Rocket Communications Efax & Vmail / unauthorized charges on AT&T bill

1 unknownunknown, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 300-0549

My August AT&T bill included a charge from Rocket Comm Svcs efax & vmail mth fee. I called AT&T to inquire what it was, since I had not ordered any additional services and had never heard of Rocket Comm before. They said I had to contact the company directly. I did so. They said it was charged in error and had already been removed from my bill, but my next bill arrived with that amount shown as still owing. The person I spoke with at Rocket Comm even gave me a confirmation number for "cancelling" (though I never ordered it) the service: 214 555. The phone number they had provided on the original bill no longer reaches the company. What a scam! How can a company be allowed to just add charges to my phone bill without my ordering them or giving them permission?

Comments

Ch
  8th of Oct, 2008