Rocket Voice Mail / fraudulant billing practices

1 Middlesex, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732-868-9260

I had the same bill for at least 4 months, Verizon FIOS says some companies have authority to add miscellaneous charges to my bill. But for me to correct and error on their bill about an extra set top box rental, I was on the phone for an hour. Why can't I correct it quicker? AT&T and FIOS are probably in cahoots with them. That's what happens when you have no regulations on this subject. The best I could get from FIOS was a block of this charge in the future. Now what? They take my money and I get nothing from them! I don know why FIOS would not verify with me with a simple phone call of this charge and service. They say they have confidentiality with our personal information but do they really? I am really PISSED!

Comments

Di
  2nd of Sep, 2009

I just saw this charge on my grandmas bill recently. She doesn't speak any english at all. Her phone bill has been the same for years. Suddenly it doubled in pricing. I pay her bills for her and I saw this charge from transaction clearing. First I called ATT to find out what this fee was for. She couldn't tell me but only that she could take it off, but she suggested that I called the number next to the fee. So I called transaction clearing, apparently they are only do the billings for this other company called Rocket voicemail, they couldn't tell me anything as to why it was on my bill. They gave me the number to rocket voicemail and suggested that I call them. I called rocket voicemail and they cancelled the service for me, I ask them why did I even have their service in the first place. Her explanation person was that anyone can just pick out your number from a phone book and use it on a survey and goes into a binding contract with them somehow.

I think that is total fraud. So any of your friend(or not) can just sign you up for random services and appear on your bill.

I think ATT should think twice before just allowing people to add random services onto their phone services.

Ma
  27th of Apr, 2011

I don't have fios and they have been billing me $12.95 for five months. I called Verizon and they said I would have to go through rocket customer service. That sure was a dead end. The won't answer the phone or return emails. Anyone have some ideas how to get away from these crooks?