Rockcliffe Financial / Scam and fraud!

100 Pearl St Suite 206Hartford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-963-9165

I would like to start off by saying I really truly wish I had seen all of this first. I can almost copy the report verbatim from a couple of posts down, with one exception. I spoke with Frank Portino Yesterday. I made the mistake of paying the 787 and when hey told me that I would need to pay another 500 to guarantee insurance on the loan, I said no.

I was told that I would have my money returned to me within 3 to 5 business days. then at the 5 business day mark, I was told (By Frank Portino,) that since my broker for the loan was internationally based I would have to wait a couple of extra days.

As of today, the Rockcliffe-financial website is down, my bank account is at a negative, I just finished fighting off a foreclosure sale, and I don't think I'll ever see my money again. I just filed a formal complaint with the FTC, and I'm going to contact an acquaintance at the Oprah show, whom I'm hoping loves a good predatory lending /international fraud story.
Va

Comments

Ve
  18th of Jan, 2008
i was a victim of fraud with this company. i also paid 787.50 to this company on 1/9/2008. i first spoke to frank and then received a call from michael larson who said that frank made the wrong quote on my loan. he claimed that frank was fired and can no longer work in that office. he was going to handle my loan. he was going to give me another 2000 because of the error but i had to pay another 787. he didn't receive the 787 the second time. he faxed me a guarantee letter stating that i wouldn't have to pay any more and that the money would be put into my account within 3 hours. i refuse to send the other 787 and he claimed i would receive my money back with 7 days. like you, i have not received any of my money back. when i try to call michael, he transfer me to voicemail. i have reported him and that company to the better business bureau and have filed a [redacted]. i know this is money i have lost but i really could use my money back. i have been put into a financial bind because of this.
An
  8th of Mar, 2008
Just to let you know 100 Pearl Street is an abandonded building and it used to house the Hartford Police Academy. I am not sure who is running the fraud, but don't you find it odd that someone would have you send money to another country for a loan in the US????