Rocket Lawyer / Unauthorized Charge to Bank Account

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I was reviewing my bank account and found a charge to my account for $39.95, for something I never signed up for and do not even know who this company even is. My bank has been notified of this unauthorized transaction and they will not be getting the money they took from my account without my permission or knowledge. This is a legal service and yet this is the way they do business? Is this not stealing and against the law? You have to be really bad at your job if you have to take money from individuals who did not even sign up for your service, or did not know you even existed. This is the second time this company has tried this in the last 4 months, and the second time I have had to file a complaint, the next time, I will obtain a real lawyer!

De
May 16, 2015

Comments

De
  7th of Oct, 2010
Rocket Lawyer - Refund
Rocket Lawyer
California

This company is a scam. They charge an outrages price and send your HIPPA (E-mail Address) to other companies. If you don't want your phone ringing off the hook and don't want to have to wait 30 days to get a refund, that they never should have charged in the first place, than, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Fi
  10th of Sep, 2013

I want to cancel my 7-day free trial now, i can not get through on the phone, i have now found out that this company won't cancel the free trial. i will have to contact my bank if no action is taken within 12 hrs.

Sd
  8th of Jan, 2014

I WOULD LIKE A REFUND FOR THE 2 MONTHS CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT. I USED THE SERVICE AND TRIED TO CANCEL TO AVAIL. I GUESS I WAS TOLD BY PHONE THAT I UNSUBCRIBED TO PUBLICATIONS NOT THE SERVICE. THANKS ALOT FOR RESPONDING IN A ORDERLY AND RAPID FASHION. S. DAN

Pl
  5th of Jun, 2014
Rocket Lawyer - unable to cancel membership

I joined under the impression if not satisfied I could and had 30 days to cancel. Upon attempt, there is no way to cancel, no phone. No address and the money was taken from my bank! I am calling the Better Business Bureau as well as the attorney general

Sh
  14th of Dec, 2014
Rocket Lawyer - charged twice when wasn't supposed to be to be
rocket lawyer

my complaint is i am being charged for a service that i didn't agree to i have been charged two months in a row for a total $80.00 so for an this has put me in a bad way of over drawing my account unexpectedly.

Ki
  5th of Oct, 2015

I just got a charge for 39.95 I just been to there tinfoil for a paper I used my card to print it off now they have retained my credit card info and refuse to give me my money back. This is not cool I need my money back .at least send a courtesy email or something that we are going to take ur money from u.

Ki
  5th of Oct, 2015

Please help me get my 39.95 back from them I never authorized that transaction and I'm on limited income I need my money back