Rockefeller Center / Bad service

United States, New York, New York Review updated:
Rockefeller Center
New York
I had a group of friends from Mexico, Honduras and Guatamala visiting me for the holiday's and I thought it would be nice to take them to Manhattan and see the tree at Rockefeller Center. On Sat. Dec. 19 I picked them up and headed into Manhattan at night because I figured the crowds and traffic would be more manageable. We got to Rockefeller Center at 11:32 p.m. and the tree's lights were already shut off. The plaza was packed with tourists anyway. I was dissapointed but figured we could still make the best of it and began snapping photos and mingling with the other happy holiday revelers. At 11:55 p.m. Rockefeller Center security began shutting down the plaza in the most rude and uneducated way. They starting screaming at us all "Come on let's move everybody out we're closed, Hey you stop taking pictures now!! get out we're closed, move out now!!" I was so embarassed. This is not how I wanted My City and my Country represented. These guys need to be trained how to perform their jobs like gentlemen. Rockefeller Center is a destination for many people visiting our Great City for the first time. And this is smack dab in the middle of the holiday season. Why would the trees lights be shut and the plaza closed by these louts when it's obvious the enjoyment of visitors to our great City would be compromised.

N  19th of Feb, 2009 by
Why? Because the people who work there might light to go home at the end of a long day.
You could have checked their website to confirm the hours ahead of time.
D  13th of Apr, 2009 by
Well I just would like to be a really honest person, Lets face it the workers at Rockefeller Center Plaza need to also do there last minute Christmas Shopping. Most of the workers wanna leave so they can go Christmas shopping and working late hours can be very stressful around the holidays . All of this is why I disagree. The tree I know must light up right when the sun goes down, this is plenty of time for people and tourists to see it, also take photo's of the tree. The guy that went there should have came earlier to see the tree before the lights shut off. During the Christmas holiday a person should go shopping for gifts all day long and as early as 7:00 a.m. and then when night falls go visit the tree at Rockefeller Center, that is if they are not working that day of course. Some people have no common sense on how to organize there holidays!