ROAMAN'S CATALOG / FALSE ADVERTISING + BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

NJ, United States Review updated:
ROAMAN'S CATALOG does FALSE ADVERTISING!

I received a sale catalog on 9/30/2008, hopped right online and placed my order on 9/30/2008.

Then when 2 1/2 weeks went by without receiving the package, I followed up with them and was told the item was on "back order" and in the "Date Expected" section were three question marks ? ? ?

So I emailed them and asked them what ? ? ? meant in terms of a backorder timeline. I was then told that the item would be shipped out on 11/27/2008. So I contacted them again and said that this was a long while, but at least I'd have my shoes in time for the Holidays.

Well, I received one email day before yesterday on 11/3/2008 that stated that my item would be shipping out "any day now" and then just now another lovely Roaman's email popped into my inbox and stated that my order has been cancelled.

So ... all of the previous emails were to keep me browsing and buying.

Believe ME ... I will not purchase from Roamans ever again.

We are savvy shoppers and will not be treated unfairly by a company that clearly does not care one bit about customer service.

Prior to this fiasco, I ordered three separate pants suits. All three packages I received contained THE WRONG ITEMS. Wrong color, wrong style and wrong size!! When I called Customer Service, they were quite nonchalant about it ... because it happens ALL THE TIME.

Anyway, I wrote this so that I may save some of you some time and many hassles. BEWARE OF ROAMANS CATALOG ... THEY ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

Happy Holidays everyone!

MJ from NJ :o)
Mj

Comments

Th
  28th of Nov, 2008
could you advise where I could send a letter to customer service re a product I hope you bring back? Thanks so much! Theresa Bollman