Rock Tops / horrible customer service

1 1410 E. Michigan AveSaline, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 734-429-2222

We are in the middle of a house wide remodeling project. After looking into granite counter tops my husband and I decided to go with Rock Tops. That turned out to be a terrible mistake. First When purchasing our counters they tried to sneek extra charges in. When the person came to measure he said nothing about the need to cut any of the cabinets out to install the sink, that was on sight when he measured. He told us there was no change in the square footage but later that day our sales person called to say we owed an $58 dollars because there was more square feet. When the counters were delivered the installers said they could not install because the cabinets were not sturdy enough. My mother had just had granite counters installed a month earlier using the same cabinets we used and her installer had no problem (also from Rock Tops). Then they informed us we needed to cut most of both sides of our sink cabinet out so the sink would fit. They said the person that measured should have told us of this. I asked if they could install the other side so I could put my stove and refrigerater back and he said he would have to move things in his truck to get to that piece, so he did not install it. We reinforced the cabinet and called Rock Tops to come back and they told us it would be another $350 and a week for them to come back. I have to pay more money because their installer basicly didn't feel like doing his job. Bottom line is that they sneek charges in and tack on fee everywhere they can and once you've signed the contract you can forget about customer service.

Am

Comments

• Ji
      28th of Jan, 2009
    Rock Tops - Awful experience
    Rock Tops
    rocktopsgranite.com

We're remodeling a kitchen after a house fire and selected RockTops for the countertops. I paid a $1600 deposit by personal check then $2800 via a credit card. Rocktops called to schedule the installation then disappeared.

All their stores across the country mysteriously closed and every voice mail box in their corporate office is full. I actually managed to get the VP of the company on his cell phone. He claimed to be in the hospital, didn't know anything, but finally admitted that the company 'looks like it's going out of business'. I've also found the cell phone number of the Director of Outside State Operations but he's suspiciously in the dark also.

I've filed a dispute with my credit card company and they'll protect me but I'm out the $1600. I believe this company has taken everyone's money and run. Merry Christmas! I especially feel bad for all the employees of this company that were probably blindsided right before Christmas. Good luck...