Rockstar Auto Glass/At Home Auto Glass / They Don't give the $150 gas card they promise

1 Portland, OR, United States Review updated:

I Used At Home Auto Glass online to have a winshield replaced in my car, and they also said that if I did it through them, I would get a $150 gas card in the mail that I could use at any gas station. That was in February, and I repeatedly called them starting from around 3 weeks after I got the windshield replaced, and they hang up on you when they find out who you are! I dealt with that for a week or so, and then found a local number in Arizona that connects to them, I found out they are also rockstar auto glass. Then when I finally talked to the guy longer than 30 seconds, they said I would get the card in a couple of weeks. I never did to this day, so I figure there's no reason to keep trying, because it must be a scam. I also found out later that they have bad reviews all over the place, so I will make sure in the future to research a company that makes a claim like a $150 gas card, before doing business with them.

Ya

Comments

• Si
      10th of Jun, 2009

I had this same experience with them. Their main number now redirects to a voicemail box. This is definitely a scam. While the glass installation went fine, good luck getting the $150 gas card.

• Ab
      6th of Jul, 2009

Beware of these scammers. I know I should. I got scammed by them and I suspected it was a scam but I initially thought well they were coming to install it in person so it can't be a scam. Well, it's not them who install it and the people who install it stated on their receipt that they are not responsible for the offer. So they were aware of it. They failed to tell me.
    What you can go is contact consumer protection agencies, BBB, your attorney general, etc.. If you don't do that and everyone else doesn't then forget about nailing these ###.

• Ct
      23rd of Jul, 2009

File a complaint with the BBB. I did, but only after tracking down that they were registered as "Apollo Auto Glass". Time will tell...

19th of Aug, 2009

I got my windshield replaced with Rockstar Auto Glass. They had promised a $150 gas card if I did business with them. The whole thing so far is nothing more than a scam. It's been almost 5 months and I still haven't seen a gas card. I've called more than 20 times.. half the time unable to reach Brian (who is apparently in charge). I left begging voicemails on his machine for him to call me back and he never did.

The first time I got ahold of Rockstar, I had to call the AZ location and a woman answered and told me my gas card was PERSONALLY mailed out to me by Brian before he went on his vacation. Two weeks later.. no gas card. I called and called Brian and when I finally got a hold of him (this is a hard thing to do) he told me for some reason a gas card wasn't sent out to me and he'll send one out again right away and it should be there within a week.. fine. Three weeks later.. no gas card.. I call again several times leaving the messages for him to call me back.. never called back. I finally reached him again and he told me they are having problems with the gas card company since it's a third party company and they went out of business so that's why I didn't get my gas card. I'm wondering why the woman told me Brian had PERSONALLY sent them out months before if the whole thing was taken care of by a third party company? Brian told me that they are making a deal with a new company and I should have my card within a week.. It's been 2 weeks since that call and I haven't seen anything in the mail.. I'm taking a road trip tomorrow that I really needed the gas card for.. that I thought I would get in time but didn't. I decided to post my experience on all the reviews I could find about them.

THANK YOU Rock Star Auto Glass. I'm so glad I over paid for my windshield repair just to get scammed out of your promotion and experience horrible customer service.

Marcie
    Portland, Oregon

• Ev
      27th of Aug, 2009

Apparently there is a pending lawsuit against Brian P. Burt. This guy is a manipulator and a lying ###. Do NOT deal with him under any circumstances. If he say's its in the mail, he's lying. This guy needs to be put in Jail. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that didn't get suckered into this. I felt like such a ###. I'll keep you guys posted on what I find. Apparently he lives in the Dallas area and loves to move around a lot. Spread the word on this guys and Rockstar Autoglass so others don't get screwed like us.

• Ha