Rockland MM Moving / Do not use rockland mm moving

1 201 Rt 59, Hillburn, NY 10931Hillburn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877.470.4646

1. If you receive a “binding estimate”, be wary - they will not abide by it!
2. They will load your goods onto their truck, and then tell you that you have more goods than was in the “binding estimate”. Our “estimate” went from $8, 000 to $14, 000 after they loaded our goods, and half of our goods were already at their storage.
3. They will hold your goods HOSTAGE and threaten to sell them if you don’t agree to the higher price. On the day of the move, I was able to get Ofir to agree to do the move based upon weight. But once their goods were in their warehouse, and we were in our new state, Galit refused to abide by that.
4. The only thing they respond to you by using the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA). This will take time, but it’s the only thing they respond to.
5. If you are doing an INTER-STATE move, DO NOT USE these guys. They are way too small. They have a tiny warehouse in Rockland, NY, and only a handful of trucks and employees.
6. They do not use their own trucks for inter-state moves, but outsource it out to the cheapest truck they can find, and use the cheapest movers on the other end to unload your truck.
7. Just because they’re a member of the Better Business Bureau doesn’t mean they’re a good business. The path to resolution with these guys is through other government organizations (AMSA and FMCSA).
8. MM stands for “Mash and Mangle”. They will not respond to your claims if they damage your goods (and they will).
9. If you file a claim, they aren’t big enough to send somebody out to view the damaged goods. You will have to: a) take pictures, b) get three written estimates for all items that are broken, c) mail those pictures and estimates. Even then, they won’t respond to you. EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE, USE A BIG CARRIER FOR AN INTER-STATE MOVE! IT’S NOT WORTH GOING WITH THE LOW-BALL BINDING ESTIMATE (WHICH THEY WON’T STICK WITH ANYWAY)!

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2009

From Management at M&M Moving
    Our company has a 15 year record of excellent service. We have helped hundreds of happy customers. We are sad to hear that you are unhappy with our service. Here at M&M Moving we are continuously improving our service. We have restructured our company and we are under new management. We apologize about your bad experience with us. Come and rejoin our line of happy customers and we will provide you with top notch service.

• Br
      28th of Sep, 2010

I would absolutely reiterate the warnings provided above. Under any circumstances, do not use Rockland M&M Moving. My wife and I hired them for a simple move within Manhattan of a 1 bedroom apartment, and they could not have screwed it up more royally.

On both the day of move out and move in, the movers showed up late. On move out day, they were 4 hours late! I was already well past the alloted time for the freight elevator in my high rise building when they arrived. My building was gracious enough to accommodate me to enable my move in, but M&M's extreme tardiness effectively ruined my entire day and forced me to cancel important evening plans. I also took the morning off of work for absolutely nothing. And their excuse for arriving 4 hours late with the delivery truck? The driver overslept! That's right, he overslept because he was working late the night before! I'm not sure about other companies, but, at my job for which I sometimes work up to 20 hours in a day, being four hours late due to oversleeping is unacceptable. When I called management to complain, they seemed to not care a bit.

Unfortunately, there was even more pain to come following the tardiness. As we started to open the boxes that M&M had packed for us, we found countless broken items. A wine glass, a bowl, a plate, and a clock. I once moved myself 150 miles using a UHaul and my own cardboard boxes without breaking a single thing. I am not sure how professional movers were able to break so much in a 3 mile move. Not only did they break fragile items, they found a way to destroy our lamp shades which they had packed into cardboard boxes. We were forced to replace entire lamp sets because replacement lamp shades were not available for those lamps.

The worst unpleasant surprise came the day after our move. We own a chaise lounge chair that we keep in our bedroom. When my wife decided to sit down on it on Saturday morning to relax, one of the chair legs came out from underneath her. We inspected the bottom of the chair to find that the entire leg had been torn out of the chair during the move (it was not damage that could have been inflicted by my wife who weighs about 100 pounds). The movers had clearly known about it as they chair was incapable of standing on all four legs. Instead of telling us about the damage, they just propped it up against the window sill to make it look like a still functional chair.

