: "leave your number to be removed from the call list" so I did. Let's see what happens..................to be continued!

• He
      21st of Mar, 2008

Got my first call from them today. They called and asked for me and then just hung up. I went to the do not call site and filed a complaint. EVERYONE who gets a call should do that and maybe they will stop calling people.

• Ll
      28th of Mar, 2008

The phone number for this company has come in three times today. I haven't answered the phone but I'm tired of their annoying calls. I have an extremely sick family member and don't appreciate the intrusive calls. I, too, am on the DO NOT CALL registry. What's up besides their harrassment?

• Ge
      29th of May, 2008

The phone calls just started today -- two calls before noon. Who are these jerks? Good thing I have caller i.d., because I will not pick the phone when they call in the future.

• Da
      2nd of Jun, 2008

I've been getting charged from my bank account for magazines and I'm trying to unsubscribe from Rocky Mountain Readers Service. The problem is that they take the money, but there is not a physical phone number in order to reach them, so I'm trying to track them down. If this is some sort of scam on their part, I hope they get shut down.

• Di
      13th of Sep, 2008

Do not subscribe to them. I did and it was a bad idea. Just ignore the phone call. Tried calling them back but they said I got the wrong number but I have called id!

• Co
      26th of Sep, 2008

This company and phone number keeps coming up on my caller id. I don't answer my phone if I don't know who the caller is. They never leave a message, but they call serveral times a day. How do I get them to stop calling my home?

1st of Oct, 2008

800 238-2370 is their 800#...never called it though

10th of Nov, 2008

They have been calling me also. Tonight I went to their website and emailed their customer service department and emailed them and told them to stop calling me and not even 5 minutes later they called me, so I answered the phone let the woman speak and then told her to stop calling me. I have two kids that sleep at night! I also am on the do not call list and my number is unlisted so I have no clue how they got my number! I also filed a complaint with the FTC and the do not call registry itself.

• Ar
      1st of Dec, 2008

Got 3 calls from them today--caller ID said "Reade Rocky". I finally answered--claimed to offer a discounted renewal on Guideposts magazine and I fell for it since I do subscribe. After Googling the "Reade Rocky" later, I immediately cancelled my credit card. Last time I'll ever be so stupid as to fall for a scam like this.

• Jj
      25th of Feb, 2009

02/25/09: My mom is 75 and her memory has gone with the wind. I've been tracking her bills the last 2 months and noticed one for $106! My first reaction was to get on line and see who these people are. It's just as I thought, these are crooks. So I contacted Citicard and they told me I had to call them to straighten things out. Phooey! Went on their website and disputed the claim, let THEM do the work. There had been 2 previous billings from Rocky Mtn. for $17 then this bill. You canbet your bottom dollar these ### aint get'n another penny!

10th of Apr, 2009

Please do not confuse this company with www.rockymountainreader.com which is an entirely different non profit site for lovers of nature, literature and music. There is no connection between Rocky Mountain Reader Services and www.RockyMountainReader.com. I am sorry to see the name being abused like this.

J Allison Marlowe