I was flabbergasted by damage to the chaise which they failed to inform us of. This was a safety issue, and they failed to act responsibly. Somebody could have been hurt. I have called the company approximately 10 times in the last 25 days to speak with management about this gross negligence by the company. True to form, management has yet to return my phone calls.

I could not have imagined receiving such incredibly incompetent service, but the company's casual and lackadaisical attitude toward my horrible moving experience has been unbelievable. I have yet to see a business so poorly managed that has somehow survived this long. I guess it is only possible in the moving industry.

11th of Mar, 2011

Couldn't agree with the first complaint more and can only imagine the damage that my goods will have received once I actually get them delivered! I too contracted M&M based on a "binding estimate" which was more than doubled once they had my belongings on their truck. I was already in my new state when they picked up my goods from the old state and couldn't believe the "inventory" they forwarded me after pick up. When I questioned those items on there which I didn't have on the truck (i.e. I was charged for a hutch, 2 cabinets, and 2 bookshelves -- none of which I even own) I was told that the driver could not open the truck and allow me to inventory my own belongings without first being pain in full their inflated price. After getting nothing but headaches from "Gayle" and an earfull of lies from "Keith" (the driver of the truck) for 3 weeks I finally gave up and simply began filing complaints. The Better Business Burearu, the NYS Attorney General, and now, after reading this post, I will follow suit with both Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA). I have no idea if and when I'll ever retreive my belongings from then without judicial intervention but I can assure you that I would NEVER recommend ANYONE hiring this company for any type of move. They are crooks, liars, theives and simply [censor].

• Mi
      4th of Apr, 2011

We had a great move with m&m movers. we moved out of state a few weeks ago. They came exactly when they said they would, packed up the truck and left. Our stuff arrived in good condition at our new home exactly when they said it would. Also, when they gave us our estimate they were very clear that if our stuff exceeded the estimate we would owe more money. However, they also told us that if we came in under the estimate, we would get money back. We were there as the movers packed the truck and discussed what we would take or not to remain within the estimate. In the end, we got money back because we came in under the estimate! We received our refund today! Very exciting! They were very courteous and came through with exactly what they said they would! I found them to be honest and upfront with all aspects of the move. We were very satisfied and would recommend them to anyone!

• Dm
      25th of May, 2011

MY EXPERIENCE WITH M&M MOVERS OF HILLBURN NY WAS A NIGHTMARE!!! THE SALESMAN ALEX WAS NICE AT FIRST. THEN ONCE I MADE PLANS TO MOVE ON A CERTIN DATE, A VERY RUDE AND NASTY WOMAN CHANGED MY DATE AND TIME 3 TIMES AT THE LAST MINUTE. THEN IT GOT MUCH WORSE!!! AFTER THEY LOADED THE TRUCK(I HAD A THREE ROOM APARTMENT, NOT ALOT OF STUFF) MOY QUOTE MORE THAN DOUBLED!!! WHEN THEY LOADED THE TRUCK AND TOLD ME, I CALLED A WOMAN WHO CLAIMED TO BE THE OWNER, SHE TOLD ME TO PAY IT OR FIND ANOTHER MOVER, KNOWING THAT I DIDNT HAVE THE TIME TO DO THAT. SHE BASICALLY TOLD ME TO PAY IT AND F**K OFF!!! I COULD GO ON AND ON, I UNDERSTAND HOW SALES AND BUSINESS WORK.BUT THESE PEOPLE ARE TJE WORST ### I HAVE EVER HAD THE BAD LUCK OF EVER DEALING WITH!!! THAY ARE THIEVES AND LIARS AND SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR THIER PRACTICES, OR AT LEAST OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

25th of May, 2011

I had a similar expierence wtih this company. They showed up late with less movers then promised. Once they got all of our property on the truck they said we owed twice as much as they agreed. I can't say anything was broken or missing but to double an estimate is unfair and bad business practices. The girl in the office was RUDE!